Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:17:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that the price is fully manipulated?  (Read 3014 times)
robertomk999 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:15:32 PM

I think that it was really strange that in January when BTC went down all big cryptocurrency exchanges closed registration for new members and they opened it only when the price was low. Then at spring when the downtrend was broken(7000$) there were many news that cryptocurrency now will go up! But whales just made big shorts at 10 000 $and all the news said that cryptocurrency won't go up for along time and market went down to current position.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:31:03 AM

I think that it was really strange that in January when BTC went down all big cryptocurrency exchanges closed registration for new members and they opened it only when the price was low. Then at spring when the downtrend was broken(7000$) there were many news that cryptocurrency now will go up! But whales just made big shorts at 10 000 $and all the news said that cryptocurrency won't go up for along time and market went down to current position.
Concerning exchanges closing registrations,that's normal because the exchange platform can't handle infinite members because hosting limited performance etc..They had to close the registrations to expand their capacity of members by upgrading their servers.Thus,it's not really a manipulation from exchanges.However,whales are kind of manipulating the market we've seen this many times now a whale sold his coins and a huge wave of sells followed him.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:45:14 AM

I do not think the closing of registrations for new accounts is related to any price manipulation issues. It is mainly down to scaling problems.
I do agree that there are some who can manipulate the price of certain coins.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1622

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:26:05 AM

I've seen in too. In january and february we had dozen of bad news. From bans, gouverments, high bitcoin fees, exchanges wasnt able to handle the load, Soros, Gates, Buffett thoughts - everything looks like its the end of crypto. But et the end of february  it fill like end of storm. No clouds on the sky and pure view on the shiny moon.

Price is manipulated by whales. Just imagine that you are a whale. What would you do seeing bitcoin at 20 000? I would sell or even sell and short. And what if you are that rich and influential that you can manipulate media? Without it you will earn 100 mil out of 1 bil invested with it you will earn 1bil out of 1 bil invested.

About the exchanges - i think that they realy wasnt abo to give quality servise at this load. Even now when pump and dump grups are pumping coins on binance they have problem to keep up with the transactions.
colkcolk

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:01:43 AM

That is a general suspicion with crypto market as the volume is not too large refer to a wealthy person, it is easier to manipulate the price by the rich man compared to other stuff such as forex and stock exchange. Therefore US justice is investigating this issues in recent weeks to prove the suspicion.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:08:44 AM

If you talking about Bitcoin this will move forward in soon so you should wait for two more months. Many rumours are spread in crypto market so you must analyse then take action because past five years chart is clearly explain the variation of Bitcoin. I think this year it wil reach more than 20000 USD then only you are believe the potential of cryptocurrency.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
kujaroth

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:14:11 AM

It is impossible that cryptocurrencies were manipulated. There is no governing body and it is only invented. . . I don't know if it could be regulated. But from what I know we can make it look like stocks exchange market.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:24:13 AM

It can be manipulated only if the whales are really moving this market, we cannot blame them since that's the only way for them to make money to fully hype the market. Just not focus on this short term run, after this trend for sure the price will finally go higher.

It is impossible that cryptocurrencies were manipulated. There is no governing body and it is only invented. . . I don't know if it could be regulated. But from what I know we can make it look like stocks exchange market.
Its possible if all the whales wanted to because they are holding a big volume of bitcoin, hope they are really the reason why the price is quiet stable on this level.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:51:47 AM

For me that is more than full manipulation that is maybe the reason most people fail in day trading, I think rather than whales major manipulators are exchanges themselves.

robertomk999 (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:14:46 AM

Concerning exchanges closing registrations,that's normal because the exchange platform can't handle infinite members because hosting limited performance etc..They had to close the registrations to expand their capacity of members by upgrading their servers.Thus,it's not really a manipulation from exchanges.However,whales are kind of manipulating the market we've seen this many times now a whale sold his coins and a huge wave of sells followed him.

But still by closing it they just helped crypto market not to get more money. I mean they closed registration(simultaneously!) exactly in that moment  when the market turned around. It looks really strange. Maybe there were really has technical problems with registration new users but still I think that it wasn't the whole reason
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:15:27 AM

I think that was merely a coincidence about the closure of exchanger registration or could be the fact that they really reached their server limit ahead. Who knows whats the real fact is but one thing is sure that we cant just judge depend upon that. We could have said that it is a price manipulation if it would have been for the single coin. But when it comes to the whole market login up and down then it doesnt real mean that its manipulation. It is natural up and down causing due to real market investment and facts that panic and natural sells are occurring.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:39:20 PM

I do not think the closing of registrations for new accounts is related to any price manipulation issues. It is mainly down to scaling problems.

Yes, these exchanges were never expected they will get so much traffic all of a sudden and they didn't prepare themselves to provide a service to such a huge member base. Once member base grows then they will expect a lot of tickets and if they fail to provide an answer on time then they will get a bad name so they might have stopped to take new registrations to improve their back-end support. There is a manipulation going on in this uncontrolled crypto market but it is very hard to find out who is doing it.
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:54:22 PM

Every market is manipulated, stocks, crypto , gold, etc.  There will always be someone that has more inside knowledge then you.  Just tried to ride the same waves as the whales do.
Flomo

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 03:37:40 PM

many people are losers due to this decline, but not a few also take advantage of this opportunity to buy coins. I think there will be a good time where the value and coin chart will rise again.
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:19:38 PM

I think the price can be manipulated to an extent.
The dictators(whales) can spread negative news and cause  panic, the way the market reacts determines the outcome.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Mahanton

Activity: 2660
Merit: 623

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:17:09 PM

Yes, these exchanges were never expected they will get so much traffic all of a sudden and they didn't prepare themselves to provide a service to such a huge member base. Once member base grows then they will expect a lot of tickets and if they fail to provide an answer on time then they will get a bad name so they might have stopped to take new registrations to improve their back-end support. There is a manipulation going on in this uncontrolled crypto market but it is very hard to find out who is doing it.
One of the possible reasons why do exchange do close up registrations which is mainly on preventing back-logs towards their service because once they would suffer problems with that it would really make a bad reflect image into their business thats why they do need to do such thing.Manipulation do exist no matter what specially when we do talk into market which do mention about profitability or simply involves money but as being said pinpointing out would really be hard but for sure they do exist.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1699

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:31:01 PM

Basically there are 17 million coins out there but the issue is that most aren't in circulation.

According to some reports only 1-2 million have circulation on a weekly or monthly basis.

If you combine this with leverage and margin trading then yes it's very possible to manipulate the price if you and your whale friends hold enough coins.

Hence the reason why the SEC started a manipulation probe investigation because these manipulations were affecting the Bitcoin future prices. This is generally not good and reason for price crash this week.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1337

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:38:56 PM

Yes' I think that the price is manipulated and I'm not the only one. That's exactly what CTFC (commodity futures trading commission) is investigating right now. They issued subpoenas to a number of exchanges (4 last time I checked) and demanded all trading data. This happened like 2 days ago, and we crashed...
I hope people responsible will not get too scared, what would the market be without a bit of manipulation Wink

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:43:20 PM

I think, the current price decline is not fully manipulated by the pope, but because of the 'existence' of sales transactions in the majority of cryptocurrency users, ahead of the ongoing long holiday.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:11:01 PM

Hence the reason why the SEC started a manipulation probe investigation because these manipulations were affecting the Bitcoin future prices. This is generally not good and reason for price crash this week.

It's the CFTC that started an investigation regarding the manipulation of the market. I think it's quite a good thing that it happens, especially so because of the fact that it was an increase based on nothing. I am quite sure that if we today would have settled an all time high of $7000 the entire crypto space would celebrate it like they have won a long ongoing war. Whoever it was that manipulated the market like there was no tomorrow, they made billions in a matter of months. They likely bought back the coins they sold way lower too, so we might be up for a similar boost somewhere in the coming years -- these massive increases happen once every few years.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: