Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:18:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies?  (Read 21796 times)
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:21:54 PM

In cryptocurrency you need to trust only yourself and your intuition.I think everyone knows what this is.
Ayuluv2001

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:30:30 PM

This is called influence marketing and you should not rely on them.

They are paid in a certain way to endorse for the particular product or brand and it might not be as good as it seems.

Do your own research or try to know the team and speak to them. From there you can find out more stuff.

Alot of ICO has fantastic marketing but ultimately, it sucks
restumaulana

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:31:45 PM

Not all, I believe in the goals they want to achieve, through the vision of their mission and the product they want to create, endorse only parts of marketing and not 100% specify

404edson

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:57:23 PM

I don't trust any celebrities because mostly of their endorsed project are not really so it means they are only desperate for the money paid by the management of the project. But I believed in some big investors (Big Whales) because they are literally can affect the market behaviors upon on their decisions.
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:06:01 PM

All these promotions and endorsement of cryptocurrencies by celebrities are just public stunts to hype a particular coin of course I don't see any reason why such a coin will pump because I cannot be influenced by a so called popular celebrity in a crypto that has no future potential.
flowdon

Activity: 340
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:06:32 PM

for me the biggest trust is trust with your self. better to know the project first before investing for it. investigates for there products if it is an useful project for every person. celebrity endorser can also pull investors to invest with that project. but still it is better that you are the one will choose the said campaign

idioma1

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:12:44 PM

Usually, it is a paid advertisement. It is just a way how  crypto company promotes their coins. believe yourself and deeply research the project
emmaong12

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:27:54 PM

No, why would you? I don't trust Christiano Ronaldo advertising Herbalife either lol.
PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 04:34:18 PM

I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.
No , I do not trust celebrities, a lot of Scam projects were from celebrities and so I bypass such projects .

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:44:10 PM

If they talk about crypto based on facts this certainly is good. but most celebrities are just paid to introduce products in order to look nice and attractive. to better analyze its own crypto and see for yourself than to rely on and trust what other people are saying.
choice84

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:54:00 PM

Nope, I trust only myself when decide to invest funds. Everybody wants to earn money and celebrities do the same. They can get paid to promote coins (projects). But you can use information from celebrities and make your own research.
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:58:09 PM

I never trusted the media. Their profession is to deceive people. When actors play in a mafia boss movie do you believe them? How do commercials with their participation differ from movies? Moreover, many manufacturers are trying to sell us a product of poor quality using their popularity. Which of the actors has an economic education?Nobody! How can they advertise cryptocurrency?

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:59:51 PM

Recently it became common to invite celebrities for the ICO advertizing. Besides, they invite the famous athletes, singers, actors who are far away from a blockchain culture. A vivid example it is the advertizing campaign of Stox with Floyd Mayweather. Moreover, after ICO the price of a token has fallen already by 4 times.
littlebill16

Activity: 160
Merit: 12

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:33:51 AM

It depends on who the celebrity is and what they are standing for. I'm sure they will have an influence over their fans. If those people are looking up to a person they admire and respect then they will also want to take part in whatever the celebrity is promoting. This could be bad or good for the economy of cryptocurrency if more and more people are joining in and investing in the market.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░               UBEX               ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░               Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange               ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░        • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github        ░███▓
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:07:33 AM

We all know that the only claim of celebrities was the money in Exchange for their endorsement, so I don't believe in them and especially cryptocurrency was talking to, I believe and 101% convincing if the endorser was a well-known politician and involved in this kind of business.
kenborbs

Activity: 154

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 08:29:54 AM

I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.

In my country, I never trust celebrities when it comes to endorsing the product, I have seen a celebrity endorsing a local brand phone in the Philippines and when I saw her in personal she was using competitors phone different from what she is actually endorsing. This means, do not trust celebrity when it comes to this, its all about money that is why they are endoring them. Always focus on the products which they were endorsing not the celebrity itself.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
shiningstar

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:38:59 AM

If i see some project using celebrities to endorse their project then i will switch my strategy to be short term because they will make a short term pump for sure and i will use that opportunity to sell my token after that i will wait a few weeks before buying back again when the price is lower. I like it because i can earn money in short term.

SID_Frinwo

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:43:39 AM

I think that in the most of the occasions is pure advertisement and the celebrities are not really engaged with the coin they are promoting.
 Now is a different thing if they get paid with the actual altcoin. That means that they are promoting something they believe in.
annango

Activity: 361
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:23:47 PM

Indeed, it’s not a good idea to trust on celebrities endorsing at all, because you know that it’s just advertisement, and definitely they’re just capitalizing on it to get paid  from endorsing cryptocurrencies,  even they may get a big income from people as well. To say clearly, probably they don’t know about what they are mentioning about. In fact, we can say it’s such a track  to attract people, then they can get a great paid. In short, you’d better to get away from them. Just believe in your observation and then investing by yourself.
number37

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:42:30 AM

No, of course, I don't. This is just a marketing move. In the long run, such things create the scammy reputation for crypto and general.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: