Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:45:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BUY a rating on ICObench  (Read 1582 times)
makuzi_alethena (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:45:30 AM

Are you relying on ICObench for ICO investments?

We went out to buy ratings on ICObench to prove how crooked the system is and why a proper investment project due diligence is necessary.

Read the whole story: https://medium.com/alethena/this-is-how-easy-it-is-to-buy-ico-ratings-an-investigation-13d07e987394

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pcaversaccio

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:48:52 AM

We went out to buy ratings on ICObench to prove how crooked the system is and why a proper investment project due diligence is necessary.

Read the whole story: https://medium.com/alethena/this-is-how-easy-it-is-to-buy-ico-ratings-an-investigation-13d07e987394

This market is just corrupt and so greedy - we need to establish a more sustainable mindset here!
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:50:29 AM

This is why I don't listen to any review so instead of depending to these reviews website, I'm still doing research with my due diligence.

I'm open with reviews and suggestions of others but I'm not totally relying on it. We've seen countless times on how it's easy to buy ratings as an example of it with John McAfee.

He's a well known shill of any project that he wants to give good review as long as they're going to pay him good amount too.

Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:52:01 AM

Not all in ICO rating can be trusted, it is just good as additional resources of knowing the project.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
OnGreenDolphinStreet

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:58:35 AM

This is why I don't listen to any review so instead of depending to these reviews website, I'm still doing research with my due diligence.

I'm open with reviews and suggestions of others but I'm not totally relying on it. We've seen countless times on how it's easy to buy ratings as an example of it with John McAfee.

He's a well known shill of any project that he wants to give good review as long as they're going to pay him good amount too.

Great to hear that there are still people out there who care enough to do their own due diligence.
But I suspect a large majority of ICO investors doesn't do this because they lack the technical skills, business/legal knowledge or simply the time that's needed to do it.
unitedtimdom

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:59:54 AM

Unbelievable! That is why we need proper due diligence rather than marketing platforms!
ClumsySmile45

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:05:48 AM

Yeah I'm with you on this investors should always an individual research and not just rely on so called expert reviews. Menlo I think is one of the most relevant platform right now to counter these kind of manipulation. They have made a system to lessen the fraud and scams on ICO space.
RaspoBTC

Activity: 1274
Merit: 319

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:18:43 AM

Crazy story and describe, how corrupt the whole cryproworld is.
So more regulations are welcome in my opinion.
And i have invested some EUR in the Alethena-ICO, good luck Smiley.
asuredbet3

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:25:14 AM

Wow....no wonder hashcard was able to get 4point on their rating and people end up getting scammed...DYOR can never be overemphasized.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:26:28 AM

Well, i don't believe any rating site, have never done so and never will
I believe my instincts because i know only that makes things convenient for me.

So, thus, everyone should make their own researches and stop believing those who get money to hype projects
in this dip markets, our funds are worth every patience

Make your researches, study roadmaps and make your trade decisions.
pcaversaccio

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:32:01 AM

Crazy story and describe, how corrupt the whole cryproworld is.
So more regulations are welcome in my opinion.
And i have invested some EUR in the Alethena-ICO, good luck Smiley.
Thanks a lot for supporting us - we truly want to change this malfunctioning ecosystem and I encourage all of you to do / try it also!
iwanirawan

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 10:36:58 AM

That's true if the ico rating not pure 100%. Some company play with it. There're company which rising their rating to make people invest on their project. Also they can drop another ico's rating to make sure people not invest in that ico. So i dont believe ico rating 100%. I use that just for strenghten my own prediction on some ico.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:40:07 AM

Its easy to have good rating nowadays because at the end of the day its business, so better not to rely on any Rating or Reviews because its useless. If you really interested on the project better to do your own research or study which is more reliable and no regrets after because you know you did your best to prove that project is worth your money.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:48:29 AM

6.75 BTC for a premium spot is a strong price. I was suspecting the were doing that. That's why I always check several of these ranking sites to be sure. But you can never be 100 % sure, just increase the odds.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:56:31 AM

The ICO ratings sites are completely worthless as tools for making investment decisions. On numerous occassions I have seen them giving high ratings to projects that were completely fraudulent and that even the most cursory due diligence would have uncovered. They simply reprint whatever information the ICO project gives them and do not do any fact checking at all.

Tone147

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:59:24 AM

So I don't use this website. In my opinion, most of the rating of this website is like shit.
Because most of the time they're not objective enough, the ratings are fraudulent.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:00:05 AM

Almost all ICOs know use these services, ICO rating sites that mass list ICOs have these services, and yes they should never be trusted with legitimate information.

They're still useful in a way where you can see all or most of the upcoming/on-going ICOs, so then you can do your own research.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:03:19 AM

I agree with you and I also think that all rating sites, as well as people who advertise different projects, do it for money, they have their avid interest. I use these sites only to learn about new projects and then I myself start to understand and learn about the project! Do NOT trust them, disassemble the project yourself and read more!
OnGreenDolphinStreet

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:05:42 AM

Almost all ICOs know use these services, ICO rating sites that mass list ICOs have these services, and yes they should never be trusted with legitimate information.

They're still useful in a way where you can see all or most of the upcoming/on-going ICOs, so then you can do your own research.

Very good point. Nobody is contesting the fact that if (as an ICO) you have the money these rating pages can be effective *for marketing*. Put differently, spend that money and you will be found.
I firmly believe the market will institutionalise in the coming 12 months. Institutions are mostly not allowed to simply take into account their own best judgment but are obliged to get a third party opinion. So once we have arrived at the stage where serious reliable information is really in demand I don't think ICObench and the like will provide much benefit.
dodziu

Activity: 473
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:07:20 AM

I don not buy on Ico rating, I usually take my time to do my own research about a project before I invest in it because most Ico rating do not really worth it and some of them end up being over rated because they might have paid for the rating that they got. It is always good to do a proper research about a project before investing in it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: