Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:37:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold & Silver are safe than bank deposits ??  (Read 19206 times)
Airbuxf

Activity: 257
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 12:54:02 PM

Investing in gold and silver has a risk as any other investments. There were years when gold and silver had price up and down. There are also bubbles here like in 2011 silver, also there are lot of scams like adding volphram to gold because it's density is very similar.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 01:21:32 PM

Investing in gold and silver has a risk as any other investments. There were years when gold and silver had price up and down. There are also bubbles here like in 2011 silver, also there are lot of scams like adding volphram to gold because it's density is very similar.

Obviously if you are purchasing your gold coins and bars from little known sellers, then there is always a risk of getting low quality product. That's why I always go for the most reputed sellers, such as APMEX, KitCo and Goldline.
DigitalCyberius

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:32:51 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2019, 06:53:31 AM by DigitalCyberius
Merited by vapourminer (2)

They should be treated as two separate things. Fixed deposit accounts, insurance accounts, and other investment vehicles are a separate class from metals. We hope metals will go up in value, but they really shine as hedges against inflation, as highly liquid assets, and as speculative investments if the fiat system crashes (which many believe it will). Gold and silver, in your hands, can be your best option if things go south. The bank can't decide to keep it in a national emergency, a power outage can't stop you from getting to it, and in the case of a global fiat crash, their values could skyrocket. Even in a local disaster, you could use gold and silver for trading. And there are lots of places readily willing to trade cash for your gold or silver: pawn shops, jewelry shops, banks(?), etc.

Probably a good thing to invest in both gold and silver, as well as bank interest accounts and other financial instruments.  

As to safety, it depends on how you're storing them. It's good to have some on hand, and perhaps larger quantities in a trusted 3rd party vault.

A couple that I think are trustworthy include:
https://goldsilver.com/
https://noblegoldinvestments.com/

You can get your bullion there and store it if you wish.

Also, Mike Maloney, from goldsilver.com has some good videos on YouTube about the history of money and investing in gold and silver.

If you're storing some at home, it's good to have a vault and/or a good hiding space. Secret compartments, fake containers, under the floorboards, behind the wall, etc. (just make sure rats won't be taking off with small enough pieces). The King of Random on YouTube has some excellent older videos, like how to make a wall shelf with a magnetically opened/sealed secret drop-down compartment, and also turning a mayonnaise jar into a non-suspicious hidden compartment (essentially empty out and clean a mayonnaise jar, paint it white on the inside [maybe add something that looks like mold before you apply the white paint - my idea], then insert some foam lining, and presto! You could even create a false top in case someone wanted to open it [maybe make that look moldy and gross, lol]). He also shows how to make a false bottom drawer lining.

I saw another video where a guy took a spare closet and turned it into a secret room, concealed by a (supposedly) hanging mirror. He placed large safe in there before installing a bit of wall on the bottom of the door to better conceal it when the door was shut.

There are also companies that create hidden compartments for you, like false wall socket pads, etc. Books are a bit cliche, but they can still work. Just remember, it needs to be hidden in a place that no one will suspect, and a place that you will remember. Also, you need to be very careful with your purchases and bringing stuff into your home, etc. If someone knows that you've just stashed a bunch of metals in your house in a vault, they could try to get to it, even if it means threatening you and your family. So, other security measures may be appropriate. Home defense, cameras, emergency button(?). Not to go totally crazy, lol. But do be safe when storing metals at home.

A good thing to think is: if someone ransacked your place, what would they not turn over, pull out, look in, or take?

Have a good day,
The Cyberius team.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 09:14:48 AM

when investing in the bank and usually in the form of money and money from time to time of course will be less in value. perhaps in my opinion it would be more profitable to make gold or silver as an investment. because its exchange rate has never decreased

I think it depends on how you plan to use it in the future. Gold and silver are tangible assets that can be sold just like how it was used in the old day, except before, it can be just straight up be traded for other goods. What has been constant now and before is the fact that its value remained virtually where it was, and so, the gold you have then will still be as value, if not, more these days. However, money through bank deposits is a different animal. These days, banks use it to invest in other ventures, which is their vehicle to make your money work for them, but I think, with the changing technologies these days, the safety of money kept in banks has been greatly improved, which makes it virtually as safe as any other means of safeguarding your money.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 09:43:19 AM

well, we have different views. I feel that the price of gold is always stable, so is silver. so far, I am thinking of a strategy so that my income can increase, so that I can buy gold and silver as an investment tool. the bank deposit is indeed quite good, however, many needs make me continue to take the deposit.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 09:55:54 AM

Yes somewhere it will be a true statement because investment and banks will not been developed anywhere the profitable person is only the banks not the investors so the investment on gold and silver will be better than the Bank investment.
banks are always profitable because they benefit from borrowers' interest, from administrative fees and so on.
of course it would be more profitable to save money in gold, because the price is avoided from inflation, but does it guarantee that it is safe?
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 01:26:26 PM

I think now fixed deposit interest rates are less than 5% p.a in USA and Europe. In India fixed deposit rates are 6.5%.

Gold and Silver gives average profit of 8% to 12% per year. Silver will most likely give 20% to 30% profit each year from here on to reach $60/ounce.

Example:

Profit for gold and silver for year 2016 is 12%.

Profit for gold and silver for year 2017 is 0%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2018 is 8%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2019 is 16%

So average profit for 4 years is +9%

How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??
Banks only reset interest rate in order to control inflation in the country, so if there are too much money that circulating in the country then government ask banks to increase interest rate so people will save their money in banks. Gold and silver price actually tend to move inline with commodities price, I suggest you to invest in gold or silver in long term only because usually investors only can get profit from this type of investment within 2 years or more.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 06:20:11 AM

From bank we can get interest but from Gold and Silver we cant get interest so, I prefer bank rather than Gold and silver.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 06:48:11 AM

In terms of possession... It's true that gold and silver are considered to be more safer than bank deposits. But both have its own pro and cons. Gold and silver are more likely to be looted whereas bank deposits are under gov.  Control.  I feel crypto is the sol.  To this prob.  So let's adopt BTC.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 06:56:42 AM

There are too many variables to give a proper answer to this question. I'd like to tell you that, at least in the UK, it is impossible to find any bank saving rate that is better than 3% at the moment. However, that is 3% guaranteed return each year and physical metals will not give you a yearly return - you simply have to sell them in order to realize your profits. It is a slippery slope if you are assuming that silver/gold will attain a certain value in the future, versus a guaranteed return on bank deposits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 06:53:37 PM

I guess it depends on the form you want to invest in.
A physical gold buried somewhere safe will probably be safer. But holding physical gold has lots of disadvantages.

I honestly don't consider anything I have no control over as safe.  So I will just ignore the other option.
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:04:58 PM

I think now fixed deposit interest rates are less than 5% p.a in USA and Europe. In India fixed deposit rates are 6.5%.

Gold and Silver gives average profit of 8% to 12% per year. Silver will most likely give 20% to 30% profit each year from here on to reach $60/ounce.

Example:

Profit for gold and silver for year 2016 is 12%.

Profit for gold and silver for year 2017 is 0%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2018 is 8%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2019 is 16%

So average profit for 4 years is +9%

How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??
Considering that the value of the national coin is directly related with the amount of gold available for that country, i would say the investments in precious metals is better than in bank deposits.
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 01:07:34 AM

From bank we can get interest but from Gold and Silver we cant get interest so, I prefer bank rather than Gold and silver.
Interest from the bank itself is also not so big, gold or silver are invested by people to avoid inflation and safeguard their property. not aiming for rich.
because gold and silver in terms of increase are also not large. so if we invest in bank deposits or gold, it is actually not so big, especially if our capital is not large.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:44:46 PM

Interest from the bank itself is also not so big, gold or silver are invested by people to avoid inflation and safeguard their property. not aiming for rich.
because gold and silver in terms of increase are also not large. so if we invest in bank deposits or gold, it is actually not so big, especially if our capital is not large.
I have got your point and you are trying to say that if our capital is good then we may able to earn good profit but if not then profit will not be handsome.
Donceng

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 10:45:20 PM

Investing in gold and silver is as safe as to invest in bitcoin.
Banks have create a vicious cycle that it is full of debt and one day the debt bubble is going to blow. I hope that when this happens the bank deposits won't be affected, otherwise our society will have some serious economic problems.

I don't agree with you, investing in gold and bitcoin clearly has a different risk. investing in gold has been around for a long time and is trusted by the community to save their money in the form of tangible goods that have valuable value, while bitcoin has security that is not completely safe, because this type of investment is considered to be a very risky investment easily lose the investment we have because of the loss of personal data that we have because it was stolen by hackers or can easily lose the investment assets that we have because its value is easily changed so quickly
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 01:30:29 AM

Bank deposit will be secure your amount of money in the future and anytime once you want to get it you will get it for sure.
Gold and silver gives you high profit everyear and your income from them you can deposit it through bank.
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 01:46:26 AM

Bank deposit will be secure your amount of money in the future and anytime once you want to get it you will get it for sure.
Gold and silver gives you high profit everyear and your income from them you can deposit it through bank.
if saved to the bank again, of course our money will not increase as if we invest in gold or silver. I think the results of investing in gold, will be more profitable if we invest in other objects. property for example

laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:20:03 AM

Is gold really giving us big profits every year? because basically gold can't add to our wealth. but maintain our wealth from inflation. and also the interest profit from the bank is cut to the level of inflation, actually it is not so big. unless we are millionaires who invest in these instruments.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:37:07 AM

Is gold really giving us big profits every year? because basically gold can't add to our wealth. but maintain our wealth from inflation. and also the interest profit from the bank is cut to the level of inflation, actually it is not so big. unless we are millionaires who invest in these instruments.
Even though you are a millionaire and you put your money in the banks for a safe deposit then it would still make no sense for you to put it there because your money will be eaten by the inflation since the interest of the banks are pretty much lower compare to the potential of gold. Gold is better than banks and it is a no brainer.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:03:53 AM

I think its still depends on the country you are in. Coz what if your bank gets bankrupt and there are only a maximum limit amount that is insured. On the other hand, if below the maximum insured limit, its better with the bank and should be in time deposit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: