Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:51:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is SCHARMBECK Shutting Down?  (Read 16747 times)
kdrop (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:27:44 PM

48 hours ago, Scharmbeck put up on their website the following announcement:

All USD transactions to/from Scharmbeck have been disabled pending review of government laws and regulations.

https://i.imgur.com/v6CM5cr.png

This is a huge announcement that basically says www.scharmbeck.com cease all operations of the service on the website.

A little bit later (About 15 minutes?) that announcement disappeared from the website.

48 hours since, no official statement have come from Scharmbeck website or Twitter regarding the matter. In addition, shareholders (SBFS on www.cryptostocks.com) that saw that message contemplated Scharmbeck is shutting down and sold their shares below their value.

Now it is too easy to start a scam accusation here , since its too easy, as huge profits were made in a matter of minutes on this stunt as SBFS stock rose right back up to original value right after the announcement disappeared. Well if it is a scam, grats Scharmbeck.

If its not, mistakes happen, this is fine, everyone is doing mistakes, but the lack of any communication from Scharmbeck ever since (48 hours and counting) following that incident is very troubling. If Scharmbeck is legit or trying to be, this is certainly not the way.
In numbers, it mean you crowd-funded this project for half a million dollars (yes, 500,000$) and treat your customers and shareholders like they do not exist. To put it simple, you are working off their money to make this project happen.

Should everyone force an announcement out of Scharmbeck regarding this incident? An apology message if this was a mistake? If it is, compensation for SBFS holders who undersold their shares due to this error?

If Scharmbeck is shutting down, well.... . If its not, Scharmbeck just took a big credibility hit and its time they try to win some of it back (if they care).

Cheers.
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:38:40 PM

My issue isn't whether Scharmbeck is shutting down (I think it will be until they pay for some decent lawyers..), but how they are handling the incident.

For a company that has made SO much money SO quickly just to ignore their users (not even too many of us yet) is so fucking illegitimizing. It makes me feel like its one of those vaporware/bloatware companies that were popping up all last summer and fall..(even though I really doubt its a scam).

Producer
jdh015232

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:50:21 PM

scharmbeck shuts down the alt world falls apart cuz everythings a scam!
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:55:40 PM

I think it's a good thing they are shutting down they tried to cheat the system and got caught out.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
BazkieBumpercar

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:06:02 PM

I think it's a good thing they are shutting down they tried to cheat the system and got caught out.
*sigh*

Can't you read the news posting? "Pending review of government laws and regulations". I bet that's about the recent hearings and what comes out of it.

Either way, I'd love to hear from a SB dev to hear what exactly is the plan regarding this Smiley
Thorgrim

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 10:09:01 PM

Well I think we need to keep cool heads for know until we can sort out what is really going on.

Poster of this thread only has 5 posts so it's not like we can assume he/she has a sterling reputation or that the screenshot is even real if the message isn't up right now.

kdrop (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:35:15 AM

Well I think we need to keep cool heads for know until we can sort out what is really going on.

Poster of this thread only has 5 posts so it's not like we can assume he/she has a sterling reputation or that the screenshot is even real if the message isn't up right now.

That is all you have to say for this? That this image is fake?  Huh

It is either a direct potential scam or a huge honest mistake  (just for the benefit of the doubt) with no announcement regarding the matter from Scharmbeck ever since.

Right now it looks like Scharmbeck is trying to ignore it ever happened, sweep it under the carpet and avoid taking any form of liability.
extee

Activity: 171

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:53:50 AM

it was always a disaster waiting to happen.
mpmcsweeney

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:07:26 AM

That alert was out of an abundance of caution due to the fact that the U.S. government released new guidance on money transmitters.

Seriously, it's easy to armchair speculate but when you run an actual business in the United States you don't **** around with financial regulators, ESP. in cryptocurrency.

Grow up. Sell, or buy. Your choice. Scharmbeck isn't a scam and it's not going anywhere.
Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:14:34 AM

Everything in Crypto is a scam sell all your shares now. (so I can buy them cheap)  Cool

DeadlyEskimo

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:39:50 AM

I highly doubt that after months of work registering with fincen that they will be shutting their doors.
Thorgrim

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 03:27:10 AM

That is all you have to say for this? That this image is fake?  Huh

It is either a direct potential scam or a huge honest mistake  (just for the benefit of the doubt) with no announcement regarding the matter from Scharmbeck ever since.

Right now it looks like Scharmbeck is trying to ignore it ever happened, sweep it under the carpet and avoid taking any form of liability.

I spoke with Gudmunsn today on IRC. He confirmed that, the message was real. He overreacted to the new fincen rules and panicked then changed his mind.

Apparently they are still open for business and processing transactions.

Some of the lack of communication yesterday and today was caused by the IRC chat being DDOS'd, I can confirm this myself.

When someone with low post count comes on the forum and starts spreading FUD you have to be cautious There are tons of sock puppets on this forum and without a post history you can go back and look at, you can't just assume that the poster is being honest.

Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:33:02 AM

Moral of the story, "Launches of complicated financial websites are difficult and risky"  Don't believe me, ask the US Government how easy it is (Obamacare)

pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:51:36 AM

BTC-e may be next!
http://volgoproc.ru/newversion/cgi-bin/run.pl?mod=news.mod&dirmod=mod&func=view&id=2331

thest0ckman

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 12:37:36 PM

scary

Dagger75

Activity: 156

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:14:52 PM

That was a complete Hoax  http://www.coindesk.com/russian-prosecutors-office-btc-e-investigation-hoax/

So many Troll Scammers doing crazy shit to try and get the market to drop by causing panic.  What has this become?  Greed is out of control and as I look at posters profiles in the Alt section it seems they are All from Dec 2013 lol...Honest Crypto supporters need to stick together and not allow all these scammers to get away with shit just because they don't mind Lying and Yelling the Loudest!!

Just wanted to make sure that people know that the BTC-e scare was an extensive Hoax done by Hacking the Russian Prosecutors website lol

>>>http://foundation.leafco.in/<<<  Please help support our cause

>>>A True Alt, with a True Purpose<<<  $$Leafcoin$$
TheSmo

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:51:43 PM

Greed is out of control and as I look at posters profiles in the Alt section it seems they are All from Dec 2013 lol...

Greed is always the same, just more scammers getting attracted to Coins.

Plus, really: Scharmbeck is offering 500 BTC for something? You really believe he will pay out 500 BTC? C'mon, you can't be serious. At least this text looks to me that they are looking only for greedy "customers" (I'd call them sheeps).
kdrop (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:51:18 PM

From reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/worldcoin/comments/1x69o8/worried_about_the_current_state_of_affairs/

Apparently the main developer can't make a statement regarding Scharmbeck.

They got half a million dollar less than 2 month ago and already shutting the door on the shareholders. Money is already in the bank, no need to bother working anymore.

Can we call it a scam yet?

broken_pixel

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:31:38 PM

Long live DGC.  Grin

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 04:34:53 PM

I called this 2 months ago, and no one paid attention.

http://cryptolife.net/exposing-the-worldcoin-scam/

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: