Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:56:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I cash out and take the loss?  (Read 2440 times)
onaiwusun

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 04:46:52 PM

There is always the risk of losing money when you invest in cryptos.If you can HODL,you MAY be able to see some price appreciation
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:24:07 PM

This bloodbath days will pass and soon better days will come. Have you not triggered a stop loss from your strategy? Upon entering the crypto currency market, you should've included in your strategy a stop loss and your own target price. A loss of 70% is already on a point of no return. If you will be seeing the coins you have invested in to reach another ATH, you will be crying again for selling at a loss. My advice, buy in parts thru cost averaging method.
Eleven86

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:43:42 PM

No this not the right time to sold, have a faith and keep on holding the bitcoin. We all now need is patience only, all are expect market will recover soon. Now the price of all coins are very low, just hold the coins for long term once the market returns automatically the price of bitcoin will increase. So dont get panic about the current fluctuations instead of that just keep hold on with patience.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:53:42 PM

Sorry to read about your loss. How i read it you bought the alts around the same time, spreading it to buys once a month would had save you here [you had bought lower or not at all seeing the price fall]
May you invest again in crypto im sure you will do way better now knowing what the risks could be.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:20:48 PM

When you get into the cryptocurrency network, it is like a do or die game. The decision is in your hands, the market always keeps you in a dilemma what needs to be done next. If you are with plans to end up the cryptocurrency investment then you can do it anytime, but you expect something good from it. Then, it's not the right time to do, just have patience all that you've invested is upon potential altcoins.
tmoney88

Activity: 142
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:07:09 PM

Never trust other's opinion on a coin, I'm with you there. Always do your own research. Nobody knows if a coin is going to double or 10x. Crypto is definitely a risky investment. I am currently in the negative of my investments as well. But I'm not looking to cash out.

The way I look at it, is if you believed in crypto or a project at one point, this recent bear market shouldn't hurt your belief in it. The market is very violatile. As much as it hurts right now, the market will bounce back up. right now we are probably at about as low as it could go. So personally I don't believe selling now is a good idea. If you for sure want out of cryto, at least wait for the next rebound and bounce back up.
Marcel555

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:17:58 PM

I usually have a stop-loss limit where I pull out and take the loss. This point varies, depending on the prospects of what am holding, the market situation and sometimes purely personal situations.

Most advice against cashing out, and I also endorse that as patience is a key quality necessary in crypto.
The final decision is solely yours.
blacktux88

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 08:19:23 PM

i would never cashout and take the loss , but its your own desiccion !
crypto will raise ... but the question is when and how mouch ...
give the hole thing a little more time

At the beginning of the year I got into cryptocurrency think I would make a lot of money if I did a ton of research and learned everything about crypto. So I bought $4k worth of bpt and prl. I would say my stack is worth about $1000 now with a 75% loss. Everybody on this forum talked so highly of those coins thinking it would sky rocket one day but they are just getting so low that I know I will never get my money back & I don't want to lose it all. I guess I'm here to say don't trust anybody on this forum that thinks they know what a good coin is and most differently DONT trust any future "10x coin" on here. Truth is this is mostly a game of luck. I'm out, cashing out so I don't lose everything!

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1138

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:26:07 PM

At the beginning of the year I got into cryptocurrency think I would make a lot of money if I did a ton of research and learned everything about crypto. So I bought $4k worth of bpt and prl. I would say my stack is worth about $1000 now with a 75% loss. Everybody on this forum talked so highly of those coins thinking it would sky rocket one day but they are just getting so low that I know I will never get my money back & I don't want to lose it all. I guess I'm here to say don't trust anybody on this forum that thinks they know what a good coin is and most differently DONT trust any future "10x coin" on here. Truth is this is mostly a game of luck. I'm out, cashing out so I don't lose everything!
Common mistake of some newbie investor which they do easily believe on shills that they do heard of from other people specially that common line "Buy this coins 10-100x profits later on". These kind of lines been said for thousand times and if you arent aware then most likely you would end up on believing and purchasing on the coin they are talking to. In result? You would be a bag holder of a shitcoin for the rest of your life. Taking or accepting the loss? Its your choice but if you do still no need of money holding would be still a considerable move to make.

Diablomania

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:21:10 PM

I think that selling at this point is the biggest mistake that you can make actually, why are you gonna make that? there is no reason for selling just now

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:21:44 PM

If you bought cryptocoin when the price is very high and the price decrease and you will lose some of your money. I suggest don't sell it or cashout it. Because until now we have a chance the price to recover and if that happen you can get baxk your capital and you will gain profit also. But it's your choice if you want to sell right now or not.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:47:13 PM

Only cash you if you severely need the money.  The market always goes through downtrends and always picks back up,m this is nothing new.
East2011

Activity: 454

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:48:33 PM

You are right do not trust anybody in this forum. Some people are only saying that every altcoins are good and it can go skyrocket. But the truth is it will not.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
SPINPIX

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:06:46 PM

i don't think that it's a good moment to cash out, we come from a great dump during the last two weeks and the market is starting to recover just now, you would probabilly earn amost the half compared to what wou can earn if you have te patience to wait some weeks, for example i'm holding a coin that has lost the 70% from february, now it's too late to sell, i would have too many losses so i've decided to wait for the right moment for cash out

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:15:28 PM

If you have that big loss nowadays that mean selling all of it will haven't got any sense, so just split it and if you need sell some part of it and other part hodl and believe that it could just come up.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:21:19 PM

By now you must have been made aware of what would be good to do now. Just hold back with all the coins you have. I understand your emergency if any, but this is not the right time to sell for profits. You can sell though if it is too emergency. Change your mind. Be patient, try to buy as many coins as you can as all coins are much cheaper and invest more splitting the capital you opt. Find out the best coins those have good growth. December would yield you returns to your investment made now.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:23:35 PM

Yaaas! You should cash out and take a loss. No way you will regain back those losses. Crypto is dead. Don't wait for bitcoin and altcoins to shave another 50% of your money.

No way you will recover.  Grin

kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 214

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:24:47 PM

I think not wait for the pump but if you really need the cash money for your to sustain your family needs do it because feeding foods are very important than anything in this lives, but if not need to sell it and you have other sources for your daily needs do not sell it I suggest hlod and stay calm wait for th the pumping.

TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 10:34:50 PM

At 75% loss is really a bad idea to cash out. Is better to hold surely market will bounce back so just hold on You never know when Lambo.. Grin

biogesic

Activity: 168
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:57:24 PM

Seriously you should've been studying TA all these months. Very important to have an exit strategy in mind. Capitulating is up to you now LOL. What if it drops 50% more, what if it goes up 50% this month? Decision is your man.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: