Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:12:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perspective about HODL.  (Read 3137 times)
rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 09:18:00 PM

This is the best strategy I know. The most important thing is that it does not require much effort or time from you. Therefore, most ivnestors choose HODL.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 09:26:45 PM

HODL doesn't work every time and should not be the only strategy that an investor should look into. If you really don't have the time or have the appetite to learn about the market, then HODL can work for you. But, if you are a risk-taker and want to learn, I would suggest doing part-time trading with a partial investment. The rest you can hold and see it grow or shrink with time. Also, investing in the right coin is crucial here. If you invest in the wrong coin, HODL will never work. Click the link in my signature, I created videos of my results.

Honestly HODL even hardly be called a strategy. Well, what is the strategy if you just keep the money in your wallet and have nothing to do with them? Strategy is the order of action depending on the situation. With strategic manipulation, it is necessary to perform at least some minimal actions. It's just stupid waiting for something to happen.
minhlee95

Activity: 527
Merit: 101

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 09:40:02 PM

HODL - this is a great strategy for investing, but it can only be considered as an additional income, as it is a very long-playing investment. You will surely get your profit from bitcoin, but it will not happen soon.

Marbelli

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 10:37:07 PM

It is very funny to read about how a person made a mistake in describing a topic, and this topic became the most discussed one in the entire forum histor

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
bubislav

Activity: 395
Merit: 102

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:20:21 PM

HODL - this is a great strategy for investing, but it can only be considered as an additional income, as it is a very long-playing investment. You will surely get your profit from bitcoin, but it will not happen soon.

Hodling forever isn't good idea but cryptocurrencies can bring a lot of profits. Considering the hype i will join to next possible trend.

tarukam
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:15:39 PM

that's a good story. hopefully it can motivate many people to start holding. many beginner traders who always panic when the market is on them they continue to panic when they see prices going down and selling their coins despite the loss I think it is a wrong action and can make you bankrupt. I think they need to learn a lot from these successful holders not to panic in trading

otong

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:35:45 PM

I know HODL from getting to know our business can hold back and learn patiently about this HODL problem and I think this is a good way in bitcoin because it doesn't harm other parties and we think so
Elerntta

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 09:36:27 PM

Long-term investment is good for those who do not want to delve into bitcoin technology and a variety of investment strategies. I, for example, adhere to this strategy and it is most convenient for me.

bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 09:45:16 PM

I don't see anything wrong with long-term investing. Moreover, I consider this strategy to be the most profitable, promising and convenient even for a novice investor. You do not need any special knowledge or skills to earn with bitcoin.

Apple Mac

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:15:16 PM

Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is a payment system at its core and we should give first priority to use it as a payment system instead of looking to earn from the speculation activities. Bitcoin is valuable today just because the early adopters decided to use their Bitcoins as a payment system instead of holding their funds. As of now I am trying to spend at least 50% of my funds and hold rest of the 50% funds to balance my activities in the crypto sector.

Well that's right. Holding is a best way for you not to lose the profit that you are making Bitcoin is known for extensive ups anf downs of the price and people tend to still have their profit as a whole with tthe help of holding. Holding is good but when it was used to much, I think you are making yourself starve, that is not a good thing.

Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 10:37:23 PM

Well, he made a good move lol.

Depends on the market. In this market, I'm unsure about the price. It was a lot easier to suggest HODL back in 2013.
For every Bitcoin I acquire (through the programming services I provide), I usually sell 50%, and HODL 50%

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:44:07 PM

neither perspective nor meaning of HODL has changed
HODL for dear life despite the price, despite any problems
just make sure you know when to sell Smiley because you cannot just hodl for hold's sake
I swear many HODLers were more than happy to offload coins at 17.000$ last December
investment in bitcoins is good because of the deflationary mechanism inbuilt and that every lost coin makes other coins more valuable
so HODL and know the price you want to sell at, easy as that

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 03:47:20 AM

Its true that HODL strategy is good for cryptocurrency. Its long term investment and need more time for growing bigger. We can not expect make quick profits in cryptocurrency because its bad for market for long term
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 08:40:14 AM

Its true that HODL strategy is good for cryptocurrency.
Avoid generalizing the term hold to all crypto because that is not a good move. Some of them are good to dump at the first bullish move and moving on because they are not going to do well in future. What you think on a certain crypto has to be on your analysis. What coins to dump and which coins to hodl is a tough thing to decide on but as you again more experience you should be able to do it.

Its long term investment and need more time for growing bigger. We can not expect make quick profits in cryptocurrency because its bad for market for long term
You can make quick profits but the number of times you can make that will only depend on how far the market gets manipulated in your favor and as your luck.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Kahoy01

Activity: 481

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 08:46:29 AM

What is HODL?
The very first time the term HODL appeared on the Bitcoin talk forum was in 2013 and came from a member named GameKyuubi under the thread “I AM HODLING”.
From the look of the post, he was drunk and wanted to convey the fact that he was holding his BTC despite the serious fall that had just happened.

Since then, this misspelled term became very popular in the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency world. Whenever a person says in a conversation that he/she is hodling or suggests to hodl, it means that they believe their coin will be profitable one day, if not today.

So basically, “HODL” was originally a typo which has now popularly earned the status of a humorous backronym:
HODL” – “Hold on for dear life”

Kwatwani, S. (2018, February 2). What is "HODL" in the Cryptocurrency World? + Must Know Cryptocurrency Terms [Web log post].
Retrieved from https://coinsutra.com/hodl-popular-cryptocurrency-terms/

So let's cut now the history of the term. Well I want to share to you my perspective about the HODL strategy, We were all a newbie once in everything like the cryptocurrency, trading, mining, investing, etc. Most of us chooses the path of being a trader either a full time/part time, day trading/long term holding.

Most of us experienced the markets bears and bulls and as a newbie we're seeking for a right answer and most of the answer we've got from different peoples, articles and videos online is the term "HODL" and they said that it is the best way to do whenever there's a bear market, is it the right thing to do?

At first I believe in that saying because I don't have any knowledge about cryptos but after being having an experience in this forum, trading and investing to ICO's I just realized that it's not always the best way or the best strategy in cryptocurrency industry, in my case whenever there's a bear market I am analyzing the market and there's a time that we need to cut our loses and study different cryptos in the market wherein we can take advantage and earn more rather than waiting for a long time until the market recovers.

Well, the only disadvantages I've seen so far is that if your analyzation  is wrong and you've invested to a wrong coin.

Just like what I've said not all the time HODL is the best, we should consider other strategies as well. This is all according to my own perspective and opinion, I would be glad if you will give yours  Smiley

Hodl is a long term investment strategy that is only effective for the coins that have potential in the market. Most of the holders loses their 98% of their investment because of holding a wrong crypto.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 08:49:47 AM

What is HODL?
The very first time the term HODL appeared on the Bitcoin talk forum was in 2013 and came from a member named GameKyuubi under the thread “I AM HODLING”.
From the look of the post, he was drunk and wanted to convey the fact that he was holding his BTC despite the serious fall that had just happened.

Since then, this misspelled term became very popular in the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency world. Whenever a person says in a conversation that he/she is hodling or suggests to hodl, it means that they believe their coin will be profitable one day, if not today.

So basically, “HODL” was originally a typo which has now popularly earned the status of a humorous backronym:

Kwatwani, S. (2018, February 2). What is "HODL" in the Cryptocurrency World? + Must Know Cryptocurrency Terms [Web log post].

So let's cut now the history of the term. Well I want to share to you my perspective about the HODL strategy, We were all a newbie once in everything like the cryptocurrency, trading, mining, investing, etc. Most of us chooses the path of being a trader either a full time/part time, day trading/long term holding.

Most of us experienced the markets bears and bulls and as a newbie we're seeking for a right answer and most of the answer we've got from different peoples, articles and videos online is the term "HODL" and they said that it is the best way to do whenever there's a bear market, is it the right thing to do?

At first I believe in that saying because I don't have any knowledge about cryptos but after being having an experience in this forum, trading and investing to ICO's I just realized that it's not always the best way or the best strategy in cryptocurrency industry, in my case whenever there's a bear market I am analyzing the market and there's a time that we need to cut our loses and study different cryptos in the market wherein we can take advantage and earn more rather than waiting for a long time until the market recovers.

Well, the only disadvantages I've seen so far is that if your analyzation  is wrong and you've invested to a wrong coin.

Just like what I've said not all the time HODL is the best, we should consider other strategies as well. This is all according to my own perspective and opinion, I would be glad if you will give yours  Smiley

Hodl is a long term investment strategy that is only effective for the coins that have potential in the market. Most of the holders loses their 98% of their investment because of holding a wrong crypto.

like bitcoin these days.

joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:04:22 AM

Its wise to HODL only coins and token you are sure will survive for years and mean business in what they do ,with good roadmap and serious team behind the project then nothing can go wrong so do some serious research before you decide to HODL.

SkustaClee

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:19:57 AM

What is HODL?

Well, the only disadvantages I've seen so far is that if your analyzation  is wrong and you've invested to a wrong coin.

Just like what I've said not all the time HODL is the best, we should consider other strategies as well. This is all according to my own perspective and opinion, I would be glad if you will give yours  Smiley

It is good to do hodl to the coins that are worth it. If the coin is worthless and you do hodl strategy with it,  100% sure that you will lose your money. We should only hold cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, ethereum and xrp.
_Mikasa_

Activity: 234
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:03:50 AM

Actually Before I comment on HODL or no HODL, I need to say it depends how you purchased the coin and at what price.
Suppose I purchase something at $100, it means I am confident on my research that its price is $100, if now market start trading at 90$ and my research still says it is good at $100, then I will HOLD. If I now come to some new facts that make me believe that it actual price $80. then I will sell at $90 at once.

This is a really good statement. Today's market opens a very good opportunity for new investors because the dip is too much but we can still see the use of that cryptocurrencies especially bitcoin. But on the other hand, hodlers lose too much money exponentially which is really a pain in the ass. So i do think it is much better to lose a smaller value and invest it in other alt coins instead of hodling it and losing a lot more money.
ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:06:10 AM

LoL! Drunkenness is next to brilliance. Imagine what he did for being drunk and accidentally made the word HODL on his post. I guess I should start drinking and might invent a time-machine.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: