Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:03:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are BTC prices not moving ?  (Read 9657 times)
grahvity

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 11:08:06 PM

... as this zone will become a new base from which future rises can be measured against.

The same could be said for a resistance zone, no?

COINIGYProfessional Tools For Cryptocurrency Traders ◾️ The Rational Investor’s School For Trader Development
bugimen

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:23:44 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 01:17:28 AM by bugimen

I believe that next target point is 380-430 and do not going to pay for btc more than that.
Coins market is overbought right now and market realizing that fact sells coins, consequence of that we see now, and will see in the near future, price will fall proportionally of understanding overbought.
News will not be so big drivers, unless it's fundamental.

There is too much people who knows about crypto right now, and they want to be rich and become fast. Good fundamentals like recognition from government, feds seizure of accounts and imprisoning criminals who owned bitcoins is always good. For us it's always better if bad guys get arrested and coins become less (maybe just for some time). Therefore I do not believe that market will wait until "next wave" in the summer.
Accumulating news can be big catalyst in the future when we hit target point 380-430.
that's what i think.
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:12:52 AM

Of late BTC prices seem to have just been stuck ... why is it not moving up or down like earlier ?

Actually the price still move up and down. It is just less aggressive. I know because I am still making profit from trading.

I think people just get bored when there's not much activity. I must admit, it was more exciting when there's activity, but if you're looking for excitement from this I reckon you're in the wrong game, or will need a bit more patience.

I totally agreed with you. One of the key skill required for trading is patience.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:38:09 PM

goodbye bitcoin, goodbye my USD,

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:47:12 PM

Seems to quiet for me, I'd rather have it rising or falling.

how much do you have invested...if it is very little, then massive volatility is more exciting.   If you have a good amount invested, then slow steady growth is by far better than huge price swings
SheepOnDrugs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:23:47 PM

Quite a fair amount but since it's all just money to play around I don't mind.
HereComesTheSun

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:10:15 PM

I think everyone is waiting for news from china, russia and usa.. I'm waiting for it also!
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:29:05 PM

It is getting ridiculous, the price is moving sideways. This is very unusual for Bitcoin.
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:33:08 PM

I'm noticing a total silence on this threat from more experienced members. Probably because they have posted on threads like this so many times and they just keep coming up.

I'm new enough that I will take the time to comment.

Consolidation is right. Interesting chart that was posted. One thing that is interesting is lots of people have posted charts that are logarithmic in terms of the USD-BTC relationship, but few have posted charts that also take are logarithmic on the x axis, or in terms of time. This is my personal theory, and according to this assessment this sideways movement will lead to a slight gradual decline leading up to the next buying frenzy, which I think will be cause by the entry of a lunatic fringe of speculative buys in the financial sector. China is a possibility, as is the Chinese diaspora finding ways for mainland China to indirectly hold stakes in bitcoin. Same goes for the gold loving Indian diaspora.

Technical innovations in the remissions sector are another possible source of growth, as are more major retailers deciding to risk implementing bitcoin payment systems. The list goes on. It looks like most of the people posting here got in after the last rally. I got in on the previous rally and I remember feeling this way about 5 months ago. Come on people, is 6 months really too long to wait for a 500%+ return on investment? Only in bitcoin land... this really underscores the wisdom of the ol' watched pot that never boils...
anth0ny

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:26:01 AM

It is getting ridiculous, the price is moving sideways. This is very unusual for Bitcoin.

Should take off when Obama causes the US to default on the debt, right?
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:08:38 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 01:27:23 PM by EvilPanda

Since it has been speculative up until this point, it has been flat due to lack of major news
There were news, like 2 big online stores accepting btc, quite positive looking btc hearings, Chinese exchanges working out the money deposits.

yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:16:00 PM

Does it matter? I agree that it's quite a boring time for Bitcoin, but I'm sure we'll have a crazy ride at some point this year regardless.
pleiotropik

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:10:51 PM

Instead of looking at BTC in relation to USD you should look around and gaze upon the fiat massacre happening all over the world: argentinian peso sinking, venezuelans, ditto, turkish lira, etc. So if you're not an american and you are positioned in BTC you are quite comfy.

yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:06:29 PM

Instead of looking at BTC in relation to USD you should look around and gaze upon the fiat massacre happening all over the world: argentinian peso sinking, venezuelans, ditto, turkish lira, etc. So if you're not an american and you are positioned in BTC you are quite comfy.

Maybe one day we will peg fiat to Bitcoin lol. I wonder if we'll see Bitcoin being adopted more in some of these struggling economies?
thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:25:29 PM

Prices are not moving because 1.000 USD is a huge psychological resistance, that's it, it's purely pshychological.

If we shift the decimal point, say, 3 places, and make 1BTC = 0.800 USD, adoption would grow massively and possibly price too.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:12:23 AM

There was a few pretty large sell offs on bitstamp today.   Price is slowly recovering from that.   We seem to be holding firm still in the $780-$800 range.
frank754

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:45:39 AM

Is there a profit to be made selling them to local folks in person via localbitcoin, and then just buying more on coinbase? That would make sense too for a slow but sure income, since you can set your own price. If people actually would pay your rate and think they would gain by it in the long run.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:02:11 AM

Is there a profit to be made selling them to local folks in person via localbitcoin, and then just buying more on coinbase? That would make sense too for a slow but sure income, since you can set your own price. If people actually would pay your rate and think they would gain by it in the long run.

There is definitely profit if you can get someone to pay you significantly higher through localbitcoins than they price on coinbase.   Given the 1% fee at coinbase, and depending on how much you can get for a bitcoin at localcoinbase, it seems like a pretty big headache for very small margin...
anth0ny

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:19:19 AM

Depends a lot on where you live, and whether or not you want to comply with your governments' regulations.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:42:28 AM

The prices of bitcoin have been almost eerily stable the past week in my opinion.  Almost feels as though it is being artificially held there somehow.   It starts to move in either direction but quickly goes back almost to where it started.   I feel like something is going to happen over the next few weeks and we will see some big movement in prices (hopefully upward obviously)..
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: