Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:10:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How risky to invest in cryptocurrency?  (Read 3008 times)
hisyam_fathoni

Activity: 331
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:46:04 PM

the world of crypto is very risky for all. if any calculation would result in a loss. better follow a project bounty. if you want to both select the altcoin that could potentially and popular
upperwonder

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:49:55 PM

Currently, more and more projects are emerging that collect money and disappear. In other words, scam projects. This, in my opinion, is the greatest risk to invest in them.
bekspes

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:02:51 PM

I think the risk is big enough. one of the factors is wrong not careful in choosing ICO or where to invest. how to prevent it is to analyze first before investing.
SinisterS

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:04:22 PM

What I've learned is that the bigger risk is not taking the risk. I know the markets are down, but imagine not taking the risk say 4 years ago.
Drendert

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:11:38 PM

It is risky to invest not only for beginners, but also for experienced ones, because the cryptocurrency has no guarantees, it is more safe to invest in the most popular coins
Katekuz

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:16:54 PM

You need to read the white paper well and trust your intuition

Decentradical

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:28:38 PM

The risk in cryptocurrency is that you can lose all your money in crypto investment. It doesn't matter if you are a newbie or an expert its possible to lose your money in crypto. The only precaution is that you should try demo trading on exchanges before you invest your money.
vidam

Activity: 260

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:32:11 PM

For a newbie without experience in cryptocurrency, it is very risky. First you should thoroughly study how to properly invest in crypto. And you need to choose and study what projects you want to invest. Begin with small amounts of money, gradually increasing the amount of investment.
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:42:20 PM

For a newbie without experience in cryptocurrency, it is very risky. First you should thoroughly study how to properly invest in crypto. And you need to choose and study what projects you want to invest. Begin with small amounts of money, gradually increasing the amount of investment.
mountains small amounts of money are a pity to lose, therefore, in order to be more confident in your prospects, you need to more carefully approach the study of the project you are interested in. In any case, you need to pay attention not only to the names of the team, But also to the speed of raising funds from investors.
aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:51:52 PM

I think everyone knows that this is very risky. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are a good and interesting solution for making a profit, but mainly for those investors who are ready for risk, because there are no guarantees of minimum profitability or, at least, breakeven investments.
Holucoin10

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:05:51 PM

How risky for beginner to invest in cryptocurrency? What kind of risk factor and what are the precautions?

From my personal experience, I just have this to chip in;

Volatility is part of the trading, so I won't consider it a major risk, I'll just term it high risk / high reward phenomenon . You have etherum going up by 4000% in 6 months, that's huge, but also u need to know etherum can collapse 4000% in one month (this doesn't seem likely though, at the current state, but a time might come), therefore you need to know how to take profit and not be greedy.
Holucoin10

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:10:35 PM

I think everyone knows that this is very risky. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are a good and interesting solution for making a profit, but mainly for those investors who are ready for risk, because there are no guarantees of minimum profitability or, at least, breakeven investments.

Something both New and Old Investors must stay Guided on is, the risk to total loss due to your exchange account getting hacked. Therefore it is recommended that you invest in off line cold storage, instead of keeping your crypto on the exchange house network. Hackers are everywhere, Recently I read that 7000BTC or more than were wiped-off from Binance exchange.

Source: https://stocksgazette.com/2018/07/03/binance-potentially-hacked-for-45-million-announces-unplanned-maintenance/
404edson

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:20:06 PM

Something both New and Old Investors must stay Guided on is, the risk to total loss due to your exchange account getting hacked. Therefore it is recommended that you invest in off line cold storage, instead of keeping your crypto on the exchange house network. Hackers are everywhere, Recently I read that 7000BTC or more than were wiped-off from Binance exchange.

Source: https://stocksgazette.com/2018/07/03/binance-potentially-hacked-for-45-million-announces-unplanned-maintenance/

Even the highest rank of the cryptocurrency are not really profitable if you cannot be updated for the upcoming news, indicator, and etc.. Or may be it can gives you a greater losses when it will happens. In my part, as far as I'd experienced it is better to invest within my affordable losses because you will have nothing if you can encounter the bunch of scammers trying to fraud other people for their own good.
Damn3d

Activity: 359

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:28:01 PM

It depends on what the currency you are speaking about, there are already more than 1600 different ones, and some are more risky and some are less risky, so choose first yours Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Cybersecurity Penetration Testing
.....on the Ethereum Blockchain......
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ██▌         ▄  ▄▄
        ██▌        █▀ ▄█
        ██▌       █▀ ██
        ███████████ ▀▀
                 ▀██▄
                  ███
                  ▐██
                  ▐██
                  ███
                 ▄██▀
       ███████████▀
     ▄█ ▄▄
    ██ ▄█
      ██
     ▀▀
    ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ████████████████████████████
    ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
    ███████████████       ██████
    ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
    ████████████▀▀     ▀▀▀██████
    ████████████          ██████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄    ▄
     ██▄            ▄████████████▀
     █████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
      █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
     █▄█████████████████████████▌
     ▀██████████████████████████
       ▀███████████████████████
       ▐██████████████████████
         ▀██████████████████▀
           ▄▄█████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:41:53 PM

The problem is that the cryptocurrency market is not regulated in any way, there are no risk assessment mechanisms, and the return of investments is not guaranteed by anyone and nothing, except the honest word of the author of the next project. By and large, the fact that someone has an idea does not at all mean that the idea is good and realizable, that the resulting product will really make a profit
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:52:51 PM

The biggest risk is the declining trend of the crypto you invested. According to OKEx exchange, “Trading of digital assets involves significant risk. The risk of loss in trading or holding digital assets can be substantial. You should therefore carefully consider whether trading in digital assets or any levered or derivative digital assets is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.” It alerts investors to be aware of high risk existing in Minning digital currency investment.
RAAAMA

Activity: 107
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:57:23 PM

Investing is always risky for beginners. It's like a baby trying to run a race with big guys. haha. Always start small, baby steps. Because in any investment opportunity, risk is associated and cryptocurrency is no different. Invest the money that you are willing to lose especially your on a learning stage.  Goodluck.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      flyCARE.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MEDICAL, WELLNESS AND PERSONAL CARE
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
hermae

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:43:10 PM

How risky for beginner to invest in cryptocurrency? What kind of risk factor and what are the precautions?

Investing in cryptocurrency would be too risky for beginners, especially if they do not have enough knowledge about how the cryptocurrency works. If a beginner invests without proper or enough knowledge, they might get panic whenever the price becomes low, they panic and they sell their coins at very low prices thinking that it is the best way.
condura150

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:57:41 PM

Investment is risky for beginners because they have little knowledge and reliable sources when it comes to where to invest in and how to invest in this and that. Because of the lack of knowledge they are prone to being victims of scammers. Also they might not manage the money they invested in the right way and they might not cope up with cryptocurrencies sudden change of prices.
Cryptocb

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:58:48 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 11:28:43 PM by Cryptocb

Many ICO takes time and long duration before listen to any Exchange, which can take more extra time to hit ICO price, before making a profit, Base on that every ICO has a road map which can be follow and before it we get to moon. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: