Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:05:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perspective about HODL.  (Read 3137 times)
Ompyon

Activity: 715
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:58:55 PM

Well the term HODL is used when trying not to sell a particular coin bought, either at a bear or bull market run. It's when one decided not to sell a particular or some amounts of coin for a particular time and hodl till some kind of improvement or for a lengthy period of time.
That happens because the price of the assets they have is down and does not match the previous price. Because everyone certainly does not want to loss so there is nothing wrong with holding back the assets that we have.
yeah, basically the ones who do the hodl are people who expect the value of a coin they have to rise, but instead the price drops, so there is no other option but to hold it back, and the discussion here is whether it is the right choice? if in my opinion it depends on the courage of each person, because choosing to hold it or not is not an easy choice, there are always bad consequences in it.

]
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 01:04:26 PM

If you really want to do HODl then you should have courage to take risks. Like the current crashed of the cryptocurrency market, you should have high confidence for you to not panic and make decision wise.

You also must understand the difference between holders and hodlers. If the first category of people are those ones, who have the crypto, the second one is the guys who do not sell their alts and BTC for more than 1-2 years whatever happens.
FuryBeast

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 01:09:19 PM

Hold works if you perfectly know what you hodl and where you should sell. But on the other hand, the market is always changing, and you must take this into account. It seems, there's no win-win recipe.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 01:29:02 PM

Hold works if you perfectly know what you hodl and where you should sell. But on the other hand, the market is always changing, and you must take this into account. It seems, there's no win-win recipe.

Not where but when you should sell your coins. HODL usually works for a longer period of time because people must hold at least 1 years to see the maximum price of any coin. And holding always works but only for those coins which have great potential to reach the highest price or value.
Disaster435

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 01:44:53 PM

Hodl is a great thing for newbies. Just choose a few best cryptos, protect them, and that's it. Then cash out if a few years or when the time comes.
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:57:10 PM

HODL strategy is for only investors who have a lot of patience. It is hard to do hodl strategy because it is hard to find good cryptocurrencies that it suits to that strategy. There are many people who are losing their money because of the wrong coins that they hold.

saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:54:38 AM

In my opinion, the most important thing is to hold your investment in the crypto market. We all know how the crypto market works. If we do not hold the crypto market. So we will only have harm.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
OnceTwiceThird

Activity: 606
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 06:14:21 AM

Always hope for every one have hold and keep their asset in wallet, just wait when bitcoin is growing up make all your altcoin asset will be higher price, today have one step for growing up of bitcoin price.
Wildwest

Activity: 1733
Merit: 315

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 06:56:52 AM

HODL for investors is the safest way to benefit them. No matter how bad the market conditions are at that time, and they will take action to sell when they get the best price.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 07:09:28 AM

You need to hold at least when price is down, to sell when price recovers. Huge price drop was expected from anyone with at least some trading experience and common sense.

The thing is bitcoin gained it's "bad" rates because of bunch of gurus trying to make some bucks on their lessons and ebooks and then you had a mainstream news of course. Popular example of mainstream news manipulations is when xrp was at like $3-$4 they were "teaching" people when and how to buy on tv but when it dropped then they were "teaching" how to sell lol and all that was all purposely. You could here and there about price drop incoming but no one wanted to listen, they all believed in 100x gains in a year fairy tales. So market is a little bit more free from those dumb fucks now and mostly that is a reason why we are in current situation.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 07:14:54 AM

HODL for investors is the safest way to benefit them. No matter how bad the market conditions are at that time, and they will take action to sell when they get the best price.

It is better to hold if you are sure that you have good coins and in future it’s value will rise no matter what how bad the Market may be today . Even if market crashes you can buy more at lower price and thus you can average the price and sell on high and make still profits .
terencio

Activity: 742
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 07:16:16 AM

The greatest lesson I've learn in crypto is not to be greedy, in the past I've listen the word hodl because of the hype that the price will be more in future, however not all the time its applicable.  I 've set up a target price of my investment and not to expect for 10000% increment.

jemarie20

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:22:28 AM

Actually Before I comment on HODL or no HODL, I need to say it depends how you purchased the coin and at what price.
Suppose I purchase something at $100, it means I am confident on my research that its price is $100, if now market start trading at 90$ and my research still says it is good at $100, then I will HOLD. If I now come to some new facts that make me believe that it actual price $80. then I will sell at $90 at once.

Yes I agree with you because if someone buy some coins from any exchange they want to have a good profit on it, right? so they need to buy in low price and sell it when they think that they can have a good profit on it by just selling their coins, so if the price cannot make a good profit for them  is better to hold their coins and wait the right time t sell it.

Woolles890

Activity: 448

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:40:33 AM

Hodl for people who have high patience, but many people are patient and use the best moment to get profit. Hodl for beginners, if he takes bitcoin then he will hold it for the long term and will not throw it away even if he has a chance to make a profit. But when he knows a good strategy he will use it wisely even though he has a little fear.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:06:52 AM

Thanks for this piece of information. I never know the origin of HODL though I have been using it since I came into this forum. It has come to mean what was the intention of the originator though he misspells the word HOLD. There is another eye-opener from this post which is 2013 was also a year that the crypto was sliding down meaning if after 2013 then come 2017, therefore, there will be another bull running year after 2018 for the crypto. So everyone should HODL their coins.
baldmonk

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:39:47 AM

Damn, Some people are good at hodling and some are good at trading. I'm super unlucky at hodling though. It just... ehh Sad
But the time has come, so I have to try hodling again!  Angry
jpnl0006

Activity: 480
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:37:16 AM

Am surprised to see something new something i always come across and i think it is a mistake "HODL" only for me to find out that its a slang well in addition to the topic every good trader should know that during a bearish season the only option left is to hold except you are ready to lose something valuable or you bought  at a very low price then fine you can sell
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 12:13:44 PM

Am surprised to see something new something i always come across and i think it is a mistake "HODL" only for me to find out that its a slang well in addition to the topic every good trader should know that during a bearish season the only option left is to hold except you are ready to lose something valuable or you bought  at a very low price then fine you can sell

I am assuming HODL is one of the good perspective in crypto market because it teaches some lesson on being calm and wait for the right time to come so that it will be very profitable for the people invested in crypto coins. Lot of people speak on the term "HODL" which is very effective and useful for the crypo market. I think HODL is one of the key term for investors to look into it.

Am I spamming? Report me!
nicko122

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 12:20:18 PM

An interesting abbreviation for coin holders. But the essence remains the same, this is the name of the people who hold the coins until the last, or simply wait for a better moment to sell.
AltcoinTradingSignal.com
Copper Member

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 05:48:31 PM

HODL doesn't work every time and should not be the only strategy that an investor should look into. If you really don't have the time or have the appetite to learn about the market, then HODL can work for you. But, if you are a risk-taker and want to learn, I would suggest doing part-time trading with a partial investment. The rest you can hold and see it grow or shrink with time. Also, investing in the right coin is crucial here. If you invest in the wrong coin, HODL will never work. Click the link in my signature, I created videos of my results.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: