Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:33:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perspective about HODL.  (Read 3137 times)
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 02:29:54 AM

there is nothing wrong with the current hodl, and this situation is actually bad for traders. coins are difficult to rise high, and tend to fall deeper. in my point of view, the hodl in this situation is the best decision to wait for the price to recover.
Exactly! In a volatile world of cryptocurrency, price fluctuation comes at an uncertain time. HODL is one of the best strategies to apply, market keeps on moving ups and downs unexpectedly. So, we must learn to strategize and be up-to-date. In a situation where price is not at its best, better buy at low cost, HOLD, and wait patiently until market recovers. Don't panic, stay calm, be positive, and never stop learning and exploring new ideas.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 02:47:31 AM

Actually in my opinion there is nothing to worng holding planning now this time. But actually firstly you have explain what price you have to buy Bitcoin,if you can buy Bitcoin more have price then you can to do.i understand holding situation can be depends on your buy system.
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 03:23:09 AM

Perspective about hold is very clear that as market droping down and prices if btc and altcoins are going to down in such a condition you have to invest and hold the bitcoin because as it go up than gave you a handsome profit.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 03:31:18 AM

My perspective towards hodling is that it can be bad for the economic growth of bitcoin. Bitcoin is meant to be used and not to be stored (personal opinion).

Tho, we cannot remove this kind of act since this is already a part of trading strategies and also it is having an impact towards the community.

At some point that guy who posted has his point since short term trading and hodling is the easiest solution but as you have said does nit guarantee them a profit
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:14:03 AM

My perspective towards hodling is that it can be bad for the economic growth of bitcoin. Bitcoin is meant to be used and not to be stored (personal opinion).

Tho, we cannot remove this kind of act since this is already a part of trading strategies and also it is having an impact towards the community.

At some point that guy who posted has his point since short term trading and hodling is the easiest solution but as you have said does nit guarantee them a profit
When engaging into the field of Bitcoin, we need to be prepared, have to set plans and goals. We should know how to deal its volatility, study the market, and experiment for a strategy to use. Strategies of others may or may not work for you, so it's best to find your own and stick with it. HODL is one of the best strategies applied by many as it's proven effective specially during market crash, it helps reduce risks and losses. However, it needs proper timing, so it's always best that you do research, explore, and never stop learning.
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:53:41 AM

At the moment, I adhere to the same investment strategy. Long-term retention is the easiest way to make money with bitcoin. So I keep sticking with it.
WebTera

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:57:34 AM

As long as the price is not stable and bitcoin continues to fluctuate, I will continue to hold it. Now we can not fully use it as a currency, and therefore HODL - the best option.

Pyr3x

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:08:57 AM

Even before buying bitcoin, I studied a variety of investment strategies and realized that HODL is exactly what I need. It is quite promising and requires minimal action from me. Therefore, I prefer to earn on bitcoin in this way.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Dimas99

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:26:14 AM

I suppose if you're a good trader, then hodl makes less sense as you can make money if the market's down or up. That being said, it's important to know your own limitations. My trading attempts have gone rather poorly, so hodl it is.
I really agree with what you say sometimes as investors we must be able to be smart in utilizing every opportunity we will get maybe holding that safe strategy
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 09:31:01 AM

As long as the price is not stable and bitcoin continues to fluctuate, I will continue to hold it. Now we can not fully use it as a currency, and therefore HODL - the best option.

If you got btc  for free by mining, then HODL is dandy.

If you bought BTC with a credit-card or borrowed money to buy post 2017, and you didn't sell it then your a fool.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:38:31 AM

I thought this was a misplace lettering that lead to misspelling. Anyway, interesting history about the term hodling. As a person who participates in cryptocurrency related things, we should learn how to be patient and hodl. It is part of the process of earning money here in cryptocurrency. There is nothing wrong with it unless you invested on shit coins. But investing on shit coins can be avoided through thorough researching.

ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 10:12:17 AM

In my own perception, hodl has two things: advantage and disadvantage. The advantage of hodl is what you hold has the right potential of increasing its price. The disadvantage is that if the coin you hold has not increased in its future value, so my conclusion about hodl is that you are taking the risk.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:51:17 AM

Everything has an advantage and a disadvantage, we all know how to HODL, but what we do not know here is that there are numerous possible outcomes when it's time to HODL or its time to USE it, HODLing is quite a risk because  there will be times where you have to PANIC because of qhat people are saying or because the price is getting too low and you are being uncomfortable with it, and then there will be times wherein the price would continue to go up and up and then goes down quickly and after realizing that you will begin to panic sell that because you think that if you don't sell it the price would continue to go down, be decisive, HODLing has millions of possible outcomes, be wise.
andi_wahid

Activity: 490
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:31:02 PM

hodl in my opinion when you refrain from selling your coin when the price goes down and then resells when the price soars so that you get the profit you want
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 01:13:15 PM

sometimes HOLD is a good choice when the cryptocurrency price is dropping and back again to normal price. but it can be the worst decision when the bitcoin or cryptocurrency price is not back to normal and getting down and down.

Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 01:28:08 PM

there is nothing wrong with the current hodl, and this situation is actually bad for traders. coins are difficult to rise high, and tend to fall deeper. in my point of view, the hodl in this situation is the best decision to wait for the price to recover.
what I know about HODL is that we can hold the time to get the right time on this bitcoin system and it would be good at this time HODL
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 09:24:37 PM

Well the term HODL is used when trying not to sell a particular coin bought, either at a bear or bull market run. It's when one decided not to sell a particular or some amounts of coin for a particular time and hodl till some kind of improvement or for a lengthy period of time.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1862
Merit: 427

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 09:38:19 PM

This is an interesting thread, once in which I can find myself as probably many other since I believe that most crypto users active on here are the ones who desperately believe that crypto will have a future because it does! So HODL is what we should all do.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:24:08 PM

Actually in my opinion there is nothing to worng holding planning now this time. But actually firstly you have explain what price you have to buy Bitcoin,if you can buy Bitcoin more have price then you can to do.i understand holding situation can be depends on your buy system.

And you are right. There's nothing wrong in it and it's a very good strategy if you have a lot of fiat lying around. If you had a chance to invest in something that can be worth 10 times more one day, would you? I would. You can always put little money into it and forget about it. Bitcoin will never stay at 10k USD or 5k USD. It will go to 100k or down to 100$ in the next 10 years.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
sheamus10

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:35:46 PM

Well the term HODL is used when trying not to sell a particular coin bought, either at a bear or bull market run. It's when one decided not to sell a particular or some amounts of coin for a particular time and hodl till some kind of improvement or for a lengthy period of time.
That happens because the price of the assets they have is down and does not match the previous price. Because everyone certainly does not want to loss so there is nothing wrong with holding back the assets that we have.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: