Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: risk in hodling and trading strategy  (Read 26394 times)
apityeh71

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:11:53 PM

Hodling without any risk management  is very risky because just like current  situation all altcoin dumped hard more than 90%, alot of investor loss much money because just hold the coin without any management of risk and money.  Both way trading and hodl is good way to make huge profit in crypto  market  if we understand the trend of market and we have risk management. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:46:56 PM

Hodling without any risk management  is very risky because just like current  situation all altcoin dumped hard more than 90%, alot of investor loss much money because just hold the coin without any management of risk and money.  Both way trading and hodl is good way to make huge profit in crypto  market  if we understand the trend of market and we have risk management. 
Having knowledge of market trends will be very profitable for traders in the crypto currency market.
if they do not know the trends that occur in the market, they will only throw away their money because the price situation is very frequent.

arifteguhr

Activity: 1246
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 01:17:06 PM

Having knowledge of market trends will be very profitable for traders in the crypto currency market.
if they do not know the trends that occur in the market, they will only throw away their money because the price situation is very frequent.
because it becomes a good strategy and knowledge of market trends is very important for us going forward so that we quickly become successful when trading. because that is the key to its own success, so when your coins soar better sell immediately because it could be in a short time down

MOONBET[]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░         
[]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
[][]

> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
LOLpenguin
Copper Member

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

I like crypto podcasts...

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 01:25:11 PM

Hodling definitely has its risks. Starting from losing 90% of your wallets value in a bear market to losing your funds because of a scam or a hack. The last point is especially true if someone holds their tokens on an exchange or a mobile wallet that might not be the most legit one. You could even lose your funds from a trusted wallet if your devices get compromised by reckless behavior on the internet. It is essential to protect your devices and put the best security measures in place. Using hardware wallets or smartphones dedicated specially for cryptocurrencies, like the Wings WX smartphone by BitWings, greatly reduce the risk of losing your funds due to viruses or hackers. Stay safe out there!

◄◄◄ Love the Crypto and Blockchain Talk podcast - listen here: www.cryptoandblockchaintalk.com ►►►

◄◄◄ LOL, funny crypto cover - "That's Not My Coin" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcFrToY0Uw ►►►
WillyZ
Copper Member

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 01:30:07 PM

Hodling definitely has its risks. Starting from losing 90% of your wallets value in a bear market to losing your funds because of a scam or a hack. The last point is especially true if someone holds their tokens on an exchange or a mobile wallet that might not be the most legit one. You could even lose your funds from a trusted wallet if your devices get compromised by reckless behavior on the internet. It is essential to protect your devices and put the best security measures in place. Using hardware wallets or smartphones dedicated specially for cryptocurrencies, like the Wings WX smartphone by BitWings, greatly reduce the risk of losing your funds due to viruses or hackers. Stay safe out there!

True that! One of my pals recently lost his crypto from his mobile wallet due to a virus (he must have clicked the link to get his millions from that Nigerian prince or something). I found the article about the Wings WX on this forum yesterday, seems like a solid phone. Haven't seen such security features on a phone before. If anyone's interested, the thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5110359

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ www.crypto24radio.com ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
☀️☀️☀️ Best Crypto Radio out there - All crypto, all blockchain, all the time 24/7 ☀️☀️☀️
LOLpenguin
Copper Member

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

I like crypto podcasts...

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 01:31:35 PM

True that! One of my pals recently lost his crypto from his mobile wallet due to a virus (he must have clicked the link to get his millions from that Nigerian prince or something). I found the article about the Wings WX on this forum yesterday, seems like a solid phone. Haven't seen such security features on a phone before. If anyone's interested, the thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5110359

Yeah, discovered the phone from the same thread

◄◄◄ Love the Crypto and Blockchain Talk podcast - listen here: www.cryptoandblockchaintalk.com ►►►

◄◄◄ LOL, funny crypto cover - "That's Not My Coin" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcFrToY0Uw ►►►
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 01:52:43 PM

I can't hold anymore once the market get red it shown that all altcoins have a chance to decrease on their prices so for those holders make sure that they can take the risk of it.
You wont really have any choice but to hold up as long as you can but if emotions would set in then expect you would surely panic sell and dont minding if you do lose money due to selling cheap.
There would always be a risk on holding into something yet even btc wont really give you an assurance that it would able to recover its price in a short period of time.How much more on alts?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:09:36 PM

With holding the risk is very small, because all that required is keep our assets more secure. With holding patience is the must and it gives only long term profiting. With trading it isn't that easy to earn big, but it provides a much bigger earning compared to the one earned through holding. It requires better trading knowledge as well the mind to observe the market, because even a small variation needs to be used to profit.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:50:08 PM

I think now at this juncture it is wise to have multi pronged approach, bot for HOLDING and also TRADING coins. We need to make sure we are primed and ready for a bull run cycle and also day trade to take general profits along the way, so there is a balance. If you only day trade for instant small gains or hold coins and tokens only for long term hope of appreciation, then you might be losing out on potential upside gains along the way, both for the short term and the long term. We are making our way out of the bear cycle by doing both day trading and also long term holding so this way we can slowly grow again to the point when there is a next bull cycle , we can then hatch the golden eggs, but until then also be earning.
The problem with trying both strategies at the same time is that they are so different that people have a lot of problems adjusting their behaviour to each one, if you are a holder it is difficult to become to become a trader and get rid of your coins when there seems to be trouble and if you keep holding your coins for too long then you lose and when it comes to altcoins that is critical, you need to be able to get out of a bad position early or lose all your money.

And for traders it is difficult to become long term holders, they are used to the adrenaline of taking decisions every day and the monotony of doing nothing with your coins even if the price is going down is too difficult for them to endure.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 05:08:06 PM

With holding the risk is very small, because all that required is keep our assets more secure. With holding patience is the must and it gives only long term profiting. With trading it isn't that easy to earn big, but it provides a much bigger earning compared to the one earned through holding. It requires better trading knowledge as well the mind to observe the market, because even a small variation needs to be used to profit.
sometimes I don't think that holding coins in the long run has a low risk. sometimes I also feel that holding in the long run is risky. I felt it myself when I held a coin in 2018. Basically the strategy was needed to hold coins. You might be able to sell it when market conditions are not good.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 07:26:57 AM

Yup in such situation we will have to use our knowledge and our skills which can be use to make profit, having no knowledge but trading blindly is not good choice so before getting into trading try to improve your skills and your knowledge will be use while selling and buying for new investment, don’t forget to see price graph and market condition of your invested coin, I am holding bitcoin and holding is best choice ever.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 09:17:59 AM

Holding for a long period of time is also a big risk in trading while you are invested sell it quickly and make income and make again investment this strategy will be useful for most of the people then the long time holding will not be profitable.
So i think holding is better than trading now a day because as you are saying in trading you will be able to sell at anytime you see price is down but you really need fine information about treading you will have to be trading expert to have profit in day trading, holding will be good as you will not be worry about market price fall and decentralization.
I think it will depend on your point of view and the coins you buy, you can't determine holding better without seeing the coins you
bought? holding and trading can be profitable depending on the point of view of what you take
Congyang

Activity: 882
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 09:27:23 AM

Among the risk options to hold back and trade I am more agreeable if I don't hold too long. because this can affect assets. the best step is to hold hold and when the price is up for sale and otherwise it is traded.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:30:40 AM

I hope even though we sell them in the market we are going to get the same value, so instead of selling now, it is very good to hold them until the market starts recovering. In 2017, i have seen great impact of holding the coin because once the price starts increasing we might see huge growth in terms of price with our holdings.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:58:02 AM

This is the problem I want to mention. In the crypto market, or in our forum, there are usually many people who hold a hold for 2-3 years. I think it is the wrong investment path.
In a volatile market, we need to make use of it for surfing. Day trading is not much risky because we can place stop-loss orders.
for holders, they will die with altcoin and that is dangerous. We should rethink our strategy to reduce risk and make more profits.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
ajaymukund

Activity: 784

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 12:57:00 PM

all their judgments are wrong. That evidence is the collapse of crypto in 2018. Bitcoins fell from $ 20k to $ 3k3. And is that considered a good hold strategy? they were wrong!
Our market is always volatile and we need to be vigilant. We need stop-loss orders to prevent losses.
Hold will only make us lose everything or lose a lot.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Noa_Amable

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:25:38 PM

I am in favor on your analysis, Hodler is more risky than trader, especially when you hold more of some Shitcoin bought in some ICO project... There is no chance of winning of them.. I prepared to trade all my ICO coins when hitted to market, that will lower the risk.. Trading is more on waiting and patience, plus the factor of a good timing!

totally agreed. holding ICO tokens of a silent project is one-way-ticket...
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:28:47 PM

It is necessary to combine both of these directions, as it is necessary to closely monitor your portfolio, because there are cryptocurrencies that give growth for a week of 100% or more
Noa_Amable

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:31:55 PM

all their judgments are wrong. That evidence is the collapse of crypto in 2018. Bitcoins fell from $ 20k to $ 3k3. And is that considered a good hold strategy? they were wrong!
Our market is always volatile and we need to be vigilant. We need stop-loss orders to prevent losses.
Hold will only make us lose everything or lose a lot.

yup, holding is not that smart as it looks like.

regarding trading scheme:
I tried the following strategy: if 15 min time frame is of positive trend for 7-9 candles then I open Buy position and set TP at 100 pips (or 100 USD) and then close a position.

then I make the same thing but with 2x volume.
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:51:22 PM

There is some risk in holding too, but it is a lot safer than trading. In trading many people make mistakes, as not many of them are experienced and expert in technical analysis.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: