Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:48:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies?  (Read 21795 times)
Ulya63

Activity: 420
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:11:06 AM

Why should they trust them to do everything for the sake of money. If a person has more money, the more he wants. Last year many celebrities advertised scam projects or they knew what was going on. You should always entrust the current to yourself and develop the skills of analyzing a project in the ico stage and only then decide whether to invest or not. Sometimes you need to take risks then learn from your mistakes.
gikere

Activity: 171
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:21:46 AM

I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.
Not really much since if it were about cryptocurrencies, I'm sure that celebrities don't know much than an average joe.
Revvo1

Activity: 272
Merit: 1

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:30:16 AM

It's an advertisement.
The celebrities gets paid to endorse and that does not reflect the personal involvement of them in the project.
Though you can deduct that any Cryptocurrency capable of paying celebrities to endorse are either a big project or a huge scam.
Smaller scams and smaller projects can't afford it.

I agree to this and will also like to say that we should give much importance and esteem to all this celebrities sayings and prediction about crypto. I think it's better to just allow things happen in their natural way.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
Rockkey

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:39:11 AM

Usually celebrities are not very smart. Especially when it comes to athletes. They are used as media people in order to attract attention. And when they are no longer needed - their services are refused and then the price of the token goes to hell.
NotFoundGlobal

Activity: 314

I'm not investor

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:49:41 AM

LOL. Don't trust celebrities, maybe some people are thinking celebrities are whales so a few crypto users want get profit too.
Any way just don't trust celebrities, if you don't understand technical analysis you can join whales party (pump) like John McAfee (old), or people have knowledge about cryptocurrency and blockchain

]
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:04:50 PM

I think one celebrity who endorse one cryptocurrency maybe classified as one form of advertisement. But let us be realistic on this aspect, celebrity really have an impact when they endorse one thing especially when this celebrity is respected and well-known. The credibility of the celebrity also has a great impact on users as well as for the investors. As for me, I will do my own research for that cryptocurrency before I will be supporting or investing it.
darktt

Activity: 269

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:09:38 PM

I do not trust anyone for sure, celebrities it's just a faces for advertisement, also I saw a lot of ICO's wich was promoted by celebrities and it was failed. However sometimes the situation can be absolutely opposite, but I prefer think my own head.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:10:13 PM

No, I am very sad and suspicious of projects that are advertised, because as we all understand, advertising is needed for projects that cannot be sold normally, so you need to look for projects about which you can not hear anything.
clasico

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:22:24 PM

If it's paid endorsment. For what you must trust? *Think again*
If it's transparent endorsment or something to help other people reached community goal i think it's ok

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 Global Sharing App / RENTO / Share, Rent, Profit - Everything You want 🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
Website
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:30:20 PM

I want to hear other people's opinion if you would trust celebrities endorsing cryptocurrencies.
I have never seen celebrities who support crypto.

But if there really are celebrities who support crypto it is positive news that it will invite all investors to continue to join together with celebrities who joined in developing Crypto.

I agree if celebrities are involved in building and developing and promoting crypto forever.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:48:45 PM

Do you follow the steps of the world's biggest celebrities? I doubt that. They live in a bubble away from ordinary people and they can actually do whatever they want as bad publicity is still the publicity. Same applies for crypto: they can actually hurt it. Imagine a normal folk that would like to invest his money into the project that some celebrity from totally different space supports and he loses his money. He will blame crypto and will never want to use it again! "Slowly, but steady" is the motto that should be applied by everyone if we want a strong, healthy and growing market  Smiley.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
turbanto

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:25:03 PM

I don't trust celebrities who support cryptocurrency because their statements are not justified
cryptokingKG

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

Bitsler.com

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 11:36:55 PM

Celebrities Endorsing cryptocurrencies does not influence me that much as they are being paid for that campaign or ad and that might not be their own opinion & can be truly biased. Not only crypto products but any products which celebrities endorse we can't trust blindly. Your research is necessary.

dobladi

Activity: 345

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:39:50 PM

Not the celebrities but the projects and cryptos that they are promoting because their popularity would more likely to influence the propularity of those cryptos. Popularity is an important factor for the development of the market value of a cryptos as well as development of the projects. One good example is the coin whihch was promoted by Mayweather early this year which made it successful before.

fitzzz

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:44:46 PM

Endosement of public figure or celebrity gives hype to cryptocurrency and give big impact bad or good news. In reality it gives life to the market and traders will be happy on that. Many stating that they will not follow the endorsement of a certain celebrity but if the mass follow them, boom you will freaking FOMO. And its in the nature of people, we are always following the herd.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:48:13 PM

as plenty of people has said, it's only for promotion - the celebrity gains from it, those behind the crypto gains from it, and the people take the fall.
one has to be very stupid to buy something because some celebrity - especially if it's some "current times" idol, and not someone who's even into technology!

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:49:24 PM

I'm not trusting a project that was endorse by to celebrity they are just like endorsing product like on a television and some of them was not effective, if they endorse the product meaning that they are not involve on that think of it was is the knowledge of the celebrity on the product that they are endorsing it they are just paid and all they gonna say was scripted.
Oppang Inamo

Activity: 290

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:52:57 PM

Never ever trust a celebrity's endorsement in cryptocurrency or in an ICO project. It all depends on the platform if it will be supported not just by that celebrity and that celebrity do also not invest a huge part for a certain project. They even gain income promoting an ICO, hence having the fact that it is just part of their job and we are like them promoting projects through their campaigns and still fail.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:55:55 PM

I have seen a lot of projects used fake identities of celebrities and telling investors that their projects are endorsed by celebrities. This is what i term a s impersonation. So do not fall victim. Make sure you do your own research.
olsyd

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:59:12 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2018, 12:16:10 AM by olsyd

I don't trust such a type of advertisement. In my opinion, cryptocurrencies market is very young for such an advertisement, there are a lot of scams, weak projects and so on and celebrities can attract a lot of attention and money to such a project
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: