Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:58:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352313 times)
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:20:08 PM

whops some dumps today ... someone is tired waiting

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Delaforetnoire

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:35:02 PM

Good for me, I re-bought for about 15 LTC

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
wulagui

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:47:32 PM

In order for Karma to succeed and last among the bunch of altcoins. It needs good community support (and hopefully a new logo  Tongue) and uses for it(lotto, donating, games, etc.).

If not then its just going to die like many others that came before it.

GET 100K FREE NBC.8399556404097461232
TheSmurfsCoin.Tgne4H9vvVDgTPiEu9AKFzHCm9S2WW7Qa1
ExtremeDice

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:34:13 PM

Will be adding Karamcoin to xtremedice.com tonight. If anyone wants to help bankroll the house KNGGJXUJiqbM5EgUA9vwu7YdYT1bnrQSdM

Cheers
Delaforetnoire

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:05:38 PM

Will be adding Karamcoin to xtremedice.com tonight. If anyone wants to help bankroll the house KNGGJXUJiqbM5EgUA9vwu7YdYT1bnrQSdM

Cheers
Just sent you 1 000 000 for bankroll !

Insert Quote
In order for Karma to succeed and last among the bunch of altcoins. It needs good community support (and hopefully a new logo  Tongue) and uses for it(lotto, donating, games, etc.).

We are one of the most active coin with a real business plan and full time dedicated team.
Please read our Dev Reddit if you want to see news and plans.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmacoinme

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:51:01 PM

What about making service that someone can get steam codes for karma ....alot of crypto users play games can be usefull
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 12:30:51 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 03:05:57 AM by kosmost

In order for Karma to succeed and last among the bunch of altcoins. It needs good community support (and hopefully a new logo  Tongue) and uses for it(lotto, donating, games, etc.).

I understand that you're 16 and need a new bike, Wula (from another post of yours). Let's imagine that you can get it for FREE with Karmacoin. How's that, you ask?

• Every time you get your lunch at Kung Fu they give you 5 Karma
  • Your school offers 10 Karma for every 优秀 grade. You are a good student so you got many this year
  • Did you visit the library? Well, you only got 2 Karma each time but you went a lot
  • Your friends shared some Karma with you on Wechat
  • Go to Lawson every few days for your family? Pick up some more Karma
  • Your relatives gave you some Karma for CNY
  • Do you volunteer somewhere? The local community shelter gives you Karmacoin for your time. (This, by the way, causes volunteering to be extremely popular!)
  • You have a small business selling earrings on Weibo (don't laugh!) that you accept Karmacoin for

In future you can earn Karmacoin by getting good grades in school, shopping, being a good employee, being social, trading with your friends, and more. Now you have enough points to get your bike. Guess what? You find a store that accepts Karma. No yen needed! Give them only part of the 1,380 Karma you have in your KarmaPay account. (You may not have a bank account like so many billions around the world, but a KarmaPay "bank" account is easy to register and accepts everyone, no matter if young or old, rich or poor, online or offline. You won't find any other coin thinking of their future like this.)

Oneday soon, schools around the world will realize that the best way to improve students' grades is not by buying them expensive iPads, for example, but by giving them incentives and rewards for choosing to study more and improve their grades. For a fraction of the cost of a new tablet for every student they can get Karmacoin and likely see better results. The effect of an iPad wears off quickly (and what student wouldn't play games on it all the time?). But with Karmacoin students can, at each moment, think "good actions = Karma = something I want".

Companies can also use it as part of their employee bonus or reward program. Not every company can afford to raise salaries every year and provide bonuses to keep their good employees. But what if a small % chose to supplement their programs with Karmacoin, instead? This also extends to retail shops and other small businesses, and of course person-to-person.

Is this a fantasy? No, it's Karmacoin in 5-10 years

We are making baby steps now so that Karmacoin isn't "just another coin" with donations, games, lotto. Yes, those things can help to some degree. But we're not only thinking long-term but being more global and having revenue and benefiting hundreds of millions of people around the world. I agree that the most important thing is community. But even better is a community that has a plan to help many, many more people outside the community. And so here we are.

By using Karmacoin, you're much richer than you think. With Karmacoin you multiplied your wealth through your actions and relationships. Now imagine millions of people feeling the same way about Karmacoin. ("I earned myself a bike and I didn't even need money!" or "I did something good and people gave me lots of Karma!" heard from millions of people around the world every day)

The opposite of "interest" (with traditional money in your bank) is Karma. The current financial system is an infinite loop, because more money is owed than actually exists. It's an ingenious system and it's had a good run, but it's not sustainable. But with Karmacoin, you are rewarded for what you already have: actions and relationships. (Don't be surprised if Karmacoin becomes more popular than Bitcoin in 10 years because of this simple statement. Bitcoin is cryptocurrency based on an unsustainable economic system whereas Karmacoin is a cryptocurrency based on a sustainable economic system. Bitcoin is great, and I use it myself, but it's probably not the future of currency.)

Would you rather owe more money (through interest) or owe actions and relationships (with Karma)?

We plan to be a BIG business so that we can make lots of money and do good things for people around the world (donating a % of profits, helpful projects, and most important setting up a platform so people can be rewarded for goodness.)

Is all this possible? Yes, certainly. Karmacoin is in a perfect position to make that happen. No other coin has this concept, and it would not be easy for them to integrate the concept. It will all become clear within the next few months and then every other coin will be thinking, "why didn't I think of that first?" 读书须用意,一字值千金 ...and one simple idea can be worth billions of dollars and warm millions of hearts.

This is only the beginning Smiley

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
jdun

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:10:41 AM

Wow, I can buy a lot of coins for almost nothing. I think I'll add this coin to my list of coins to collect. I like the name and i like the ideas surrounding this coin.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 02:26:50 AM

Wow, I can buy a lot of coins for almost nothing. I think I'll add this coin to my list of coins to collect. I like the name and i like the ideas surrounding this coin.

True, for now at least. You could have bought a lot of Bitcoins for nearly nothing, too, back in the day. ($500 worth of Bitcoin at the beginning would have been worth several hundred million $ at its peak)

Welcome to Karmacoin!

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 03:02:39 AM

I am really happy with the developement of this coin. So much has happend in the last days, it's awesome!

Yes, and the next few days may bring even greater rewards Smiley

Delaforetnoire

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:59:44 AM

Welcome aboard my Karma-friends !

Don't forget to join us on Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmacoin/
And invite your friends !

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
tomoto

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:09:16 PM

Buy support is low today.

The big one removes their order not nice.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 01:36:23 AM

Mintpal is under attack.

It is very wise to move LTC from there until the situation is resolved.

I doubt it has to do with Karmacoin.

ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:43:12 AM

Mintpal is under attack.

It is very wise to move LTC from there until the situation is resolved.

I doubt it has to do with Karmacoin.

BTCe was as well today.   Glad I don't keep any of my coins on the exchanges.  You never know when something will happen.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:22:22 AM

In order for Karma to succeed and last among the bunch of altcoins. It needs good community support (and hopefully a new logo  Tongue) and uses for it(lotto, donating, games, etc.).

I understand that you're 16 and need a new bike, Wula (from another post of yours). Let's imagine that you can get it for FREE with Karmacoin. How's that, you ask?

• Every time you get your lunch at Kung Fu they give you 5 Karma
  • Your school offers 10 Karma for every 优秀 grade. You are a good student so you got many this year
  • Did you visit the library? Well, you only got 2 Karma each time but you went a lot
  • Your friends shared some Karma with you on Wechat
  • Go to Lawson every few days for your family? Pick up some more Karma
  • Your relatives gave you some Karma for CNY
  • Do you volunteer somewhere? The local community shelter gives you Karmacoin for your time. (This, by the way, causes volunteering to be extremely popular!)
  • You have a small business selling earrings on Weibo (don't laugh!) that you accept Karmacoin for

In future you can earn Karmacoin by getting good grades in school, shopping, being a good employee, being social, trading with your friends, and more. Now you have enough points to get your bike. Guess what? You find a store that accepts Karma. No yen needed! Give them only part of the 1,380 Karma you have in your KarmaPay account. (You may not have a bank account like so many billions around the world, but a KarmaPay "bank" account is easy to register and accepts everyone, no matter if young or old, rich or poor, online or offline. You won't find any other coin thinking of their future like this.)

Oneday soon, schools around the world will realize that the best way to improve students' grades is not by buying them expensive iPads, for example, but by giving them incentives and rewards for choosing to study more and improve their grades. For a fraction of the cost of a new tablet for every student they can get Karmacoin and likely see better results. The effect of an iPad wears off quickly (and what student wouldn't play games on it all the time?). But with Karmacoin students can, at each moment, think "good actions = Karma = something I want".

Companies can also use it as part of their employee bonus or reward program. Not every company can afford to raise salaries every year and provide bonuses to keep their good employees. But what if a small % chose to supplement their programs with Karmacoin, instead? This also extends to retail shops and other small businesses, and of course person-to-person.

Is this a fantasy? No, it's Karmacoin in 5-10 years

We are making baby steps now so that Karmacoin isn't "just another coin" with donations, games, lotto. Yes, those things can help to some degree. But we're not only thinking long-term but being more global and having revenue and benefiting hundreds of millions of people around the world. I agree that the most important thing is community. But even better is a community that has a plan to help many, many more people outside the community. And so here we are.

By using Karmacoin, you're much richer than you think. With Karmacoin you multiplied your wealth through your actions and relationships. Now imagine millions of people feeling the same way about Karmacoin. ("I earned myself a bike and I didn't even need money!" or "I did something good and people gave me lots of Karma!" heard from millions of people around the world every day)

The opposite of "interest" (with traditional money in your bank) is Karma. The current financial system is an infinite loop, because more money is owed than actually exists. It's an ingenious system and it's had a good run, but it's not sustainable. But with Karmacoin, you are rewarded for what you already have: actions and relationships. (Don't be surprised if Karmacoin becomes more popular than Bitcoin in 10 years because of this simple statement. Bitcoin is cryptocurrency based on an unsustainable economic system whereas Karmacoin is a cryptocurrency based on a sustainable economic system. Bitcoin is great, and I use it myself, but it's probably not the future of currency.)

Would you rather owe more money (through interest) or owe actions and relationships (with Karma)?

We plan to be a BIG business so that we can make lots of money and do good things for people around the world (donating a % of profits, helpful projects, and most important setting up a platform so people can be rewarded for goodness.)

Is all this possible? Yes, certainly. Karmacoin is in a perfect position to make that happen. No other coin has this concept, and it would not be easy for them to integrate the concept. It will all become clear within the next few months and then every other coin will be thinking, "why didn't I think of that first?" 读书须用意,一字值千金 ...and one simple idea can be worth billions of dollars and warm millions of hearts.

This is only the beginning Smiley
I don't think we coul go this far srsly but it would be def. nice!
ky_storm

Activity: 105

@ky_storm

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:19:55 AM

Long time no see karmacoin.
I was doubted if karmacoin can restore its value while the half block reward coming.
Since now it's popular with the BC、FAC and etc, how is karacoin?
They grown up without mining itself.
How is our POS plan going?
Suddenly i can't see the future and find no reson to buy more.

LOL, actually i just saw our thread is too cheerless. So i wrote something.
Hope more guys come and discuss it.

Just as quizs:

Do you think karmacoin will move to 2 satoshi? When?

If not? Move to 2 litoshi? Why?

=========================
I just spent some CRYPTSYPOINTS to buy some votes. You can help as well.
Address:https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

And I used to send a email to Bter, request to add Karmacoin.
But got no reply.
BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:35:21 AM

As I mentioned, it's not that hard to edit the block rewards.
The way I understand it is, devs pay coingen.io to create the base and then they modify it to suit their needs.
So the comment that "it has X so it can't be coingen" is unfounded.
I can't comment on the mac client thing, but if it was created on the 27th then that would have given him 7 days or so to compile a mac wallet from the source.
And yes people, I went back in time to the 27th and paid for a coin to be made called karmacoin just so I could troll in this thread.
Best use of time travel ever.
Time-troll out.
Xprim

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:26:33 AM

Long time no see karmacoin.
I was doubted if karmacoin can restore its value while the half block reward coming.
Since now it's popular with the BC、FAC and etc, how is karacoin?
They grown up without mining itself.
How is our POS plan going?
Suddenly i can't see the future and find no reson to buy more.

LOL, actually i just saw our thread is too cheerless. So i wrote something.
Hope more guys come and discuss it.

Just as quizs:

Do you think karmacoin will move to 2 satoshi? When?

If not? Move to 2 litoshi? Why?

=========================
I just spent some CRYPTSYPOINTS to buy some votes. You can help as well.
Address:https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

And I used to send a email to Bter, request to add Karmacoin.
But got no reply.

Wait a few months, hold and spread your karma.
I don't think it will return to 2 satoshi one day. If you want to make some money just buy at 10-11 litoshi on mintpal and wait a few days to sell at 15-16, it's the same scheme for two weeks.
I don't see Karmacoin at 2 litoshi, don't be negative.

tomoto

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:54:57 AM

So what is the interest to keep it if it never come up to 16 litoshi Huh

I dont see any.

If we dont reduce the number to 50b or 60B it will be hard for this coin.

I we dont do pos or something like this nobody would want to keep it.

We need a real change to keep interess and to promote it.
herzogzwei

Activity: 243

reality overcomes

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:19:27 AM

miracle? or a big fucking WHALE who will take all the sell walls.
But now this is another "over 9000 coin" doge wannabe Tongue  and ideas is nothing.
You can say we gonna build up the rocket to the moon sponsoring by karma coins. But it makes serious ppl laugh. just think about it
guys am just tired of all empty promises
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: