Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rigs often reboot  (Read 359 times)
Mathero11

Activity: 36
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:34:16 PM

lc power platinum series 1200w
6x RX 580s (185W x 6) is an overload for a 1,200W PSU.
Even though that model has 100A on its +12v rail, it is still at its peak with a 1110W load (only have 90W window).
Since you're mining Ethereum, it's alright to underclock to lower the power consumption, or use only 5 GPUs for now.

And this bugs me: "my friend has two rigs with 2 x 6 RX 580 sapphire nitro 8gb"
Two rigs with 2x6 RX580, means 12GPU in each rig? No, right? so 6GPUs each.

The error is pretty normal and shouldn't cause a reboot,
both of the rigs seems out of juice that can trigger a shutdown but your BIOS was set to restart whenever the system was abruptly powered down.

I have also 6x rx 580 running on a 1000W psu lol
now mining for 180h straight

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drale (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:15:19 PM

I have new information.

It is not problem with risers at all. When I unplug any GPU, rig works perfect. So rig works perfect with 5 GPUs.
Perhaps problem is with voltage or something else.

What should I do?
OhHaiAndy

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:59:30 PM

I have new information.

It is not problem with risers at all. When I unplug any GPU, rig works perfect. So rig works perfect with 5 GPUs.

What should I do?

Every time I have had issues like this it was due to using an insufficient PSU. You can get a very inexpsensive 500-750w PSU + a dual PSU connector and give that a shot. Likely will get you running.
drale (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:28:08 PM

I have new information.

What should I do?

Every time I have had issues like this it was due to using an insufficient PSU. You can get a very inexpsensive 500-750w PSU + a dual PSU connector and give that a shot. Likely will get you running.

Is it possible? Rig was working perfectly more than 6 months with same PSU. That PSU is on rig right now, no changes.
OhHaiAndy

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:39:35 PM

I have new information.

What should I do?

Is it possible? Rig was working perfectly more than 6 months with same PSU. That PSU is on rig right now, no changes.

If they are running at full power, then that's right at the max capacity for a 1200w PSU. If they are running at lower wattage, then it should be fine. Have you swapped the PSU out with another 1200w and tried that? I have had rigs with reboot issues because of insufficient PSUs and I've had reboot issues because the PSU was dying.

If the issue isn't the riser, but removing a GPU and it's load from the system makes the rig stable, it sounds like a power issue to me, but of course there are lots of possibilities and variables.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:52:08 AM

I have new information.

What should I do?

Well, Congrats, you already pointed out the culprit

what to do?

options:

Repair, Replace or Add

drale (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:30:27 AM

I have new information.

What should I do?

If they are running at full power, then that's right at the max capacity for a 1200w PSU. If they are running at lower wattage, then it should be fine. Have you swapped the PSU out with another 1200w and tried that? I have had rigs with reboot issues because of insufficient PSUs and I've had reboot issues because the PSU was dying.

If the issue isn't the riser, but removing a GPU and it's load from the system makes the rig stable, it sounds like a power issue to me, but of course there are lots of possibilities and variables.

Is there some software or some other way to test PSU?
honestinvestor

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:45:16 PM

The same problem, the whole point was redrawing the cards, so do not strangle them to the maximum!
drale (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:04:31 PM

The same problem, the whole point was redrawing the cards, so do not strangle them to the maximum!

How?

If you think about reducing memory clock, I tried it, same problem with often reboot.
Mohondoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:28:34 PM

The problem seem like at your windows system. Because your event log say "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local..." and "....this security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool", from that clue log it seems there are some activities that are not allowed by the windows system.
drale (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:22:05 PM

The problem seem like at your windows system. Because your event log say "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local..." and "....this security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool", from that clue log it seems there are some activities that are not allowed by the windows system.

I already uninstalled all updates, what I need to do now?
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:44:22 PM

I already uninstalled all updates, what I need to do now?
Removing updates won't help you. In such cases, I recommend that you reinstall the entire operating system. After the update, you cannot delete everything. I recommend that after reinstalling the operating system to install software that blocks the automatic updates.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: