Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:31:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies?  (Read 21795 times)
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:45:55 AM

No. I don’t trust the project even if they will pay Silverstein Stallone or any big celebrity to endorse their project. I prefer referring to ANN thread always everytime I invest a certain coin or project and calibarate each veteran’s feedback regarding the project. Its because most celebrities being paid to endorse are ignorant about what they endorse, for love of money they  are just gonna accept the salary.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
RodefC

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:48:23 AM

I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.
They are getting paid to promote, i don't even believe with john mcafee when he was shilling for altcoin because he was getting paid up to $100k for each altcoin that used him to promote.
Remember myweather and how centra have already become a scam and all of the asset has been seized by US securities. It can be trusted.

Anyway, you can make lots of money on Mcaffee tweets...
I think you can listen to those who are in top of crypto guru, it's risky, but it can be really profitable because lots of people listen to them...and you just need to buy deep and sell high, without thinking about the project itself. Look at XVG and Docademic
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:52:23 AM

No. Most of those celebs have no clue what they are talking about, also these folks would probably endorse Adolf Hitler himself if they get paid enough (in fiat) and can get 15 more minutes media coverage :/. Anyway,they are the products of the "old fiat world" so why their endorsement would count in the "new crypto world" Smiley?
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:56:27 AM

Why would you? Its just advertisement. Unless there are going to be advertisements on tv of them endorsing any particular crypto(which will bring great deal of hype to that one coin), I would not buy anything that I fell has the potential of growth. BTW, paris hilton has been in crypto for longer than most of us have been and may be knowing great deal about crypto!

Captainluffy24

Activity: 197

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:02:50 AM

There are two points for me, yes there is a high chance that it would work because many will believe on their idols. However, it could also be a risk because they know nothing and is just endorsing because of payment
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:04:18 AM

Celebrities get the needed publicity and that is mostly the extent of their presence. Unless the celebrity is one with the technical know-how, then again with the volatile state of crypto, it is still hard for anyone to predict anything with certainty. So trust just does not factor into any endorsements.
hermoine

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 12:38:49 PM

I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.
I think so, because celebrities are really influential nowadays and they can encourage others to join the cryptocurrency, it is just that the government might not approve it.
_Mikasa_

Activity: 234
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:57:22 PM

I don't trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrency because they are just probably used by the company just to gain more people to join crypto. They may have just endorse it but never know a thing about it or wouldn't have ever joined. They are just there to make more people especially those who follow or adore them join crypto even if they are not interested in it at the first place. But it would also be a good thing for some people who would actually look and search about crypto.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:21:08 PM

I won’t buy a coin just because celebrities endorse the project. The business model, real use case and etc are more important for me to make investment decision.

But of course I won’t mind the free advertising of celebrities in those coins I have decided to invest.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:23:40 PM

No, they are paid to do that, I trust cryptocurrency with real project and usage not just a pump and dump coin endorsed by celebrities, we must trust our judgement and criteria when choosing the right coin to invest and trust, it's our money anyway not their's.
Panna1981

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:26:13 PM

I wouldn't buy a coin because a celebrity is endorsing it, as I wouldn't buy any other commercial product because of that. Simply because most of the times you don't know if they get paid or not. Either way it does help the coin or product if a celebrity endorses a product since people always want to identify themselves with celebrities.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:28:29 PM

Actually it is not about trusting the endorsement that the celebrity is given, it is the effort and ingenuity of the marketing effort of the team behind the coin that should be applauded!
gegewojinnian18

Activity: 385
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:30:09 PM

Everyone has different views on the cryptocurrency market. There are accusations that tokens are bubbles, and that tokens are the future development trend! I think these people's views can only be part of my reference investment! I do not fully believe what they say!

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:32:50 PM

We no need to trust the celebrities,just trust technology of the coin which you want to invest.If you are asking for this to invest on new ICO I will say don't invest on it because they also get hired to say like these so they don't know what is that they will repeat what the ICO team has scripted.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:42:40 PM

Nope. The stuffs they endorse, oftentimes, are paid advertisements. But chances are some people can be persuaded by celebrities which can lead to the probability that the coin being endorsed can potentially grow. But, I wouldn't let the this narrow stuff be my basis for choosing coins. There are so much more to consider.

KP Oli

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:46:07 PM

There's no trust involved but celebrities endorsed coins get a lot of attention and the project would have paid a hefty amount for the celebrities to endorse that makes us think that the project whether good or bad has a good spending capacity and has a mega plan on mind.
boraf

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:48:42 PM

Actually I don't see strong correlation between community confidence and celebs promoting projects. The real investors read white pappers and analyze projects before they risk money, starts do not attract them.
alkhie01

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:51:34 PM

Celebrities are paid to act and promote that’s their job, but it’s doesn’t mean they are really into that specific altcoin that they’re promoting. And it’s not the right basis for us to choose which altcoins we need to trust, still the important thing to see is their platform / Whitepaper. Although celebrities help to catch people eyes in the market but as I have said don’t just trust with it.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:55:18 PM

No, I won’t invest in a project just because celebrity. It seems like traditional advertising to attract investors. There were this ICO project endorsed by celebrities which turn out to be scam. This is disappointing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Beabtc11

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:02:06 PM

Celebrities are very influencial in endorsing any projects. Cryptocurrency using celebrity is not essential.  Celebrity paid high price, the crypto market might be affected. The volatility of the cryptocurrencies market has nothing to do with the celebrities endorsement. It's better this way, any bounty campaignso for advertising coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: