Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:52:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: risk in hodling and trading strategy  (Read 26394 times)
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:37:32 AM

I don't find anything risks in holding because if you don't panic for the market situations because there won't be any growth if there is no downfall in the market. For trading, we need to analyse ourselves before investing into any coin and price fluctuation are common.
if you haven't found it, then you don't pay enough attention to it. of course there is a risk of holding back. the coin that you hold can be stolen by hakcer. besides, I think you can also get a loss when you hold a coin and the price drops.
I think the risk is clear, that prices can go down very deep at any time, and of course the coins you hold don't necessarily have a beautiful future because everything is just a prediction and hasn't happened yet, I think you have to understand that risk before starting mate
All of our predictions can greatly affect many people around. I think we should only consider the form of reference because we cannot be sure what will happen in this market and any decision will affect your future.
Yeah it will have an effect because many users and investors are very easy to panic because of negative speculation,
and what I'm saying is that you dont have to panic easily, believe something that doesn't necessarily happen, just focus on what you hold dude
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:20:49 AM

Risks can be easily minimized, even if you choose to hold, you do not need to leave blindly for a few years, be sure to withdraw your invested money in the first place, trading can also give good results, it is better to choose medium-term signals
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:41:28 AM

I never anything risk with the holding, but through trading, it is very tough to make profits because the market situation keeps falling which it is impossible to guess the values. So holding is always the right choice if you don't panic about the market.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 03:50:58 AM

I never anything risk with the holding, but through trading, it is very tough to make profits because the market situation keeps falling which it is impossible to guess the values. So holding is always the right choice if you don't panic about the market.
Holding will always be the right choice of making profit in crypto currency trading or investment but there are some certain things (time to enter, exit and choosing the right coin) ones must keep in check in other to make profit and this are what make holding to be risk as was said by OP. However, making profit in terms of trading in this current market is also not tough if ones can also put in check the method I mentioned earlier.

wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 704

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:22:41 PM

There has been a significant amount of debate about which one is better, it is clear to me that if what you want is to get profits in the market and nothing else trading is by far the best choice but as we know the huge problem with trading is that it is very difficult to do it consistently and to earn profits with that strategy because everyone is looking for the very same thing so you are going to face huge adversaries in the form of whales and exchanges.

Holding is a strategy that is safer but unfortunately thanks to the volatility of the market you are going to see your profits evaporate very fast when we are in a bear market and you will need to have patience to wait for the recovery of the market.
gudfavourBTC

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:09:46 AM

Hodling is a great solution, but you do not need to get involved in it and you must set yourself the goal of making a profit in certain numbers to fix and cash out your investments
Risk in holding is just for the time being which means that you will lose some value but it could also be regained upon appreciation in the cryptocurrency market. Trade when the market is down gives away some permanent losses.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:28:26 PM

Risks can be easily minimized, even if you choose to hold, you do not need to leave blindly for a few years, be sure to withdraw your invested money in the first place, trading can also give good results, it is better to choose medium-term signals
What is medium term signals ?  Is it something which will be dealing for months not years ? Because you are recommending not to hold for years by forgetting how Mr Satoshi is doing right now.

I'm not finding any difficulties or any pitfalls in holding bitcoin for years blindly. How long you are able to hold will be the deciding factor how much returns you will be getting for your invested money. Please note I'm just talking about bitcoins and all with respect to bitcoin holding. Holding bitcoin for years must be an idea from Mr Satoshi, I'm not sure how many people are doing that but honestly I'm following that idea since 2013.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 09:19:23 PM

There has been a significant amount of debate about which one is better, it is clear to me that if what you want is to get profits in the market and nothing else trading is by far the best choice but as we know the huge problem with trading is that it is very difficult to do it consistently and to earn profits with that strategy because everyone is looking for the very same thing so you are going to face huge adversaries in the form of whales and exchanges.

Holding is a strategy that is safer but unfortunately thanks to the volatility of the market you are going to see your profits evaporate very fast when we are in a bear market and you will need to have patience to wait for the recovery of the market.

You're right because of the high volatility of crypto market and spending much time on trading was not a good idea cause it leads to alot of crypto trader loses. However, every business setting have it own time and season so the act of diversifying was the right way of making profit in crypto currency market.

Ally.campos

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:23:49 PM

The last 2 months, I have made over $60,000 from Bitcoin but my success never started that way as I had made substantial losses before my turning point in the Crypto space. I  bought 2Btc last year which quickly rose in the bull run but eventually lost most of it and sold off what was left. That was the last I would ever have to do with bitcoins until I was introduced to Mark Hall first of, he asked to know my trade experience. He then gave me a quick insight on what to look out for when choosing a platform and a bunch of other things most experienced traders may never tell you. Most importantly, he introduced me to his specially designed layout and provided me with professional advice and accurate trade signals. With his system, trading has become easy and profitable and I just want to spread the word and thereby help as many that are in my previous unfortunate situation. For all questions, you can reach by  (markhall279@gmail. com)
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:17:35 AM

Hodling is a great solution, but you do not need to get involved in it and you must set yourself the goal of making a profit in certain numbers to fix and cash out your investments
Risk in holding is just for the time being which means that you will lose some value but it could also be regained upon appreciation in the cryptocurrency market. Trade when the market is down gives away some permanent losses.

trading is different from selling therfor you didnt also loose when you trade no matter what is the condition of the market .  the risk are equally the same on both acts but the earnings are obviously different because trading is the only one that can give a fast and easy money while hodling on the other hand will only eat up your patience and time but cannot guarantee that your coins will grow fruitfull in the long run  .
onebtcforlife

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:23:08 AM

In every aspect of the investment, there is a huge risk involved in it and we need to face those things. Without taking risks, it is impossible to make money and in crypto, we need to face more risks because of the fluctuation and it is really impossible to predict when they start increasing when they drop.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:51:41 AM

Make no mistake, there are risks in both. Actually, both have advantages and disadvantages. However, both have different skill level needed, patience, hardwork, and so on. When it comes to HODLing, there is not much analyses needed as compared to active trading. HODLing is basically much better with long term. But then you will have to endure the painful sight everytime the market passes through the bear season. On the other hand, day trading involves a lot of strategies and techniques and analyses that you will actively make use of every single day.
Kahoy01

Activity: 481
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:12:22 PM

Holding will always be the right choice of making profit in crypto currency trading or investment but there are some certain things (time to enter, exit and choosing the right coin) ones must keep in check in other to make profit and this are what make holding to be risk as was said by OP. However, making profit in terms of trading in this current market is also not tough if ones can also put in check the method I mentioned earlier.
HODL is not always the right choice. It is only effective to the coins that have potential like bitcoins. Holding can lead you to loss if you do hodl to the coin that are worthless and doesn't have support from the cryptocurrency community.

Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:46:11 PM

I am in favor on your analysis, Hodler is more risky than trader, especially when you hold more of some Shitcoin bought in some ICO project... There is no chance of winning of them.. I prepared to trade all my ICO coins when hitted to market, that will lower the risk.. Trading is more on waiting and patience, plus the factor of a good timing!
Lol it depends on what coin you will be Hodling,because if we are talking about bitcoin here,for sure theres no lose in future,yes this mybe critical whenever the market is falling but we all knew that this coin can recover and more higher than what a previous value he has,but if we are talking shitcoin then stop expecting since for sure losing will face you in future
untugede

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:15:32 PM

indeed both have risks, but in my opinion if we hold coins that have potential in the future such as Bitcoin, one of them, I believe holding is certainly not too risky, for example we compare it to trade, because not everyone can trade well, and to do Crypto trading is also not easy because to be able to predict prices is certainly not an easy thing, so I think holding coins that have potential in the future is it not too risky.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
paxaway21

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 04:03:13 AM

trading in crypto is already risky for your money all of this strategy will have a plan to loss your money even your funds is big to start.
Yusuf77

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 06:03:37 AM

trading in crypto is already risky for your money all of this strategy will have a plan to loss your money even your funds is big to start.
not if you trade properly and correctly. patience, strategizing and finding opportunities will definitely not lose. The loss is only for people who are careless and greedy because their minds only get money without thinking of losing or not important selling.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 06:30:42 AM

not if you trade properly and correctly. patience, strategizing and finding opportunities will definitely not lose. The loss is only for people who are careless and greedy because their minds only get money without thinking of losing or not important selling.
well, the key to gaining profit is patience. however, it can sometimes be risky. it can be risky when we know that the price is already very high, but we still hold the coin in the long run in the hope that the price will be very high according to what we think. well, that is the risk of holding back, and I have felt it as early as 2018.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 07:56:13 AM

Yes of course if you just throw your money and if you didnt even learn about how to trade properly or any other knowledge about trading.
Even now , you dont even need to risk your money if you want to learn about trading, there are several paper / demo trading websites out there.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 09:19:27 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2018, 06:37:45 PM by jrrsparkles

Trading and holding are used for making money but different kind of people,when someone have money but want returns in the long run they will invest on the cryptos and hold longer but when people interested to make money always by buying and selling using the different tactics to get used to the condition.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀