View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:43:03 AM

Because all the complaints do not come from 1 person, common sense.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:49:15 AM

Cryptsy is the only nub friendly trade site. Also, i think it's the most trustworthy.

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:00:12 AM

That's not entirely true, I see some of the same people complaining over and over.

~BCX~

If you hate alt coins why do you keep posting in the section?
See what I did there ?

Anyways sarcasm aside, one of the few places you can trade most of the alt coins.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Masejoer

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:45:35 AM

QUESTION:

If Cryptsy is so bad why do you losers keep using it?

I agree. You should see how I imagine the type of people that they are. Needless to say, maturity isn't in there anywhere. People rather complain instead of rave about how they're getting to use a service to quickly trade commodities with other persons. They can simply hold their worthless coins until they appear on another exchange they they prefer. Instead, if someone can't get rich fast off of a useless coin, they blame the exchange. They could always use an escrow service and trade that way instead...

Then there's those that complain about Cryptsy, but because something is trading higher on THAT exchange, they use it anyway. You can't pick and choose what you get and lose for using a certain service...
topdude

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 06:52:14 AM

cryptsy is by far the best exchange

Eex77

Activity: 160

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:52:16 AM

Because where else can I dump all of the pump and dump coins I have? (Well of course only until I've waited the 8 hours for it to get there)

DOGE: D9X7qReZrCzkWefgt5FW55ENftoLiyvZHq             BTC: 1NXinRxyWhuetk7VTqUE2xFepbFJUD4MZf             EAC: epECRCi4eLytstZZiD57gXRoLwEJLgTgZx
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:12:09 AM

Cryptorush.in is the next best thing. Wouldn't be surprised to see it have 1000 users online at any given time in 2 weeks tops. Already great reviews and an excellent beta rollout.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:13:12 AM

QUESTION:

~BCX~

Tbh I find cryptsy to be annoyingly slow but I like the features, and robustness (ignoring the lag) of the system
Mordillo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:12:30 PM

Cryptorush.in is the next best thing. Wouldn't be surprised to see it have 1000 users online at any given time in 2 weeks tops. Already great reviews and an excellent beta rollout.

I can't find an address where they are located. Sorry, but i don't trust those kind of exchanges. They can suddenly close and you stand in the rain.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:17:25 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 05:05:53 PM by r3wt

cryptsys problem is on the front end.

the front end servers stop responding, and if you're stuck on one of the ones not responding its tough shit. you have to wait on the admin to come online and reboot the server.

you can see what server you're on at any given time by viewing the source and scrolling to the bottom of the source you will see something like

Code:

<!--web1-->

btw, if you're on web1 right now like i am and wondering why in the hell its so fast, well its because the node process is rogue/zombie and you are receiving no call backs. thats why you submit trades and your balance never changes, though it has in the database and you receive notifications of your order being processed. its annoying as hell, but atleast its just a problem with the webserver and not the application.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:50:10 PM

LMAO! Not until they fix their trade engine to execute orders at the best price.

I had a few thousand iCoin to sell that I'd mined while I was screwing with configurations on my rigs. The sell would have cleared the first 3 buy orders and eaten some of the 4th. I therefore entered my sell order at the price of the 4th order. Any competently-written exchange, even Cryptsy, would then fill the first 3 buy orders and execute a partial fill on the 4th. CryptoRush filled the whole order at the price of the 4th order and left the 3 higher priced buy orders completely intact. Amateur hour stuff that resulted in realizing approximately 40% less for the sale than would have been achieved with proper execution.

Quite how that little gem of a flaw got through an "excellent beta rollout" I have no idea.
gambitx

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:51:50 PM

Cryptsy rules I love it fuck the haters
r3wt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:12:39 PM

Can someone explain how do I generate a coin deposit address.
Just opened a acount on cryptsy, do I need to copy paste my own coin address where it says, Deposit BitCoin & AutoSell Setup, Deposits post after 4 confirmations. You may use older addresses after generating a new address?
I don't know what this means, at coinedup a coin address is generated?

you click the button that says "generate new address"

i find it utterly amazing that people can use computers without reading.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 03:16:50 PM

Just opened a acount on cryptsy, do I need to copy paste my own coin address where it says, Deposit BitCoin & AutoSell Setup, Deposits post after 4 confirmations. You may use older addresses after generating a new address?

The average IQ on this forum is somewhere around 80.

r3wt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:20:38 PM

you have always been one to over-exaggerate a bit  Cheesy

bite

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:30:44 PM

I did click nothing happened, computer playing tricks on me again Wink
thanks
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:45:47 PM

The elitism on this forum is over 9000.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
PinkPotatos

Activity: 126

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 04:54:24 PM

perhaps the fud is organized by competition

ya know.. the likes that would make craptsy.com

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
o3u

Activity: 393

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:18:01 PM

QUESTION:

~BCX~

If banks are so bad why do people keep using it?

1. Cryptsy has been here a while
2. A lot of "auto-sell" sites use cryptsy,
3. They have an early bird monopoly over the exchange bsiness

CRYPTSY IS BAD AND STOLE 740 XPM AVOID USING IT.
r3wt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:26:41 PM

CRYPTSY IS BAD AND STOLE 740 XPM AVOID USING IT.

No they didn't.

zero9119

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:31:43 PM

volume, i suppose
its the only site where you can sell large amount of coins and get tons of profit.

itf991

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:33:51 PM

I just love Crytpsy and Bitjohn is very helpful in need. Wink

Ps.: I've been using it over 5 months.
xIronCrossx

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:53:00 PM

Generally the people who have problems with it are not smart enough to use common sense and don't know what they are doing. Many of them are the same people calling every pool a scam because they don't get exactly the amount of coins a calculator gave them(best when the pool they use is less than 10% of the network). Intelligence is very rare in this section, it's really sad actually.

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
r3wt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:04:15 PM

Generally the people who have problems with it are not smart enough to use common sense and don't know what they are doing. Many of them are the same people calling every pool a scam because they don't get exactly the amount of coins a calculator gave them(best when the pool they use is less than 10% of the network). Intelligence is very rare in this section, it's really sad actually.

I've talked with several people from thailand, china, and japan who say that alot of these supposed people are really just chinese people trying to scam coins out of pool ops and changes by being annoying in support tickets.

BrewCrewFan

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:21:30 PM

Lol how smart do you have to be to put in an addy, put in how much you want to send, and click send?

So now we gone to resort to people who now say they have problems with cryptsy as stupid people
Yeah

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
xIronCrossx

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:22:49 PM

Lol how smart do you have to be to put in an addy, put in how much you want to send, and click send?

So now we gone to resort to people who now say they have problems with cryptsy as stupid people
Yeah

You missed the point completely.

BrewCrewFan

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:26:27 PM

Yeah

No I did not. You made it rather clear in your post.

r3wt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:33:35 PM

Yeah

No I did not. You made it rather clear in your post.

yeah you did. go back to the previous page and you will see the one of the dumbest questions ever asked in the history of the internet.

edit:

you have always been one to over-exaggerate a bit  Cheesy

xIronCrossx

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:33:47 PM

Obviously not. I'll lay out an example for you so you understand it better.

Biggest complaint was/is negative balance issues. Most of the time they stem from the user pressing multiple sell/buy orders when the system as getting hammered. If said user had used google for 2 minutes, he/she would have seen threads where negative balances and multiple buy/sell orders caused this and how to fix it. Instead most of the come here calling it a scam. I had extra LTC and extra buy orders before too and got put in the negative, so I sold it off to get back in the positive. Not a hard concept.

My biggest gripe usually isn't with the "Cryptsy is a scam" crowd. It's the people who can't take 5 minutes out of their life to google something, instead they just spam up this forum with silly questions.

r3wt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:39:53 PM

Obviously not. I'll lay out an example for you so you understand it better.

Biggest complaint was/is negative balance issues. Most of the time they stem from the user pressing multiple sell/buy orders when the system as getting hammered. If said user had used google for 2 minutes, he/she would have seen threads where negative balances and multiple buy/sell orders caused this and how to fix it. Instead most of the come here calling it a scam. I had extra LTC and extra buy orders before too and got put in the negative, so I sold it off to get back in the positive. Not a hard concept.

My biggest gripe usually isn't with the "Cryptsy is a scam" crowd. It's the people who can't take 5 minutes out of their life to google something, instead they just spam up this forum with silly questions.

an easy solution for this:

disable submit button until the success callback function is returned

use form keys

and

query the users balance at the beginning of the post, then make sure it matches prior to executing the insert query(what inserts the trade into the database)

obviously the usage of node.js makes this a bit more difficult, but its far from impossible to prevent idiots from doing this repeatedly

xIronCrossx

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:43:50 PM

I'm pretty sure Cryptsy did fix the multiple buy/sell order problem since I haven't encountered it since like December. But yeah, users just need to use common sense and it will work. I will say that Cryptsy needs to do something so they can handle the load, especially if they want to start USD markets.

r3wt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:46:06 PM

I'm pretty sure Cryptsy did fix the multiple buy/sell order problem since I haven't encountered it since like December. But yeah, users just need to use common sense and it will work. I will say that Cryptsy needs to do something so they can handle the load, especially if they want to start USD markets.

At this point in the project they are pretty much stuck with their architechture, and it is what it is. i honestly can't believe i'm the first person to consider php/hhvm as an exchange architecture. it works damn good for facebook, its easy to write/use and scales excellent.

achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:58:32 PM

Well one annoying thing - right now Cryptsy is giving "502 Bad GateWay" as an error when logging in. Sad
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:09:44 PM

Just right now i wanted to signup on cryptsy and there"s a 502 thing on.....wtfffff
Stealthcoin

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:14:46 PM

Bigvern running away with all your coins ??
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:23:14 PM

A huge increase in users. Alt COins will be surging up in price! Chinese are signing up by the 1000s.
affan

Activity: 308

Create smart contracts without coding skills!

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 07:25:24 PM

502 Bad Gateway

I cant access

ALFATOKEN   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Sept, 29 - Oct, 29
Millicent

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:25:37 PM

All kidding aside.  I use it, it works pretty good most of the time.  I can only imagine that some of the issues stem from things beyond their control, like wallet issues.  

NYSE and NASDAQ are crap too, but still use them.   Sometimes you have to wrestle around in a little shit to find the shroom.

BTC ~ 1CX9TMGCv73XLcvckz5RsnHgsHA5fJrL2q
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:33:41 PM

502 Bad Gateway

I cant access

NO Comment...
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:33:46 PM

14 hours withdrawing doge yesterday as well was users fault not cryptsy? Same as 10 hours of awaiting reaction on ticket watching price going down while doges pending. And please do not start talk about dumb users who do not confirm email for god sake. Pending deposite for hours and hours as well users problems who dare to blame cryptsy here. How i can trust market if u should always keep in mind my coins can stuck for several day.

And yeh 502 bad gateway now. Sure it is best exchange ever.
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:38:36 PM

Then go elsewhere, the chinese will take your place on cryptsy. They are signing up by the 1000s.

Alt Coins are heading up to previous highs!
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:42:03 PM

I will as soon as i will finnaly login there and will able to withdraw my coins, which is obvioulsy i can't do.

But i like your comment, our exchange as shit but we will not going to do anything with it, since we are biggest so everyone have to eat it.
r3wt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:42:32 PM

14 hours withdrawing doge yesterday as well was users fault not cryptsy? Same as 10 hours of awaiting reaction on ticket watching price going down while doges pending. And please do not start talk about dumb users who do not confirm email for god sake. Pending deposite for hours and hours as well users problems who dare to blame cryptsy here. How i can trust market if u should always keep in mind my coins can stuck for several day.

I logged into cryptsy just fine. like i said before when you get these errors its because whatever front end server is handling your requests has crashed/gone rogue.

xIronCrossx

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:44:55 PM

Woah, hold up there cowboy. Most of the deposit/withdrawal issues come from new users, but I agree that it's bullshit. The longest I ever had to wait was about 3-4 hours for a Doge deposit, but I've been a user for about 2 months and done a few trades so I'm pretty sure mine go faster than brand new users. I do agree that, that is a real issue and should be fixed or at least explained a bit better somewhere.

I also never said it was the best exchange. If you don't like it and have tons of issues I would recommend going to another exchange, I just try to stop some of the bullshit people spread about Cryptsy. (Such as they are a scam and steal your coins).

johnnyrocket

Activity: 123
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:54:09 PM

Yeah, I wish cryptsy was more stable. It would be nice if some exchange could develop new features like normal equities exchanges have - like limit orders, conditional ordering, etc. I think the first exchange to do that will knock cryptsy out of the game.
Millicent

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:04:04 PM

Yeah, I wish cryptsy was more stable. It would be nice if some exchange could develop new features like normal equities exchanges have - like limit orders, conditional ordering, etc. I think the first exchange to do that will knock cryptsy out of the game.

That's for sure.  shorting , margin...

BTC ~ 1CX9TMGCv73XLcvckz5RsnHgsHA5fJrL2q
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:14:26 PM

I'm glad cryptsy sucks for... "traders"  Roll Eyes

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:19:29 PM

Doge is very popular right now. So of course your deposits/withdrawals will take time to get through. Thousands of others are doing the same.
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:26:38 PM

I will as soon as i will finnaly login there and will able to withdraw my coins, which is obvioulsy i can't do.

But i like your comment, our exchange as shit but we will not going to do anything with it, since we are biggest so everyone have to eat it.

That is the attitude. Who cares if if 35% or more users have issues... it works for the other 55%!!!

The fact of the matter is why we all are not pushing for improvements? Just because it works for you ... what good is it when it does not work for others? Dont you need both buyers and sellers? Or you gonna trade with yourself ?

Very same people that think its all good, are the same ones that cry that there is no innovation in creating new alts...

Ziustag

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:32:12 PM

Will the  - estimated BTC volume function  - come back?
bigb159

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:32:52 PM

I have been getting 502 bad gateway errors and random logouts all day long. Cryptsy simply does not work. I've withdrawn all my currency and am moving to coinex or cryptorush and probably will never go back.
Mordillo

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:42:12 PM

I have been getting 502 bad gateway errors and random logouts all day long. Cryptsy simply does not work. I've withdrawn all my currency and am moving to coinex or cryptorush and probably will never go back.

Good luck with withdrawing your coins. You may see them arrive in approx. 4-5 days. That's about the time craptsy will block them as "pending"

Grasberg

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:02:21 PM

The delays in orders make it hard to use sometimes, but I've never had problems with deposits or withdrawals being processed.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:10:36 PM

I can't live without my Cryptsy wallet but today there seems to be a humongous lag for deposit of coins and the site timed out on me a lot today. This is probably good news as many more coins are coming on and more users are using it I guess. I am trying to see the positive side. Also I should have purchased Cryptsy shares when they were cheap because now I cant afford them yet lol. Grin
Wolf0

Activity: 81

It was only the wind.

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:16:41 AM

That is the attitude. Who cares if if 35% or more users have issues... it works for the other 55%!!!

The fact of the matter is why we all are not pushing for improvements? Just because it works for you ... what good is it when it does not work for others? Dont you need both buyers and sellers? Or you gonna trade with yourself ?

Very same people that think its all good, are the same ones that cry that there is no innovation in creating new alts...

I agree with you, but... do you even math, bro?
r3wt

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:37:10 AM

I agree with you, but... do you even math, bro?

was probably drunk, last night was the superbowl.

hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:01:00 PM

Sending eac to craptsy...

6 confirmations needed to be confirmed.

COnfirmations in client... 1 2 3 4 5

Confirmations at craptsy: 1 2 3 4 5...

Confirmations in client: 6 7 8... 15

Confirmations at craptsy: 5 5 5 5 5

Yes very big coincidence... It got stuck just at 5 confirmations.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: