Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:10:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you Think the True Value of Bitcoin Is?  (Read 2240 times)
RemarkJohn (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:34:52 AM

In December the price of Bitcoin was near $20,000. Today, the price hovers around $6,500.

Which is the real value? Do you think the market is telling us the Truth?

We must understand that the launch of the CME's Bitcoin futures contracts and subsequent rise and fall of Bitcoin was not a coincidence.

The implementation of futures contracts on gold and silver have had similar effects. One needs to only wonder why was the launch of gold futures contracts was implemented at the same time the Gold Reserve Act was completely repealed. Americans were allowed to own gold again on January 1, 1975. Comex gold futures launched in December of 1974.

https://www.sunshineprofits.com/gold-silver/dictionary/comex-gold/

*Also, a Wikileaks document shows direct intent to suppress the price of gold:

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1974LONDON16154_b.html

I would beg any who are interested or invested in cryptocurrency to please do more research on the topic of price manipulation - you should come to the realization that the price in fiat of these assets does not matter, simply because it is inaccurate.

If you understand the banking system in the U.S. and understand that Gold, Silver and Bitcoin have true, intrinsic and persisting value you will understand the motive and that without question these assets are manipulated.

What is the true price of Bitcoin? $20,000? $6,500? I do not know.

What I do know is that it is worth more than the intrinsically worthless U.S. dollar we force ourselves to use on a daily basis, so I will be buying as much as I can while the price is this low.

I believe the price of a Bitcoin is much higher than $20,000 - but we may be in for a long while of manipulation before we see it again.

The best we can do is to buy as much as we can to make it as difficult as possible for the price to be suppressed. Once they lose control.....to quote all the Redditors and memes - "Then Moon."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maneka

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:52:30 PM

The true value of Bitcoin:
Up to now there are 11 million Bitcoins in circulation around the world. It is estimated that by 2140, the total amount of Bitcoin can reach a maximum of 21 million. The amount is so but the true value of Bitcoin is not everyone understands. Because there are many people mistakenly think Bitcoin is the amount of money in fiat currencies (USD, Euro, Yen, Pounds, VN dong ...). However, the real value of Bitcoin is not reflected in the price. It lies in usefulness, convenience. It's also where you want to get Bitcoins. No organization can intervene and control. So the real value should be reflected in the security in the purchase and payment.
Because the currency needs to fulfill three important functions: payment, accounting and value storage. But so far Bitcoin has not become a real currency. Because payment facilities are not easy to guarantee.
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:08:53 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that is working with a trading platform, which we have two different set of people at every point in time to make the system more stronger, therefore the two set of people simply classified as demand and supply..
pixelvault

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:10:44 PM

Its value could be infinite. If it survives infinitely  Cool
The cure

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:20:27 PM

Bitcoin is volatile in nature,price rapidly changed because of some factors affecting on it specially the demand and supply. But the True Value of bitcoin is not just base on the equivalent amount of it in dollar or fiat currency. The true value of bitcoin can be seen in it's usefulness as a digital currency in terms of investment and payments for goods and services.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:36:27 PM

Bitcoin is volatile in nature,price rapidly changed because of some factors affecting on it specially the demand and supply. But the True Value of bitcoin is not just base on the equivalent amount of it in dollar or fiat currency. The true value of bitcoin can be seen in it's usefulness as a digital currency in terms of investment and payments for goods and services.
Yes that is right, but i think that the true value of bitcoin is also depending on the interest of the people, if the interest of the people is increasing then bitcoin value is also increasing, i think that still people are interested therefore i think that bitcoin value will also continue increasing, i think still bitcoin has too much potential and therefore still are expecting bitcoin value to increase.
renata.tuncha@ex.ua

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:12:48 PM

I think that now the value of ICO is much higher than btc actually that is why I found Socratus. I really like their concept - a platform for insurance companies that was created in order to make the communication between customer and insurance company more convenient and simple. It helps to get read of annoying personal meetings and paper work. With this ecosystem, companies will be able to cut operating costs, create new insurance products, deal with data analysis more efficiently and many other benefits.
Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:43:59 PM

The value is depend on demand, so logically if Bitcoin adoption is running good then the price should be increase. Sometime I think that maybe it will be good if all bitcoin is backed by gold. So there should be an institutions who manage that thing.

Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:09:35 PM

The true value of bitcoin is not just base on the price but also on it's usefulness and popularity. The greater demand of bitcoin the more higher in value because a lot of people patronized it not just because of the highest price but because they can use bitcoin in another forms like online payment. Another value of bitcoin is that how it can help a lot of people and to reduce poverty and economic problem of every country that accept it.

burgerpatty

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:12:54 PM

Now peoples think bitcoin is a investment scheme and they want to make money with this currency and they need good return from their investment,
bitcoin is digital currency and its define by market with demand and supply but bitcoin true value define that time when all market and businesses start accepting bitcoins for the goods and services.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:15:36 PM

I too would agree that the ATH price of bitcoin was only due to launch of bitcoin futures and it was not its true value.The truth is that bitcoin value would be even much higher but it would take some long time.But manipulation is continuously done by big whales which affects the gradual price increase of bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
jaythelingly

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 11:20:16 PM

it's a crypto market, that's why we assumed. But we don't tell actual or true value of bitcoin. Sometimes it depends on demand. I throw you an example, In december it's value was going to 20k$ and last two days ago it's value was 6300$. Now it's value is 7300. Hope you are clear, what i say.
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:42:21 PM

Due to the national government's financial policy, BTC has not yet played the real value of Internet cryptocurrency!
It is only used by people for investment. When the price of BTC is stable, it can bring out real value!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:47:47 PM

The value is depend on demand, so logically if Bitcoin adoption is running good then the price should be increase. Sometime I think that maybe it will be good if all bitcoin is backed by gold. So there should be an institutions who manage that thing.

But if it will be backed by gold and manage by some institution then the key purpose of bitcoin will be gone which is decentralized, no intermediaries/even a single administrator and freedom from fiat and government institution.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:58:39 AM

no one can know what the exact value of bitcoin can be in the future because bitcoin is still young and many things can still happen in fact if you ask a random stranger about bitcoin he can't answer you well could be that he just hear it on the news on bitcoins bad sides like scams and the like but the price of it will surely got high in the future because it had many use cases that can transform every industry to because modern functional.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:11:21 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 09:46:41 AM by franky1
Merited by ImHash (1)

dont look at the bitcoin price and ask what is the value.

instead do some maths on the cost of creating bitcoin. (mining)
EG take the hashrate and divide it by the amount of asics needed to get that hashrate
work out the electric costs needed.

then once you have the XX electric/hour.. divide that by 6(amount of blocks per hour)
then divide that by 12.5 to get the cost per btc.

now you have electric VALUE cost.... also imagine the asic equipment has a years shelf life. so take the initial amount of asics needed and cost them at ~$850 each.. then divide that by 657000(12.5*144*365 is bitcoins mined per year) to get the physical rig cost per btc

scrw it. ill give u an exampl based on todays stats
hashrate: 38exahash  (38million terrahash)
2714286 asics(38m /14) (because each asic is 14thash)
each asic is 1.3kw/h
3528571kw/h

lets say electric is 5cents an hour = $176428.57 per hour
=$29404.76 per block or electric
=$2352.38 per btc for electric
now add on physical cost of rig
2714286* $850=$2307143100 per year shelf life
=6320940 per day
=$43895.42 per block
=$3511.63 per btc

so 2352.38+3511.63=$5864.01

and now you see the bottomline average cost of mining btc this month..$5864
which explains why the btc price did not dip below that value
(take into account my maths is rough/bottomiline, costs can be higher for area's that are not 5cent/kw)

now ill leave you to do some maths if the hashrate went up to 42exahash which will start to become a new hash average soon
(simple hint for lazyness.. take the end total... divide by 38 then multiply by 42, if you dont want to do it the long way round)

then you can start thinking about hashrate of the future and calculate costs..

.. then and only then look at the markt price and see how close to the cost (near bottomline value) or how far above(lots of over valued speculation) there is

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
swabelang

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:18:49 AM

The true value of bitcoin is not constant. Sometimes high and sometimes low but last year the month that the highest value of bitcoin is december as my frend told me. Maybe this year, the value of bitcoin rise in december again.☺
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:28:12 AM

The true value of bitcoin is not constant. Sometimes high and sometimes low but last year the month that the highest value of bitcoin is december as my frend told me. Maybe this year, the value of bitcoin rise in december again.☺

true VALUE is more stable then you think..
but PRICE is not constance. sometimes high sometimes low.. last year the month with the highest PRICE was december. but last december had alot of speculation in the PRICE which could not back up the underlying VALUE. thus the PRICE corrected down nearer to the underlying VALUE

learn difference between price vs value

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:05:21 AM

Just like any other currency, Bitcoin value is greatly influenced by who uses the currency, how many users are using the currency, and how much of the specific currency is in circulation. Bitcoin is a product of mathematics and algorithmic calculations, and influenced by the amount of trust that its users put into the currency and how well it adapts to being used worldwide. Maybe with some level of regulation it could have some stability in the future?
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:09:26 AM

In December the price of Bitcoin was near $20,000. Today, the price hovers around $6,500.

Which is the real value? Do you think the market is telling us the Truth?

We must understand that the launch of the CME's Bitcoin futures contracts and subsequent rise and fall of Bitcoin was not a coincidence.

The implementation of futures contracts on gold and silver have had similar effects. One needs to only wonder why was the launch of gold futures contracts was implemented at the same time the Gold Reserve Act was completely repealed. Americans were allowed to own gold again on January 1, 1975. Comex gold futures launched in December of 1974.

https://www.sunshineprofits.com/gold-silver/dictionary/comex-gold/

*Also, a Wikileaks document shows direct intent to suppress the price of gold:

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1974LONDON16154_b.html

I would beg any who are interested or invested in cryptocurrency to please do more research on the topic of price manipulation - you should come to the realization that the price in fiat of these assets does not matter, simply because it is inaccurate.

If you understand the banking system in the U.S. and understand that Gold, Silver and Bitcoin have true, intrinsic and persisting value you will understand the motive and that without question these assets are manipulated.

What is the true price of Bitcoin? $20,000? $6,500? I do not know.

What I do know is that it is worth more than the intrinsically worthless U.S. dollar we force ourselves to use on a daily basis, so I will be buying as much as I can while the price is this low.

I believe the price of a Bitcoin is much higher than $20,000 - but we may be in for a long while of manipulation before we see it again.

The best we can do is to buy as much as we can to make it as difficult as possible for the price to be suppressed. Once they lose control.....to quote all the Redditors and memes - "Then Moon."

You can't really put a true value on bitcoin just because of its nature as a decentralized currency. There's no one entity saying that one coin is worth this much amount of US dollars or whatever other currency there is. That's partly why bitcoin is so appealing to so many people -- they get to bring their own opinion about what they think the price is to their investments as well and see whether they were right or wrong.

Bitcoin depends on so many different factors like the news surrounding it, the exchanges that foster it, and the services that support it. It's too mutli dimensional to put a single price on it.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: