Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:17:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any interest in a U.S. wheatback penny collection 1909-1958 ?? Sent to Auction  (Read 1620 times)
otrkid70 (OP)

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:35:31 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 06:29:32 PM by otrkid70

Just checking to see if there are any interested people in a Wheatback penny collection before i start posting pics. Missing 8 pennies. happy to post some pics if any interest.
Years 1941-1958  Very high Quality Brigh red colors  1909-1940 Various conditions  Missing 1909-s 1909-s VDB 1910-s 1912-s 1914-d 1914-s 1915-s 1931-s
If i had the missing 8 coins i would be asking about 2 BTC.  But looking for offers.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:27:38 AM

cool collection - no idea how much it's worth though.
DrahogErusiel

Activity: 798

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:34:05 AM

I haven't priced it coin for coin.  just trying to get mining gear. Open to trades also.

if you really want to move these i would suggest snapping a photo of each side at very high res and creating a well organized fold on a server. im sure some coin buff on here will buy it like this to but they will just throw you some low number and thats the best offer you will get without a little more information being provided.

Thread about account being hacked and reclaimed on 7-30-16
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570173.new#new
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:26:10 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 10:16:28 AM by Todamont

Just for reference:

http://www.coinstudy.com/lincoln-penny-value.html

Most of these coins look fine or extremely-fine grade. The '24d and the '11s put the value at around $80-$100 by themselves. Interesting your holder doesn't have a slot for the coveted 1922 coin with no mint-mark.
DrahogErusiel

Activity: 798

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:28:15 PM

I haven't priced it coin for coin.  just trying to get mining gear. Open to trades also.

if you really want to move these i would suggest snapping a photo of each side at very high res and creating a well organized fold on a server. im sure some coin buff on here will buy it like this to but they will just throw you some low number and thats the best offer you will get without a little more information being provided.
It's a pain in the ass but a great idea!  I just hate handling the coins especially the bright red ones.  Thanks

Latex gloves my friend

Thread about account being hacked and reclaimed on 7-30-16
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570173.new#new
Sergios

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:56:23 PM

Nah, 0.4 btc is a low estimate for these coins. From what I can see at least between the 0.8 and the 1.5btc from what i can see (though it is hard to see). Like some said some HD pics would be nice indeed . If you need a quick price range you should visit your local numismatic group. Most of the time these people give you a fair estimate of the value and condition of the coins. And yes I'm a coin collector for 10 years now Smiley A good advice though do not let it go for too little. Looks like a nice collection.
Sergios

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:57:56 PM

before i forget do not clean the coins.. the value will drop if you do Wink
Sergios

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:14:39 PM

Nah, 0.4 btc is a low estimate for these coins. From what I can see at least between the 0.8 and the 1.5btc from what i can see (though it is hard to see). Like some said some HD pics would be nice indeed . If you need a quick price range you should visit your local numismatic group. Most of the time these people give you a fair estimate of the value and condition of the coins. And yes I'm a coin collector for 10 years now Smiley A good advice though do not let it go for too little. Looks like a nice collection.

Thanks for the input! 0.4 BTC was best offer so far but i'm glad you shed some light on the price.  I live in a small town and the coin dealers are Crooks and they know if you want to sell coins they have you in a corner.

My scanner is absolutely horrible But the again it was only like $39 lol.

No problem  Wink But you do not need to go to coin dealers. Just a numismatic group. that are people like you and me that collect coins. Some make a business of buying certain coins in bulk and selling them at far more reasonable prices to their members. they also value your collection for free Smiley Do you have a digital camera? then you can upload your pictures. I know its a pain.. done it myself many times before.

maybe some of these websites can help you a bit further determining the value:
http://numismatics.org/OnlineResources/Links
http://www.coinsheetlinks.com/clubs.htm

Sergios

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:22:53 PM

You should look up the coins because your collection could be worth more then 2btc Smiley What I just could see in my database here is that some of the coins you have here can vary from 5 dollars to 528 dollars and more.  Grin
Sergios

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:27:27 PM

I also suggest that you look to the prices of online shops. for example:
http://www.collectons.com/shop/cat/24/index/0/American-Coins-by-Date-US-Cents-1909-1958-Lincoln-Wheat-Cents
But condition is very important.
Sorry about posting so many messages. I'm doing 3 things at once... not a good thing to do but it has to be done hehe
Tinywings

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:18:59 PM

cool collection~~~Like it!
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:08:36 AM

Due to the huge drop in price of BTC i'm going to try and take advantage and see if i can get some Bitcoins before they rise. again.

thread is back open looking for offers.  Mtgox listed BTC at $506 at the time of this listing.

your using mtgox pirce to sell these coins?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: