Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:10:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch Plan w/ exact times, gonna be a wild week MEOW!  (Read 12880 times)
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:21:44 PM

As promised despite selling out a while back, I re-bought 5000 MEOW and went on a tipping spree on reddit. So far 3500 MEOW have been collected by people who I am sure have never heard of kittehcoin before, and several of whom I know to be big tipbot users themselves (in Bitcoin) so they are likely to re-tip.  The remaining 1500 are pending, probably by people who dont use reddit every day or are not yet able to figure out how to redeem the kittehcoin, or have no clue in general Smiley   About half a dozen people asked me for more info or followed up with a comment in other ways.  Most tips were an average of 200, if you tip 50 or 100 that's nice and all but it's such a small amount that very few people will bother to figure out how to redeem. I tipped about 1/3 in dogecoin subreddit, and that one got the most consistent response and redemption pattern (not surprisingly)

People sitting on millions of MEOW or more, if I can do this holding -zero- MEOW, you can sure do it too.  If you want your investment to be worth anything significant you should strongly consider it tipping at least 5000 MEOW total, and honestly since you got in so cheap you should do 10x more than that if you honestly want it to have an impact.

No MEOW tip, no moon trip.
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:36:11 PM

As promised despite selling out a while back, I re-bought 5000 MEOW and went on a tipping spree on reddit. So far 3500 MEOW have been collected by people who I am sure have never heard of kittehcoin before, and several of whom I know to be big tipbot users themselves (in Bitcoin) so they are likely to re-tip.  The remaining 1500 are pending, probably by people who dont use reddit every day or are not yet able to figure out how to redeem the kittehcoin, or have no clue in general Smiley   About half a dozen people asked me for more info or followed up with a comment in other ways.  Most tips were an average of 200, if you tip 50 or 100 that's nice and all but it's such a small amount that very few people will bother to figure out how to redeem. I tipped about 1/3 in dogecoin subreddit, and that one got the most consistent response and redemption pattern (not surprisingly)

People sitting on millions of MEOW or more, if I can do this holding -zero- MEOW, you can sure do it too.  If you want your investment to be worth anything significant you should strongly consider it tipping at least 5000 MEOW total, and honestly since you got in so cheap you should do 10x more than that if you honestly want it to have an impact.

I'll send you some meow if you tip out at least 50% of it. You can keep the rest for your effort Smiley

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:38:45 PM

Pity the Pool!  Kittehcoin (MEOW) Pool

- Solid servers, UPS/generator backups
- Redundant internet
- 0% fee
- All donations go to KittehCoin development

Running new wallet version 60401

http://meow.pitythepool.com

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:46:03 PM

I'll send you some meow if you tip out at least 50% of it. You can keep the rest for your effort Smiley

Likewise, if you enjoy the meow tipping thing, think theres an element of research for you, i will send you a load 2 tip, please provide address if your up 4 being the meow tipper

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
baruch9

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:54:40 PM

Since there is clear concern over kittehcoinpool.com let me say this one last thing just to clear the air:
  • The wallet is safe, only myself and Lonestar108 have access. Its just chilling at the moment.
  • Lonestar108 is committed to restoring the pool, even if its just to payout everyone then shut it down for good.
  • Lonestar108 is blocked by his hosting provider at the moment, and he is the best person to reach out to if you're looking for specifics/timelines
You'll get your coins. Now back to the relaunch!

Its better late than never, or in this particular case - much, much better. Been using that kittehcoinpool.com pool, lost a few coins, just moved to another pool, which still works, and forgot about the lost pool. AFAIK, there are no formal contracts/obligations with pools, only a good name, or a less good name.
So, it looks like an earlier admission of troubles with kittehcoinpool.com would have made more benefit than damage.
Have luck with the relaunch!
Honourablequest

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:01:50 PM

A bit of a cat fight going on here? Shocked

I just want to say that I've followed kittehcoin from the beginning and believe Danosphere  and lonestar108 are truly doing their best in an impossible situation.

Its not easy to launch a crypto coin and keep it going.

Hope it all works out and well-done so far guys. Wink

mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:07:15 PM

I'll tip out all of it, I don't really the money,  but I am very interested in seeing who does what with the tips, poster below this is quite correct on that note. Not using my own MEOW is sort of a conflict of interest but that's why I will tip 100%.  The only gray area is that I don't see how to recall tips that aren't redeemed so those seem to stay in limbo.  

MOONcoin's community has started throwing MOON around on reddit like there's no tomorrow, and coincidentally MOON has climbed back from the abyss of 6 satoshi up to 10 or 11 in just a few days (yes I am sure there are other factors like, 6 satoshi is damn cheap for any coin, but the curiously similar timing is there).  I am at work right now so I can't do much tipping for a few hours but I'll PM you my tipbot address and you can load it up with whatever you like.
helmet

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:08:41 PM

Since there is clear concern over kittehcoinpool.com let me say this one last thing just to clear the air:
  • The wallet is safe, only myself and Lonestar108 have access. Its just chilling at the moment.
  • Lonestar108 is committed to restoring the pool, even if its just to payout everyone then shut it down for good.
  • Lonestar108 is blocked by his hosting provider at the moment, and he is the best person to reach out to if you're looking for specifics/timelines
You'll get your coins. Now back to the relaunch!

Thanks for the clarification Dano!
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:11:44 PM

Excellent points here! :heads to reddit:  Smiley

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:14:54 PM

Pity the Pool!  Kittehcoin (MEOW) Pool

- Solid servers, UPS/generator backups
- Redundant internet
- 0% fee
- All donations go to KittehCoin development

Running new wallet version 60401

http://meow.pitythepool.com

ROCKSTAR. QT Wallets will be available later tonight with the relaunch but pool owners- everything you need is on github RIGHT MEOW, git to it!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:19:11 PM

I'll tip out all of it, I don't really the money,  but I am very interested in seeing who does what with the tips, poster below this is quite correct on that note. Not using my own MEOW is sort of a conflict of interest but that's why I will tip 100%.  The only gray area is that I don't see how to recall tips that aren't redeemed so those seem to stay in limbo.  

MOONcoin's community has started throwing MOON around on reddit like there's no tomorrow, and coincidentally MOON has climbed back from the abyss of 6 satoshi up to 10 or 11 in just a few days (yes I am sure there are other factors like, 6 satoshi is damn cheap for any coin, but the curiously similar timing is there).  I am at work right now so I can't do much tipping for a few hours but I'll PM you my tipbot address and you can load it up with whatever you like.

Please post your kittehtipbot wallet address and i will fund now

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
chocobo

Activity: 540

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:26:15 PM

Should I take my coins off coined up before the relaunch? Or will they be updating immediately?
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 09:36:14 PM

Should I take my coins off coined up before the relaunch? Or will they be updating immediately?

You don't need to worry, I don't know when they are upgrading their wallet but it should have ZERO impact on your coins. I have coins there too, so if they f* it up I'll know! I'm already mining at meow.pitythepool.com, v0.6.4.1 hell yea! Nice work Mortimer Wink

Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:42:25 PM

You don't need to worry, I don't know when they are upgrading their wallet but it should have ZERO impact on your coins. I have coins there too, so if they f* it up I'll know! I'm already mining at meow.pitythepool.com, v0.6.4.1 hell yea! Nice work Mortimer Wink

Thanks - just need more hashrate so I can actually find some blocks!  Smiley   http://meow.pitythepool.com
ebi

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:25:19 PM

Is it that hard to announce the hard fork block # ?
OR are we already living in a period which [crypto-]people are too dumb to understand that number, hence its not announced ?!  Huh

not bashin this, & i like this coin but one of the most valuable piece of information is missing from the announcement & nobody cared to ask. [LOL]

From pitythepool :
block 131,913 ?? Rly ?

~ peAce
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:27:51 PM

OR are we already living in a period which [crypto-]people are too dumb to understand that number, hence its not announced ?!  Huh

not bashin this, & i like this coin but one of the most valuable piece of information is missing from the announcement & nobody cared to ask. [LOL]

From pitythepool :
block 131,913 ?? Rly ?

~ peAce

We have not re-launched yet. patience Smiley
Inity

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:35:23 PM

From pitythepool :
block 131,913 ?? Rly ?

~ peAce

I'm sure it will  be mentioned in the actual Relaunch announcement.
BTW, in a flash the Net hashrate jumped to 12GH/s, now dropping a bit to 10
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:45:40 PM

hashco switched from meow to rpc, they have 2gh/s

https://hashco.ws/stats/
vaelrock

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:51:18 PM

I'm supporting Kittehcoin since the very beginning, but I fear that if the relaunch does not include a new diff retarget algorithm, we will have once again the same story of multipools switching on/off it and making this coin stuck in a high diff for multiple hours if not a days.
This didn't really happened yet because this coin is only listed on coinedup and hashcow "only" has 2GH/s. Once it will be listed on coinwarz and cryptsy/coinex, middlecoin will start to hit it, doubling or tripling the net hashrate easily, if not more.
Diff will then jump to something like 300 to 500 after only a few minutes, and then everybody will stop mining it, letting the coin stuck to this diff for maybe one full day (see the catcoin story).

Again, this didn't happen yet because kittehcoin is only listed on coinedup.
Even fedoracoin which didn't have this kind of problem on coinedup now has it, with a very short 10 blocks retarget diff.

The only thing that could avoid this problem without a proper diff retarget algo, is already having 20 or 30 GH/s on the network without major multipools, like what DOGE had 3 or 4 weeks ago.
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:02:14 PM

I'm supporting Kittehcoin since the very beginning, but I fear that if the relaunch does not include a new diff retarget algorithm, we will have once again the same story of multipools switching on/off it and making this coin stuck in a high diff for multiple hours if not a days.
This didn't really happened yet because this coin is only listed on coinedup and hashcow "only" has 2GH/s. Once it will be listed on coinwarz and cryptsy/coinex, middlecoin will start to hit it, doubling or tripling the net hashrate easily, if not more.
Diff will then jump to something like 300 to 500 after only a few minutes, and then everybody will stop mining it, letting the coin stuck to this diff for maybe one full day (see the catcoin story).

Again, this didn't happen yet because kittehcoin is only listed on coinedup.
Even fedoracoin which didn't have this kind of problem on coinedup now have them, with a very short 10 blocks retarget diff.

The only thing that could avoid this problem without a proper diff retarget algo, is already having 20 or 30 GH/s on the network without major multipools, like what DOGE had 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Highest I have seen for kitteh was 21 GH/s and it did not cause any problems. Just saying.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: