Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:32:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506371 times)
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 05:56:13 PM

Just make a poll about accepting the code with block and without the block.  Grin Grin

It's quite simple, most of the trouble with this coin has been about the uncertainties around the pre-mine being under control of a single entity that is anonymous. The majority want's that uncertainty gone, no question about it.

We respect the position Balduro has taken and understand why he has withdrawn himself from this project to let the community take his place. The only action that I would personally hope to see from him is the proven destruction of the pre-mine as he himself described in his roadmap.

It will be his choice to either do that, or accept for us, the new DEV team to move on and finish his legacy.

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
French_Coin_Corporation

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 10:46:30 PM

Just make a poll about accepting the code with block and without the block.  Grin Grin

It's quite simple, most of the trouble with this coin has been about the uncertainties around the pre-mine being under control of a single entity that is anonymous. The majority want's that uncertainty gone, no question about it.

We respect the position Balduro has taken and understand why he has withdrawn himself from this project to let the community take his place. The only action that I would personally hope to see from him is the proven destruction of the pre-mine as he himself described in his roadmap.

It will be his choice to either do that, or accept for us, the new DEV team to move on and finish his legacy.

Ok i propose to him, give me the private keys of the pre-mining adresses and i will destroy its  Grin
BauldersGate

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:48:28 AM

Ok i propose to him, give me the private keys of the pre-mining adresses and i will destroy its  Grin

I also propose to give him 500 000 of the premine and destroy the rest if the decision has already been made, just to show gratitude for the clever idea he had.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 07:06:05 AM

I also propose to give him 500 000 of the premine and destroy the rest if the decision has already been made, just to show gratitude for the clever idea he had.

I would personally have no problem with that. But then again, he is capable of orchestrating such a bailout himself, by personally destroying all pre-mine addresses except for one...

soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:32:23 PM

I invested many BTCs (and still have a 5000+ buy offer pending) in part because there is a plan to get rid of premine.  Once done, its easier to move on, more attractive for investors (and we see that there is more and more people curious about Aurora). 

A skype group has been created and allow people to chat directly with devs (most are present in this thread, but I do prefer a direct chat), and It's very impressive how skilled and creative people that joined the group are.  No rule on the group - except respect of differences, ideas, etc.  So anyone interested to share ideas, help Aurora future, ask questions, etc, can ask and be added.  Trolls are not tolerated - will just kick them out - but we are lucky enought, no problem to date.

Enjoy !
llildur

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:12:18 AM

Another national project like AUR is SPA (Spaincoin) they just destroyed the premine coins that not has been claimed, i think has been a  good move because otherwise the people that receive those coins will dumped in the open market anyway, puting more downward presure on the market, someone claim that the vast majority of coins are held for foreing people, is very dobius, even if that was true, i dont see the problem, the people who claim coins always has a choice if sell or keep it, if the majority of icelandic people just dumped for profit (free money from heaven) they already has a benefit from it, the people who buy this coin and still have faith in this proyect islandic or not has the same right because this ownership came from his pockets, nobody gives it for free. So from my point of view the premine coins must be burned if Balduro already has resign to continue on board i don´t see why the comunity can´t do this and move along Wink  
baldur odinson

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:08:17 AM

Another national project like AUR is SPA (Spaincoin) they just destroyed the premine coins that not has been claimed, i think has been a  good move because otherwise the people that receive those coins will dumped in the open market anyway, puting more downward presure on the market, someone claim that the vast majority of coins are held for foreing people, is very dobius, even if that was true, i dont see the problem, the people who claim coins always has a choice if sell or keep it, if the majority of icelandic people just dumped for profit (free money from heaven) they already has a benefit from it, the people who buy this coin and still have faith in this proyect islandic or not has the same right because this ownership came from his pockets, nobody gives it for free. So from my point of view the premine coins must be burned if Balduro already has resign to continue on board i don´t see why the comunity can´t do this and move along Wink 

The majority of Icelanders have not been able to dump their coins for krona because there is no exchange to do this,  if any real dumping is going to happen it will be after the exchange is launched but I don't think dumping will happen
Skarfur

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:27:40 PM

Another national project like AUR is SPA (Spaincoin) they just destroyed the premine coins that not has been claimed, i think has been a  good move because otherwise the people that receive those coins will dumped in the open market anyway, puting more downward presure on the market, someone claim that the vast majority of coins are held for foreing people, is very dobius, even if that was true, i dont see the problem, the people who claim coins always has a choice if sell or keep it, if the majority of icelandic people just dumped for profit (free money from heaven) they already has a benefit from it, the people who buy this coin and still have faith in this proyect islandic or not has the same right because this ownership came from his pockets, nobody gives it for free. So from my point of view the premine coins must be burned if Balduro already has resign to continue on board i don´t see why the comunity can´t do this and move along Wink  

I do have one concern is that AUR is trading on hope that Icelanders would rather use this coin over bitcoin. The marketcap is quite high considering there is coins with half the marketcap and have android wallets and a lot of other features AUR don't have. I hold AUR so I want it to do well but there is a lot of catching up to do compared to other coins on the development front. I just hope the Icelandic people feel a sense of emotional attachment to this coin over bitcoin as that is the only advantage it actually has.

Actually you will see a lot of improvements on Auroracoin in the following weeks, including new wallets.

You forget the fact that Icelandic people can't buy Bitcoin that easily, while Auroracoin is widely distributed here. So very few Bitcons are and will be within peoples reach here for the next years.
razen489

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:34:16 PM

what direction AUR is taking now?
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:20:20 PM

I do have one concern is that AUR is trading on hope that Icelanders would rather use this coin over bitcoin. The marketcap is quite high considering there is coins with half the marketcap and have android wallets and a lot of other features AUR don't have. I hold AUR so I want it to do well but there is a lot of catching up to do compared to other coins on the development front. I just hope the Icelandic people feel a sense of emotional attachment to this coin over bitcoin as that is the only advantage it actually has.

Actually you will see a lot of improvements on Auroracoin in the following weeks, including new wallets.

You forget the fact that Icelandic people can't buy Bitcoin that easily, while Auroracoin is widely distributed here. So very few Bitcons are and will be within peoples reach here for the next years.

I will hold onto my AUR and sell to the Icelandic people at a fair price. I only have just under 40 000 but if they will be worth 1 USD each one day then I will sell them for sure.

This is not bad amount consider supply. I don't hold much more then you but also don't care if coin doesn't success but it will be good investment if success.
So dev team can take 10 years or leave coin it does not matter to me. It's all a gamble.

I also hope premine destroyed like promised, it makes all coins more valuable and your % you hold much more worth.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 06:38:52 PM

I will hold onto my AUR and sell to the Icelandic people at a fair price. I only have just under 40 000 but if they will be worth 1 USD each one day then I will sell them for sure.

This is not bad amount consider supply. I don't hold much more then you but also don't care if coin doesn't success but it will be good investment if success.
So dev team can take 10 years or leave coin it does not matter to me. It's all a gamble.

I also hope premine destroyed like promised, it makes all coins more valuable and your % you hold much more worth.

This is all about you being true speculators, which I understand perfectly well. And please don't take it as an offense, but to me the true value of this coin lies in the acceptance of it by the people of Iceland. If an entire nation eventually choses to use Auroracoin in their daily lives and trades, then your holdings become priceless!

I therefor applaud the generous offer made by Danslip to sell his holdings to the people of Iceland once we prove to be successful in our objectives.

KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:56:36 PM

This is all about you being true speculators, which I understand perfectly well. And please don't take it as an offense, but to me the true value of this coin lies in the acceptance of it by the people of Iceland. If an entire nation eventually choses to use Auroracoin in their daily lives and trades, then your holdings become priceless!

I therefor applaud the generous offer made by Danslip to sell his holdings to the people of Iceland once we prove to be successful in our objectives.
Start a new ANN, OP not updated in long.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 07:03:11 PM

Start a new ANN, OP not updated in long.

Just a little more patience, http://auroracoin.is  Wink

dinobotta

Activity: 248

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:18:26 PM

This is spot on, just like Satoshi said:

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:37:27 AM

Huh?

Auroracoin has an Android wallet, Windows, Mac and Linux wallets, a Chrome wallet extension, and a Twitter tipbot.

Shortly there will also be a localbitcoins-style exchange (skiptum.is - still testing), and an ISK/AUR exchange.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 07:05:35 PM

Huh?

Auroracoin has an Android wallet, Windows, Mac and Linux wallets, a Chrome wallet extension, and a Twitter tipbot.

Shortly there will also be a localbitcoins-style exchange (skiptum.is - still testing), and an ISK/AUR exchange.

There is a bit of fat built into the price because of future potential, if the coin was named something else with a 50% premine and catering for cryptos in general then it would not be near the current price for what it offers. Just saying but the fat built in is because Icelanders might accept this over bitcoin or use it to get into bitcoin. Buy AUR on exchange and sell for bitcoin. That would bring good value even if AUR is just used as a gateway to bitcoin.

The potential you are talking about here is way bigger than you think my friend! The potential of Auroracoin is about an entire, sovereign, country accepting cryptocurrency as a means of value and every day trade. If we can prove to the rest of the world it works in Iceland, it will become one of the greatest legacies in modern history! Right now over 10-20% of the people in Iceland are aware of Auroracoin and hold some in their wallets. Imagine if this percentage would be the case with BTC worldwide! And we are only just starting to get it going over there! Expect a lot of promotion and adoption shortly!

So the fat build into the price? It's not even as thick as the skin that covers the bones! Watch wat happens when we feed it!

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:34:02 AM

Does someone have a list of the premine addresses?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
rocanonz

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:45:04 AM

They are published on the first page of this AUR thread:

AJgZfkqagmjajiB5pbAuXfh7yG9M5iMY9v
APjdUEiCX2VfXRsh1BNRDXUbjMsTjXMyCT
AKcofzy2QjT6U3L2ekqyTrDuc3GS4tZR1e
AYJWvKESbRoRt8krm5bZNiVqc2DhPx5eBP
AVqRJTCPAR5hP1dbwhNcYX83UDiMFNi8pE
ATk5sZMnfUq6brhawaUvb2TUJ5JGBiT5UT
AdSJSDKvAkNLNXT6BgqgghkVm13UwuMFv6
ALbfJXCQZEvedBGg1J5a8hSga5aHcVh2WZ
AH4iAPn5Custyzm4tak6By2iyPmUARVF28
AFvV2BpTD5FGESFDww9dGHsHdpu1RDpryj
AVpwukHqGch8Wyyf1vxCD74UVfwwMSoE4u
ASJWxLQ7ZyJs3b6BnyyrFZbVKZCLGeqt4f
AYQwvfpHHZhKLHmCVnVd6H2PiKtbB5rsHU
AW9FLMGEz7Gfn4yVc2rUi1fdDi9Us36tYq
AXdiVGBWUtQbbXUHoKa6z3x3QMY79f6ZNR
APsjgVJPAtCorTjL2tLNB57RdCqKRJbKF6
AXif7x3dvukyVf8WnpiDrPTRmFzzpHJWbv
ARuirTGMuHcj5GgRgvHjJanrKjUwAujbPk
Aei22bhuXAJDuBtFt9o6Nx1QD2r73o7NcE
AL7nAQ8w88Hwff7uKSnThyhqgLCSxW9Zyv
AXkTQuECcpF7DoPzRhq8gyk6tyvnrEM8G8
rocanonz

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:11:27 AM

I was curious how many coins from premine addresses will be destroyed, so i did the math Cheesy
We are talking about 5.344.627 AUR coins.
This means that 15.655.373 AUR coins will ever be in circulation.

From the 12.026.563AUR generated coins until present time, 1.000.000AUR from premine was moved to a new address belonging to the Auroracoin Foundation.
Today the number of "owned" AUR coins are: 6.681.936AUR
But if we subtract the 1.000.000 AUR coins belonging to the Auroracoin Foundation the number of "owned" AUR coins today is: 5.681.936AUR
The number of coins that are going to be mined from now until the year 2140, when all the coins will be generated is 8.973.424AUR
Correct me if i'm wrong Smiley
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:58:47 PM

Anyone wanting to have a direct chat with Aurora guys - there is skype group - conversation are very constructive and enthousiastic (still realistic) and anyone can be invited.  Only rule is ''respect''.
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: