Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:59:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: risk in hodling and trading strategy  (Read 26394 times)
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:59:50 AM

it seems that everything has a very high risk and terrible you but I think for new players better play long term by holding way to be more secure and not too dangerous. do not let you sell the coin you have at a cheap price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lushlifing

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:33:30 AM

Both are great investment,
In hodling you need to choose the right coin, so you need to do a detailed research first
In trading, easy to learn but hard to master
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:11:56 AM

it seems that everything has a very high risk and terrible you but I think for new players better play long term by holding way to be more secure and not too dangerous. do not let you sell the coin you have at a cheap price.
You know holding for the current short term seems like a bad plan. if you're not patient you might just make a loss. because the market is not friendly at this time. the price is more often red than green. but if you want to hold on for the long term maybe it's not a problem
Tytanowy Janusz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:06:38 AM

please note that investing in the world of crypto will give us the opportunity to gain enormous profits and success .
That only applies to market movers and a small number of people. Most people will never gain anything from crypto, especially not if you look at their long term results. It's all negative.

Don't forget that there where some people manage to book massive gains, there are a lot people directly losing significantly. Your gains are other people their losses, that's how this market works.

Short term mentality tends to work against you. I don't even think we can talk about trading or investing anymore with how people go nuts on everything. It's actually more like gambling.

This is true when we talk about closed group of investors. In crypto, during bull run, there are new investors everyday putting more and more money into market. So we can be is position when everyone has profit untill we begin to sell. Thats why we can say that we have profil only when we sold. Beeafore selling there are no winners and no loosers.
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:23:23 AM

Yeah I absolutely agree with your opinion that Hodler is more risky although is known as a risky but only for those who afraid to trade.
Hodler is risky because the more you hold it for long time the more you will temp to sell it and slowly secretly loss you profit.
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:34:22 PM

You are trading, juggling your coins between addresses and exchanges. You're risking compromising your keys, need to worry about the security of your computer, network, the exchange that you're using.

Hodler also need to worry about the security of his computer.

I had a bad experience hodling. Initially I used to research for good coins and hodled them till it doomed. Recently tried short term trade and good with it.
Lol, actually at some point we have all ended up having that bad experience but really you cannot blame anyone who is into holding because it is simply hard to understand the movement of the market if you are not a learned trader and you would not want to be gambling your position as that can actually give room for more mistakes and make you lose more.

This personally made me to go through serious trading lessons on my own and it took so much time to get it right and a whole lot worth it as it is far better than just holding through. Trends will always change in between, and it is best to always take advantage of those trend fluctuations.

Im sceptical to trends. Maybe becouse every asset i entered in uptrend it break it after few days to go to downtrend for weeks (my experience with trends U can have oposit). Trends are telling you that now we are moving up. But it dasnt tell you when it will change. And it can change everyday. Thats why i decidet to never invest only by trendlines. I rather try to find assets relatively cheap (if today something is cheap it dasnt mean that it is also cheap tommorow with the same price). For example if something was worth 100$ yesterday and 70$ today ill call it cheep. If price will stop at this price for next few days its normal price not cheap anymore. If it dasnt bounce perhaps it wont (very short term investments). For longterm investments i rather look for FA instead of TA.
Controllers should solve this problem because hackers are everywhere in the world and can hack your computer as well. If individually people get worry about their personal data then nobody will invest in online business. Crypto is online and we should be careful about our computer data and for that management can play vital role in this regard.

syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:56:01 AM

You are trading, juggling your coins between addresses and exchanges. You're risking compromising your keys, need to worry about the security of your computer, network, the exchange that you're using.

Hodler also need to worry about the security of his computer.

I had a bad experience hodling. Initially I used to research for good coins and hodled them till it doomed. Recently tried short term trade and good with it.
Lol, actually at some point we have all ended up having that bad experience but really you cannot blame anyone who is into holding because it is simply hard to understand the movement of the market if you are not a learned trader and you would not want to be gambling your position as that can actually give room for more mistakes and make you lose more.

This personally made me to go through serious trading lessons on my own and it took so much time to get it right and a whole lot worth it as it is far better than just holding through. Trends will always change in between, and it is best to always take advantage of those trend fluctuations.

Im sceptical to trends. Maybe becouse every asset i entered in uptrend it break it after few days to go to downtrend for weeks (my experience with trends U can have oposit). Trends are telling you that now we are moving up. But it dasnt tell you when it will change. And it can change everyday. Thats why i decidet to never invest only by trendlines. I rather try to find assets relatively cheap (if today something is cheap it dasnt mean that it is also cheap tommorow with the same price). For example if something was worth 100$ yesterday and 70$ today ill call it cheep. If price will stop at this price for next few days its normal price not cheap anymore. If it dasnt bounce perhaps it wont (very short term investments). For longterm investments i rather look for FA instead of TA.
Controllers should solve this problem because hackers are everywhere in the world and can hack your computer as well. If individually people get worry about their personal data then nobody will invest in online business. Crypto is online and we should be careful about our computer data and for that management can play vital role in this regard.

Scamming has been an issue since long but I think now it is almost solved, people are now fearless because of a lot of safe and secure wallets, being worry about data is quite natural but in crypto system I think we feel safe in this regard, bitcoin is un hack able so we can hold our bitcoin without being worry about rise, falls and those scamming, hacking because bitcoin has wallets we can use to get 100% secure investment.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:03:36 AM

Ive seen many times on this forum statements like:
"trading is risky, holding is safer"
"when you are hodling you are not making that much mistakes"
"in trading there are much more possibilities to loose money"
"if you would buy ether for 1$ look where you could be now"
"Hodler is not affected by whales making pump and dump"

Lets discuss then how does investing time goes with risk taken (lets discuss only about risk).

Hodler strategy risk:

Hodler is buying coins by fundamental (whitepaper, team, code, hype, being unique in specific segment) analysis for very long period. Hodling is a strategy very often sugested for newbies in cryptos (when you are newbie than buy good coins and sell on profit after years - I heard it thousands time). What can possibly go wrong?

1- whitepaper is just a document with words. It can be copierd and change a little. Faked. I can create myown whitepaper in which ill write that tommorow ill be on mt everest.
2-team can be faked with fake twitter account with bought fallowers
3- code - who of us can check if code is ok? How many of currencies have working code now? Most of them are just concept without working product jet.
4- hype can be bought.
5- beeing uniqe dasnt give you certainty of beeing uniqe forever. 1 month after your investment there can be new ICO with better team, bought hype and with working product delivered faster.
6- you are newbie and you did fundamential analys wrong or didnt do at all just jump after hype or because someone said that its great investment
7- there are 1600 coins. More than 1400 wont survive next few years because they are not neseesary. Your decision must be precised and full of luck

What if any of above will happend? Your investment will contiously goes to 0. And if you are hodler you will never sell until there will be nothing to sell. When you are buying with hodler strategy you are risking 100% of your investment. I dont think there is more risky way.

Trader

Good trader have loved coins that he checked fundametaly and trade on them. He is trying to buy low and sell high. When trade is not going how he planned it he sells. He dont w8 for coin to hit bottom to panic sell, he try to sell on the rise. His risk is set by him by stoplos which is set in his trading strategy.  And it depends on time period he is investing in and expected profits. He dont fallow pump and dump.

Time period:

When trader see good buy oportunity on 1d candles he has to set stoploss lower, he takes bigger risk then but possible profit is bigger.
When he see oportunity on 5 min candle he can set stoploss even 0,5% under buy point risking only 0,5% of his investment.

Trader is taking known risk each time he enters trade and this risk i related to expected profits. When trades are not going well he can stop trading, lock money into bitcoin or usd and change strategy. Hodler takes unknows risk - up to 100% - for unknown profit. With hope that his analysis was good and data wasnt faked. He also dont have chance to learn investing becouse after first buy decision there is only hodl

Yes I agree. I agree that to become trader  is more better and useful than holding it for long time. In Holder yes you have good analysis and good hopes for it but what if the coin you hold fails you? Right? In trading you earned money everyday or weekly not that a lot of money but atleast there are $700 weekly.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:02:42 PM

Lets discuss then how does investing time goes with risk taken (lets discuss only about risk).

Hodler strategy risk:

Hodler is buying coins by fundamental (whitepaper, team, code, hype, being unique in specific segment) analysis for very long period. Hodling is a strategy very often sugested for newbies in cryptos (when you are newbie than buy good coins and sell on profit after years - I heard it thousands time). What can possibly go wrong?

1- whitepaper is just a document with words. It can be copierd and change a little. Faked. I can create myown whitepaper in which ill write that tommorow ill be on mt everest.
3- code - who of us can check if code is ok? How many of currencies have working code now? Most of them are just concept without working product jet.
4- hype can be bought.
5- beeing uniqe dasnt give you certainty of beeing uniqe forever. 1 month after your investment there can be new ICO with better team, bought hype and with working product delivered faster.
6- you are newbie and you did fundamential analys wrong or didnt do at all just jump after hype or because someone said that its great investment
7- there are 1600 coins. More than 1400 wont survive next few years because they are not neseesary. Your decision must be precised and full of luck

What if any of above will happend? Your investment will contiously goes to 0. And if you are hodler you will never sell until there will be nothing to sell. When you are buying with hodler strategy you are risking 100% of your investment. I dont think there is more risky way.

Trader

Good trader have loved coins that he checked fundametaly and trade on them. He is trying to buy low and sell high. When trade is not going how he planned it he sells. He dont w8 for coin to hit bottom to panic sell, he try to sell on the rise. His risk is set by him by stoplos which is set in his trading strategy.  And it depends on time period he is investing in and expected profits. He dont fallow pump and dump.

Time period:

When trader see good buy oportunity on 1d candles he has to set stoploss lower, he takes bigger risk then but possible profit is bigger.
When he see oportunity on 5 min candle he can set stoploss even 0,5% under buy point risking only 0,5% of his investment.

Trader is taking known risk each time he enters trade and this risk i related to expected profits. When trades are not going well he can stop trading, lock money into bitcoin or usd and change strategy. Hodler takes unknows risk - up to 100% - for unknown profit. With hope that his analysis was good and data wasnt faked. He also dont have chance to learn investing becouse after first buy decision there is only hodl

Yes I agree. I agree that to become trader  is more better and useful than holding it for long time. In Holder yes you have good analysis and good hopes for it but what if the coin you hold fails you? Right? In trading you earned money everyday or weekly not that a lot of money but atleast there are $700 weekly.
I think there will be no risk if the person has a big patience. You are the only one who can make a risk in every step that we don such us trading and holding. Because if we are going to hold and we don't have patience maybe we can loss because we can't wait for the right time to sell. And if we are going to trade we can also loss an amount if we don't have patience and we trade with the wrong time.

bennie4

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:42:48 PM

Hodler strategy risk:

4- hype can be bought.

Trader

Time period:

I believe that at this time the market is very volatile, bitcoin prices are constantly falling and altcoin prices are dropping at bitcoin prices, so I think that at this point you should only trade short term by day and should not keep or invest any long term coin. The market is falling into crisis so long-term investment at this point only leads to losses.
Rocktop044

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:48:23 PM

I'm of the opinion that any thing cryptocurrency related has its fair share of risks.
And requires a bit of knowledge and research.
You don't just invest and throw the coins in your wallet to return in a few months or years and meet a fortune.
Not every coin turns out successful.
Hackers are constantly looking g for ways to snap up your coins.

Trading is also risky(believed to hold more risk even)
And promises faster profits if you know how to trade effectively.

Both strategies require skill, patience and capital.
katri

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:57:11 PM

I would always prefer to trade my token after it launce to the exchanges, holding and waiting is a good choice also but it was so very risky because if you hold a shitcoin you will end up losing it. It may become zero value in no time.. When i got the coin i see to it that my eyes on the marketplace if it was on upward trend i patiently waiting for a couple of days or even weeks before i trade my coin.
JimmieA

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:13:57 PM

I can understand that in a market, prices fluctuate, but at different times. And when you make multiple purchases to make a profit, your risk of losing money is greater than buying and holding, until the price increases enough to make a profit. However, this is not always the case.There will be times when prices fall deep and are unlikely to recover. To be successful all depends on your judgment.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

hatsoff2btc

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:09:09 AM

This is what I have been studying for such a long time. This long term planning actually keeps you safe from the fluctuation panic and enables you to have a sound portfolio that ultimately reaps good profit. The holding strategy can also be depicted in the same way which means you do not sell and hold and wait. At times, it might look irrational to hold onto your portfolio even the prices are falling but I believe the market is dynamic and It will recover.
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:22:27 AM

Basically I think the risk of holding and trading is the  individuals choice,if am holding a coin,i might decide to sell because I have seen a better opportunity else where I can make more profit,but may not panick when a dip comes,
CCF_news

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:30:04 AM

You seem to me not quite understand the meaning of the HODL strategy. If you keep coins in the long run it does not mean that you need to keep them if you understand that the company is not coping with its tasks. Tokens are held until the company develops and shows good results.
boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:39:56 AM

Basically I think the risk of holding and trading is the  individuals choice,if am holding a coin,i might decide to sell because I have seen a better opportunity else where I can make more profit,but may not panick when a dip comes,
holding without looking technical analisys or market condition make us trapped in down trend.we must use our analisys too while holding tokens or coins.not just holding back regardless of what is going on in the market.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:51:54 PM

Actually the only risk taht I see in holding the investment is easily accumulates unrealize loss in the market while the trading is the difficulty if possess which is challenge that you can face.
htconem7

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:31:03 PM

Hodler strategy risk:

4- hype can be bought.

Trader

Time period:

You can see that with a market that is in the downtrend phase, it is very difficult to trade successfully, especially if you hold the risk very high if the bitcoin falls sharply. It is possible that bitcoin prices will continue to fall from now until the end of 2018. The market at this time you should only trade short-term day to get immediate profits and not be affected too much from the reduced bitcoin prices.
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:27:53 PM

Trading is quicker to make a profit if you examine faster in market analysis, and hold more risk because the coins we hold can be delisted by Exchange.

But holding the famous Altcoin like Ethereum, TRON, Bitcoin Cash it can generate profits when Altcoins is up, because I'm sure Altcoin is ready to ride again when there is an event.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: