Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:26:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 545 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt.CC | Scrypt Cloud Mining  (Read 750505 times)
ScryptCC (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:50:40 AM

what i never understand is how are you comparing this with owning at home ones?
tomorrow this company could shut down. what kind of information do you have? Do you have legal contract that requires them to pay you back?
what guaranties do you have that you will still own 20 mh in 1 yr from now?

We are not going anywhere!

This is just crap, if they have profitable mining rigs then why don't they run them for themselves and collect the coins instead of renting them out. Something smells. Nobody in their right mind would rent our mining power for less than what it makes.

Our mining rigs are pumping out ~2,300,000 KHS and growing everyday. We have only sold little over 5% of our hashing power, all BTC acquired from the sold KHS go straight into acquiring more KHS. We offer a service where our user can get up and mining with small investments. Without having to deal with space issues, heat issues, hardware failures and most importantly without having to invest in infrastructure.

We are making mining accesable to everyone!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
emmettoc

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:26:01 AM

ScryptCC, thank you for your hard work. It's gonna take some time to establish trust.

But I think the trade system will die if you continue to sell additional KHS at the lowest price.

Anyway I'm looking forward to upcoming features.
ScryptCC (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:23:38 AM

ScryptCC, thank you for your hard work. It's gonna take some time to establish trust.

We understand that, we've only been online for 12 days.

But I think the trade system will die if you continue to sell additional KHS at the lowest price.

We set the lowest price with our first batch, We won't be selling KHS randomly. It was not in our plans to put up another batch of KHS up for sale so soon, but we are growing very fast and we have received emails and support tickets regarding users wanting to buy KHS and there are none available. So we decided to sell another batch of KHS.
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:28:38 AM

Looks good to me. But website seems amateur to me. Also Break Even In: 169 Days. seems not good roi.
emmettoc

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:40:29 AM

We set the lowest price with our first batch, We won't be selling KHS randomly. It was not in our plans to put up another batch of KHS up for sale so soon, but we are growing very fast and we have received emails and support tickets regarding users wanting to buy KHS and there are none available. So we decided to sell another batch of KHS.

Thank you for your prompt response. Yes, I mean that it's not a trade if you continue to accommodate the request from people who want to buy KHS at the lowest price, it's just a sale only by ScryptCC.
ScryptCC (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:42:41 AM

Looks good to me. But website seems amateur to me. Also Break Even In: 169 Days. seems not good roi.

Don't let the front-end fool you, we have a very secured system, but I have to agree that the front-end of the website is amateur. Our crew consists of programmers, we are not top-end web designers. But we are in the process of having a full web 2.0 front-end revamp.

About the break even, scrypt coins difficulty and profitability are very unstable, the rates you see on the calculator are updated every minute with data coming straight from our data centers. I've seen it vary from 90 days up to 210 days on difficulty spikes.
ScryptCC (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:49:11 AM

Thank you for your prompt response. Yes, I mean that it's not a trade if you continue to accommodate the request from people who want to buy KHS at the lowest price, it's just a sale only by ScryptCC.

Indeed. But take into consideration that we've only been online for 12 day and it seems that the users that have bought KHS are not selling them. So instead of putting the service on hold, we put up another KHS batch for sale. Like I've said earlier, we will not be selling KHS randomly.
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:38:11 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 03:54:29 AM by elrugrim

I approach this with a different mind set.   When someone talks about coin difficulty scaling.. it is a different situation then bitcoins.  Afterall- one might make more money or same money by leaving the most profitable per coin with highest difficulty, and snagging a different coin with less value but a lot lower difficulty , there are lots of flash in the pan alts that appear, are valueable for a hot minute, and then settle down.   So the coin difficulty is not a linear or exponential scale when dealing with the vast quanity available.   Also. the ROI arguement of 210 days (which is what I have seen as worst case scenario)  That's not ROI-  thats your making back the entire cost of your investment while still maintaining said investment, which still has the ability to be liquidated and sold prior to that point.    Your ROI is based on what your specific goals are.   You wanna make a 10% total profit?  Mine and sell a two to three weeks later.
emmettoc

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:44:49 AM

Don't let the front-end fool you, we have a very secured system, but I have to agree that the front-end of the website is amateur. Our crew consists of programmers, we are not top-end web designers. But we are in the process of having a full web 2.0 front-end revamp.

Agree. Security and stability is much more important for this kind of site though front-end design is important too.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:58:31 AM

This is just crap, if they have profitable mining rigs then why don't they run them for themselves and collect the coins instead of renting them out. Something smells. Nobody in their right mind would rent our mining power for less than what it makes.

There is time value to money.  Money today is worth more than money tomorrow.   

This is actually a great business model for expanding a business.   They get ~6 months of BTC up front that they can use right away.   Their risk is reduced and their ability to compete improves.   For example they will be able easily afford a lot of scrypt ASIC miners now. 

I see your type of attitude a lot on these boards.   My guess is that you have never ran a business.   When you are running a business you normally want to grow it.  Since the have the space, power and skills to build the hashing power there is little risk in selling it and building much faster than they could have but just using the power themselves.   This allows them to actually make more money with less risk.   

You can debate the price but the concept is sound.   It can also be a very good deal for the purchasers who are saving on time, skills and the costs of setting up their own equipment.   It also provides more options for managing the risk of mining.   It can be a win-win deal.
dyask

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:03:43 AM

what i never understand is how are you comparing this with owning at home ones?

tomorrow this company could shut down. what kind of information do you have? Do you have legal contract that requires them to pay you back?

A business can go away, that is true.   It is part of the risk.   However there are a lot of risks with running a major mining operation in your home too.  It is unlikely that any mining rigs are covered by homeowners insurance.   Things like fires, floods, theft and acts of God happen every day to people.   I think if you are a heavy miner in your home you are greatly increasing the risks have some horrible event happening.   
kinglothar

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:21:14 PM

Come on now, you know this applies to 90% of the bitcoin ecosystem... I don't have these guarantees from blockchain, MtGox or Kraken either!
What I know is that in one year from now, your KnC Jupiter WILL be obsolete and no one will buy it. KHS don't become obsolete. They might devaluate but they're still the same KHS.
kinglothar

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:28:26 PM

There is the same recurring argument about mining hardware vendors: why do they sell hardware instead of keeping it for themselves?
Easy:
- First of all they ARE taking a cut on the mining profit (covering their hosting running costs + a markup)
- By selling mining capabilities they are less exposed to the bitcoin rate variations, this risk is offloaded to the miners
- They get the money now instead of later

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:28:57 PM

would be cool to have this for mining new alt coin, not the one on coinwarz, which are not that profitable...

basically like a rent, but not with their absurd scam price
dyask

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:56:27 AM

would be cool to have this for mining new alt coin, not the one on coinwarz, which are not that profitable...

basically like a rent, but not with their absurd scam price

Say what you want but so far it has been very profitable.   Nothing bad about making .5% a day.   
PyroClasTix

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 10:54:38 AM

Trading slooooowly building, but it's there.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:30:22 AM

Looks interesting, will do a small article about this service in a few hours Smiley
IT is like CEX.io your price in KHs can only go down over time.
ROI jumps +50% with upcoming/existing Asics and forget about return Smiley.
Eg for price 3500Khs i would prefer buy Direct 5 BTC than Khs than 3500$ for cloud mining ring +some maintenance fees.
Then wait 3-4 moths till they dump coin prices so much that you will buy them for ~80~90% discount Smiley.
Cool tool to dump ASIC(script) coins which are are out.
I wonder how many coins will with their POW to other algorithm Blake256,SH3,scrypt-jane,X11(Darkcoin).
I think its risky at current prices but good luck.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
dyask

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:57:11 AM

Looks interesting, will do a small article about this service in a few hours Smiley
IT is like CEX.io your price in KHs can only go down over time.
ROI jumps +50% with upcoming/existing Asics and forget about return Smiley.
Eg for price 3500Khs i would prefer buy Direct 5 BTC than Khs than 3500$ for cloud mining ring +some maintenance fees.
Then wait 3-4 moths till they dump coin prices so much that you will buy them for ~80~90% discount Smiley.
Cool tool to dump ASIC(script) coins which are are out.
I wonder how many coins will with their POW to other algorithm Blake256,SH3,scrypt-jane,X11(Darkcoin).
I think its risky at current prices but good luck.

Everything in the cryptocoin world is risky.   Betting on the new Asics is risky too and just buying and holding BTC is probably even more risky.

For the record, what you are doing at scrypt.cc is simply buying KHS for a return.   The return is variable, but so far has been much higher than expected.   I'm sure it will go down at some point, maybe even today.   But I think it is a better use of BTC than just putting them in a paper wallet.   I might lose, but everyday I have choice of, buying more KHS with my earned BTC, diversifying my earned BTC or even selling my KHS for what I can get that day. 

However this site really isn't like CEX.io.   CEX.io is very heavy on the trading side.   There you can't really make much of a gain by just mining at the current prices, although that is a lot better than it was two months ago.   The scrypt.cc business is much more about the mining than the trading.   Same general concept but weighted very differently.   

Another huge difference is a scrypt.cc they pay every 10 minutes like clockwork.   That is really nice and removes a lot of the stress.   
PyroClasTix

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 07:40:41 PM

Well, lets give it a shot!  Smiley
You won't regret it! Awesome site!  Grin
dyask

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:46:04 AM

Well, lets give it a shot!  Smiley
You won't regret it! Awesome site!  Grin

I've been doing extremely well there!   I'm not even asking for a referral, just go to scrypt.cc and check out for your self.   
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 545 »
  Print  

Jump to: