Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:20:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold & Silver are safe than bank deposits ??  (Read 19209 times)
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:19:32 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2018, 07:12:57 AM by First77

I think now fixed deposit interest rates are less than 5% p.a in USA and Europe. In India fixed deposit rates are 6.5%.

Gold and Silver gives average profit of 8% to 12% per year. Silver will most likely give 20% to 30% profit each year from here on to reach $60/ounce.

Example:

Profit for gold and silver for year 2016 is 12%.

Profit for gold and silver for year 2017 is 0%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2018 is 8%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2019 is 16%

So average profit for 4 years is +9%

How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
buidinh1803

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 05:34:01 AM

Yes,  while many people assume their assets are protected, there have been historical instances where governments have seized citizen property stored in banks.
orayorayan2

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:57:19 AM

when investing in the bank and usually in the form of money and money from time to time of course will be less in value. perhaps in my opinion it would be more profitable to make gold or silver as an investment. because its exchange rate has never decreased
eekkaa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:46:08 AM

I would rather deposit to gold and silver than give the money I have in the bank because in the bank my money will definitely be used for other purposes so it makes my money unsafe.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:58:31 AM

Deposit interest rates from any banking institutions are drastically low.
How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??
It is safer than money bank deposit, look at your example it wasn't affected by the yearly inflation so it's safer to get into this deposit.

I would rather deposit to gold and silver than give the money I have in the bank because in the bank my money will definitely be used for other purposes so it makes my money unsafe.
This is another thing, the banks are making money with your money while you are only given cents of their profits. I removed most of my deposits on the banks and I have choice between crypto's and gold assets but I chose to have bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:03:05 AM

I disagree, as the fact that they went up in the past few days don't really say that they have a linear way up or promises that they will go up in the future.

They defiently can bring you more interest then just storing your funds in the bank, but everything that might give you a higher interest also involves a higher risk, nothing really promises you that people won't find any new way to produce gold in the future which is going to make gold worthless and also your investment.
Also, storing the gold and silver in your house may require you to hold a vault and also involves risk of getting your funds stolen by breaking your house.
gussupri

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:16:46 AM

I think now fixed deposit interest rates are less than 5% p.a in USA and Europe. In India fixed deposit rates are 6.5%.

Gold and Silver gives average profit of 8% to 12% per year. Silver will most likely give 20% to 30% profit each year from here on to reach $60/ounce.

Example:

Profit for gold and silver for year 2016 is 12%.

Profit for gold and silver for year 2017 is 0%

So average profit for 4 years is +9%

if you trade gold and silver, maybe return of your invesment can be more of that.but risk appear then.if we just hold gold, its return smalleer , but risk involve small too.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:35:53 AM

I believe, that given the instability of the dollar and the euro, gold and silver remain the most reliable targets for investment. Deposits in gold and silver are also made because many people do not trust banks, are not sure of their reliability and security. The main advantage of gold bars in front of bank deposits is their reliability.
nickwen

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:39:09 AM

Gold is a very valuable asset. They say gold is like electronic money, but the speed of gold is slower than electronic money. But investing in gold is a safe investment
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:42:02 AM

I also think gold and silver will be safer than depositing money into banks. Gold and silver are commodities that will rise in price in the future. Sometimes banks may go bankrupt, but gold and silver will never lose its value

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:59:34 AM

Keeping our assets at risk is one of the risks, we do not know what is safer, even if we hold it in our hands, it will not be safe. Can buy gold, silver or deposit into the bank they all have their own advantages

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:03:38 AM

just because you bought silver for some reason that is beyond me, that doesn't mean it is always a good investment which everyone should make.

gold is a bit different. it is a well known store of value but silver is like the other option that you go to if you don't want to buy gold or if you want to trade it to make some profit during rallies. otherwise it is not a wise investment at all.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:05:23 AM

I also think gold and silver will be safer than depositing money into banks. Gold and silver are commodities that will rise in price in the future. Sometimes banks may go bankrupt, but gold and silver will never lose its value

Even if banks go bankrupt then their is government who have to bailout them because they are coming in regulation to government. But still i think god and silver investment wont give much returns then if you take risk and invest in cryptocurrency.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:09:41 AM

I wonder how you got the profit numbers for 2018 & 2019? Isn't this calculated at the end of each year based on the price fluctuations of these commodities? 

The thing about gold/silver is that it's not as easy to sell at a good price as you may think. Moreover the commissions for exchanging these are usually higher than you would expect.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:10:58 AM

gold, and silver is better if the store in the form of long-term investment. only today, people prefer to do practical things in comparison to the less difficult ones. for me the deposit on the bank becomes easier than gold and silver.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:14:31 AM

What is safer?? Of course banks deposits that is obvious because of insurance policies,, but what profits more is Gold and Silver and that’s way far to compare.. Then what the used of keeping 100% safe your money in banks when you can’t have the assurance to gain from it,, but the bank officials will be the one have much bigger interest by investing it..

Our banking institutions is corrupted legally and the only choice we have to avoid them is don’t used them..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:24:25 AM
Merited by tosmartak (2), vapourminer (1)

Everyone for sure knows gold has been a better store of value over the years and that makes it a very valuable asset to hold and cannot be compared to banks deposits which sucks big time. In the literal sense, safety has to do with each individual but if you are referring to the value itself in terms of not getting crushed by inflation or something, I am sure you should know the better answer to that already as fiat has been the worst to hold on to ever.

With respect to gold and silver, and when it comes to risk, according to an article I read recently, silver's volatility is 70% higher than gold, so if you are looking for high risk adjusted returns, silver actually makes the top list, but like I said; high risk compared to gold which is at least consistent in value with lower risk. Therefore, the choice is always in each investor's hands. You are safer with gold at the long run anyway.
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:56:09 AM

Gold and silver cannot be safe.. Even Platinum. Bitcoin can be yours if you trust it

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:00:05 AM

Oh please, almost any other investment option is way better than banking. I mean banks could just give you barely 1% per annum and that's very generous. Of course the interest you would get will also have to be taxed so that's lower still. Bottom line, don't trust banks with your money.

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:11:15 AM

I wouldn't agree to this you know , there are banks who have high interest rates too for example the digibank .
Yes gold and silver are excellent investments but you know there is always a problem , I think the reason they're very valuable is because they are only very few of those Noble metals in the periodic table, if someday another Noble metal more beautiful than gold and silver is discovered , which is highly likely they will probably loose their value as a whole.
Because we are discovering new things everyday I won't think we won't discover other metals like we discovered platinum but it's quantity was though low, but it doesn't nullifies the possibilities of discovering something big in the future with abundant ores.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: