Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:13:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold & Silver are safe than bank deposits ??  (Read 19209 times)
NewRanger

Activity: 1582
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 09:05:04 AM

investing in bank deposits is safer because there is insurance that guarantees if something happens to our assets in my country Indonesia is OJK (financial services authority) where all financial activities in my country are monitored and protected by the agency, its different thing if we buy gold or silver there is no institution that guarantees the security of our property
although it guaranted by financial service authority, it has limit too.but atleast we are safe while our asset guaranted especially from our goverment.i can't imagine if our bitcoin asset guaranted too.
martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:49:07 AM

For now as far as I know I can say that in my particular country and gold and silver Investments were worthy,  because the price of gold and silver were continuously growing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:01:22 PM

of course. To me, gold and silver are extremely safe assets. But banks sometimes face a lot of risks if we send money to banks. I have seen some banks declare bankruptcy and they do not pay any money for everyone

Money deposits in banks of account holders are issured by central banks/government. That is the least they can do when banks are paying 5% to 6% interest p.a.
roccobull

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:45:49 PM

Note: If you like my topics/threads and posts give me "+merits". See on the right side of each post (top right corner) there is "+Merits"

I think now fixed deposit interest rates are less than 5% p.a in USA and Europe. In India fixed deposit rates are 6.5%.

Gold and Silver gives average profit of 8% to 12% per year. Silver will most likely give 20% to 30% profit each year from here on to reach $60/ounce.

Example:

Profit for gold and silver for year 2016 is 12%.

Profit for gold and silver for year 2017 is 0%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2018 is 8%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2019 is 16%

So average profit for 4 years is +9%

How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??

I would say investments in gold and silver is relatively safe, of course you can't be too sure since markets are unpredictable but from my experience I have been profitable from investing in PMs. They are also more liquid than most people would say. I have had times where I bought some gold bullion, sold it in a week, and received my money a day after I sold it! Overall i'm a big advocate for investing in PMs, I do all my buying and selling at http://nycbullion.com/ they always offer me great prices and liquidate my PMs super quick!
cezariusss

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 06:46:19 PM

Not safer ofc, but with higher potential profit. It also depends on the amount of money you want to invest. If you have at least $1.5-2 mln, then there is an option to visit private bankers and asset management departments at banks. They will control your savings better plus they have much wider variety of instruments.
Cokot

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:48:59 PM

until whenever gold will be the number one investment for now, because of very little risk and also a not-so-significant price reduction, I personally save gold for my second asset
Chupacabras

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:27:22 PM

In my country gold is insanely expensive,  so I would rather mind my bitcoins then I would buy gold or silver, especially if somebody would know that you have it, they can literally come to your house and steal.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:48:11 PM

In my country gold is insanely expensive,  so I would rather mind my bitcoins then I would buy gold or silver, especially if somebody would know that you have it, they can literally come to your house and steal.

Gold price is same worldwide because Gold is universal. See gold price in US Dollars. Today Gold is $1250/ounce
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:50:57 PM

It may be...but that things are closely tied to banks, so there's no big difference between deposit and metal storage...

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
First77 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:24:23 PM

I sold all my crypto a few weeks back and put the lot into gold.Seems I made the right call.Hodl forever is bullshit, sometimes you need to take a step back and know when to take profit and stabilise your gains.
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:49:09 PM

Yes they are safe because it is materials and we can use it everyday. Compare to bank our money is safe but we cant hamdle it like gold and silver. And the price of gold and silver increase every time the dollar increase.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:57:50 PM

Note: If you like my topics/threads and posts give me "+merits". See on the right side of each post (top right corner) there is "+Merits"

I think now fixed deposit interest rates are less than 5% p.a in USA and Europe. In India fixed deposit rates are 6.5%.

Gold and Silver gives average profit of 8% to 12% per year. Silver will most likely give 20% to 30% profit each year from here on to reach $60/ounce.

Example:

Profit for gold and silver for year 2016 is 12%.

Profit for gold and silver for year 2017 is 0%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2018 is 8%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2019 is 16%

So average profit for 4 years is +9%

How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??

In my own opinion, we can say that gold and silver are safer but it was not profitable like cryptocurrency because it was hard to earn this assets since it was required to finish a lot of paper works before you will be able to invest.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:40:01 AM

Yes they are safe because it is materials and we can use it everyday. Compare to bank our money is safe but we cant hamdle it like gold and silver. And the price of gold and silver increase every time the dollar increase.
yeah you right gold and silver will be safer. besides gold and silver will not be inflation like fiat currency. so even if you keep it save
for tens of years though. the price will not fluctuate. and you have nothing to lose. it's in terms of profit in storing it
TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 01:49:53 AM

for me, gold is not an investment, it just an instrument that can minimize "diminishing point" from your money/assets. generally, it can keep the value of your money/assets. 1 gram of gold in the past and 1 gram of gold at this time, has the same value if you trade it with some goods.
thecoder2017

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:18:53 AM

I prefer gold and silver to invest with my money rather than in banks because in banks their percentage in interest is low compared to investing in gold and silver because the price of gold now goes higher so you have a bigger profit investing here.
nguli

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:50:42 AM

it seems not because gold and silver current supply is very much and the price increase of gold and silver is very long even when everyone knows gold has no limit limit then the gold price can be destroyed.
@baracitamon

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:33:10 AM

I think the same level of risk, which is likely to be one of the safest investment types, will in the future fuel more investment in those two types of business.
Tory-Tory

Activity: 196

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:08:14 AM

Put money in the bank deposit is a hobby for pensioners. Money should work and create new money.
And gold has better indicators during the crisis.

First77 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:21:07 PM

There is 20 grams silver is an average sized solar panel.

world's largest solar farm with a whopping 3,450MW installed capacity in a 298-sq-km park, a size equal to 5 Manhattans. It is in China

Video: https://twitter.com/PDChina

Video: https://twitter.com
anhhung409

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:38:57 PM

Right. In fact, the annual profit from investing in gold and silver is much greater than depositing it in a bank. And what interest me in investing in gold is that it is not controlled by the government and the bank as well as taxes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: