Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:32:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RollerBot - Alpha testing begins soon!  (Read 18577 times)
jondecker76 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:07:26 PM

Once I get a user interface slapped on, I will start bringing you guys in slowly.  I haven't forgotten about everyone wanting to help Alpha test - it's a very important part of the development process that will really help me test out capacity of the system.

Thanks for all of your support guys - this has been a lot of work and it's been nice being able to share my development on here without having to deal with the typical negativity and accusations you see fly around here sometimes.

RollerBot Advanced Trading Platform
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447727.0
BTC Donations for development: 1H36oTJsi3adFh68wwzz95tPP2xoAoTmhC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:39:37 PM

I appreciate you even developing this.  For people like me trading can be a pain trying to keep everything straight to make a bit of profit.
This is something that will help so much and maybe make it a bit easier to increase what little I have.
Keep up the great work.

Once I get a user interface slapped on, I will start bringing you guys in slowly.  I haven't forgotten about everyone wanting to help Alpha test - it's a very important part of the development process that will really help me test out capacity of the system.

Thanks for all of your support guys - this has been a lot of work and it's been nice being able to share my development on here without having to deal with the typical negativity and accusations you see fly around here sometimes.

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:24:53 PM

Nothing too exciting today..  Spending some time implementing support for a few more exchanges that I've had on the backburner for a while.  At the rate new exchanges have been appearing, it's beginning to look like RollerBot will end up supporting 25-30 exchanges at launch time, which is a great thing for diversity as well as arbitrage opportunities (and profitability in general).  I may spend the next couple of days just in this area, getting as many of the new exchanges in that I can.

I'm also looking into adding CryptoStocks support for cryptostock trading.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:35:00 PM

Cryptostocks is actually really good.  I have some stock over there.

Nothing too exciting today..  Spending some time implementing support for a few more exchanges that I've had on the backburner for a while.  At the rate new exchanges have been appearing, it's beginning to look like RollerBot will end up supporting 25-30 exchanges at launch time, which is a great thing for diversity as well as arbitrage opportunities (and profitability in general).  I may spend the next couple of days just in this area, getting as many of the new exchanges in that I can.

I'm also looking into adding CryptoStocks support for cryptostock trading.

coingun

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:56:36 AM

This looks awesome! Keep up the great work. Love all the updates. Would be very interested in being in the alpha/beta test group.
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:53:58 AM

Today's progress:

- Added Bittrex support.  Just have to do full verification tests
- Added  AnxBTC support. Just have to do full verification tests
- Got a good start on Poloniex support.  Will pick back up on this tomorrow.

Running some backend tests tonight with Bittrex and AnxBTC running along with the other API Cache daemons.   So far so good as far as system load

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:49:08 AM

Slow day today

Spent most of the day taking the family to the Museum of Natural History for a little break in the action.
Spoke to several exchanges today about API specifics, many of them newer exchanges just starting out.  Again, my goal is to provide a trading platform that will support as many exchanges as possible to offer a lot of diversity.  All I can say is that things are looking great on the exchange front.  While some seem to hate seeing new exchanges popping up - I personally love it.  Competition not only keeps trade fees in check, but the more exchanges that we have the more we can diversify and reduce our personal risk.

I'll be getting an early start tomorrow and hope to get quite a bit accomplished

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:16:51 AM

I agree on the exchange front.
There are too few that are any good and some of the established one's are slow to pick up new coins that are worth it.
I'm hoping that I can earn a bit more using RollerBot to help me navigate through it all.

Slow day today

Spent most of the day taking the family to the Museum of Natural History for a little break in the action.
Spoke to several exchanges today about API specifics, many of them newer exchanges just starting out.  Again, my goal is to provide a trading platform that will support as many exchanges as possible to offer a lot of diversity.  All I can say is that things are looking great on the exchange front.  While some seem to hate seeing new exchanges popping up - I personally love it.  Competition not only keeps trade fees in check, but the more exchanges that we have the more we can diversify and reduce our personal risk.

I'll be getting an early start tomorrow and hope to get quite a bit accomplished

sstark

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:19:27 AM

I'd be interested in beta testing as well. Smiley I am already an active trader.
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:05:22 PM

Daily update, 3-2-2014
Current SVN revision: 275

Today I started a round of verifications and general code cleanup.  I'm going through all currently supported exchanges and doing a full functionality verification, as well as general code cleanups.  This is a bit of a tedious process but is coming along nicely.
I also contacted a few more exchanges today about adding certain features to their API that will allow auto-adding of new currencies and markets as soon as they are added to the exchange.  No huge deal if they don't add the features, it just means that I have to enter new trade pairs into the database manually as they appear.
So far everything is looking good on the timeline for testing and full release dates.  There is going to be a huge push this next two weeks on the interface and frontend services.

I'm going to go lay down now, I haven't been feeling good all day.  Just wanted to post a quick update before I got off of here

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:39:56 AM

Feel better soon.
It's been a cruddy winter for getting sick.

Daily update, 3-2-2014
Current SVN revision: 275

Today I started a round of verifications and general code cleanup.  I'm going through all currently supported exchanges and doing a full functionality verification, as well as general code cleanups.  This is a bit of a tedious process but is coming along nicely.
I also contacted a few more exchanges today about adding certain features to their API that will allow auto-adding of new currencies and markets as soon as they are added to the exchange.  No huge deal if they don't add the features, it just means that I have to enter new trade pairs into the database manually as they appear.
So far everything is looking good on the timeline for testing and full release dates.  There is going to be a huge push this next two weeks on the interface and frontend services.

I'm going to go lay down now, I haven't been feeling good all day.  Just wanted to post a quick update before I got off of here

coingun

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:50:16 PM

Hang in there bud! Lots of sleep and hydration!

Oh the fun times of verification testing all by yourself on 30+ exchanges. I bet that doesn't get dull. Thanks for keeping the updates coming.
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:45:32 PM

Felling pretty terrible today - ended up taking the day off of work.

Today I'm just working from a laptop in bed here and there.  I'm building a verification and testing routine to automate the testing process.  This will make things go much faster in the end but is going to take a little time up front.  It sure beats the tedious process of manually verifying everything!

Timerondsc

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:06:47 PM

I'd like to be a beta tester as well! In the past I actively trade on bitfinex.
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:48:25 AM

Daily update, 3-3-2014
Current SVN revision: 395

I actually got quite a bit done today despite being sick and staying in bed for the most part.
I have the Test and Verification functions done, and have fully verified Cryptsy.  The test takes about 5-10 minutes to run and thoroughly tests all aspects of communicating via API.  It also checks for simple things like DEBUG statements and TODO comments in the associated code.  BTC-e is very close to fully passing the new verification testing.  Tomorrow I hope to have most if not all currently supported exchanges fully verified through the new testing system.

I also improved on some lower-level things, such as minimumquantity limits being stored per-market in the database, as well as decimal places per market (BTC-e is currently the only exchange that needs the decimal places, but it is now there for future exchanges as well).

I'm finding more and more exchanges to add support for.  In fact, I have nearly 50 "stubs" (empty source code files), one for each exchange that I've been able to find.  I'm going to post a screenshot of my current directory where individual files are maintained for managing API connections to the exchanges.  Of course, these aren't all supported (YET!), but I'm very confident of being able to start the Alpha testing with 15 or so fully supported and tested, 20+ by the time I get to Beta, and 30+ by launch time, and eventually every exchange out there that exposes a trading API.  If anyone knows of any other exchanges that I'm missing, please bring them to my attention and I'll be sure to create a stub file to make sure I don't forget to add support for it.

I was testing the API Cache daemon early in the day, and with 6 exchanges running I was showing 111 currencies being supported in 201 different markets.  I can't wait to get the rest of these exchanges verified through testing so that I can get back to the UI stuff and preparing for Alpha testing.  Hopefully I'll be back on the UI later this week.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:32:45 AM

That is a beast!
I hope you are starting to feel better.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:17:50 PM

Today's progress:

- Added Bittrex support.  Just have to do full verification tests
- Added  AnxBTC support. Just have to do full verification tests
- Got a good start on Poloniex support.  Will pick back up on this tomorrow.

Running some backend tests tonight with Bittrex and AnxBTC running along with the other API Cache daemons.   So far so good as far as system load

Good news, I know the team at AnxBTC, buzz me if you need help.

nymbus1

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:23:42 AM

Hello jon. Please add one here as a Beta Tester too! Thanks.
9inety7even

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:59:19 AM

Add me to the list of alpha testers, this looks great!

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:11:20 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 09:23:07 AM by jondecker76

Daily update, 3-4-2014
Current SVN revision: 458
Number of source code files: ---
Lines of Code: ---
Currencies Supported: 147
Code:
42,ALF,ALP,AMC,ANC,ARG,ASC,AUR,BCX,BEN,BET,BFC,BOC,BQC,BTB,BTC,BTE,BTG,BTQ,BUK,CACH,CAP,CASH,CAT,CDC,CENT,CGB,CIN,CLR,CMC,CNC,COL,CPR,CRC,CSC,CTM,DBL,DEM,DGC,DMD,DOGE,DRK,DTC,DVC,EAC,ELC,ELP,EMD,EUR,EXC,EZC,FFC,FLO,FRC,FRE,FRK,FST,FTC,GDC,GLC,GLD,GLX,GME,GRW,HBN,HYC,I0C,IFC,IXC,JKC,KGC,LBW,LEAF,LK7,LKY,LOT,LTC,MAX,MEC,MEM,MEOW,MINT,MMC,MNC,MOON,MST,NAN,NBL,NEC,NET,NIB,NMC,NOBL,NRB,NUC,NVC,NXT,ORB,OSC,PHS,PPC,PTS,PWC,PXC,PYC,Points,QRK,RCH,REC,RED,RPC,RYC,SBC,SMC,SPT,SRC,STR,SXC,TAG,TEA,TEK,TGC,TIPS,TIX,TRC,UNO,USD,VLC,VTC,WDC,XJO,XNC,XPM,YAC,YBC,ZCC,ZEIT,ZET
Markets Supported: 272
Code:
42-BTC,ALF-BTC,ALP-BTC,ALP-LTC,AMC-BTC,AMC-LTC,ANC-BTC,ANC-LTC,ARG-BTC,ARG-LTC,ASC-BTC,ASC-DOGE,ASC-LTC,ASC-XPM,AUR-BTC,AUR-LTC,BCX-BTC,BEN-BTC,BET-BTC,BET-LTC,BFC-BTC,BOC-BTC,BOC-LTC,BQC-BTC,BQC-CNY,BQC-LTC,BTB-BTC,BTB-CNY,BTC-BTC,BTC-CNY,BTC-EUR,BTC-RUR,BTC-USD,BTE-BTC,BTG-BTC,BTQ-CNY,BUK-BTC,CACH-BTC,CAP-BTC,CASH-BTC,CAT-BTC,CAT-DOGE,CAT-LTC,CDC-BTC,CENT-CNY,CENT-LTC,CGB-BTC,CGB-LTC,CIN-BTC,CLR-BTC,CMC-BTC,CMC-CNY,CNC-BTC,CNC-CNY,CNC-LTC,COL-LTC,COL-XPM,CPR-LTC,CRC-BTC,CSC-BTC,CTM-BTC,CTM-DOGE,CTM-LTC,DBL-LTC,DEM-BTC,DEM-LTC,DGC-BTC,DGC-CNY,DGC-LTC,DMD-BTC,DOGE-BTC,DOGE-CNY,DOGE-LTC,DRK-BTC,DTC-BTC,DTC-CNY,DVC-BTC,DVC-CNY,DVC-LTC,DVC-XPM,EAC-BTC,EAC-DOGE,EAC-LTC,ELC-BTC,ELP-BTC,ELP-LTC,EMD-BTC,EUR-BTC,EUR-RUR,EUR-USD,EXC-BTC,EXC-CNY,EZC-BTC,EZC-LTC,FFC-BTC,FFC-DOGE,FFC-LTC,FLO-BTC,FLO-LTC,FRC-BTC,FRC-CNY,FRC-LTC,FRE-BTC,FRK-BTC,FRK-LTC,FST-BTC,FST-LTC,FTC-BTC,FTC-CNY,FTC-LTC,GDC-BTC,GLC-BTC,GLC-LTC,GLD-BTC,GLD-LTC,GLX-BTC,GME-LTC,GRW-BTC,HBN-BTC,HYC-BTC,I0C-BTC,IFC-BTC,IFC-CNY,IFC-DOGE,IFC-LTC,IFC-XPM,IXC-BTC,JKC-BTC,JKC-LTC,KGC-BTC,KGC-LTC,LBW-BTC,LEAF-BTC,LK7-BTC,LKY-BTC,LOT-BTC,LOT-DOGE,LOT-LTC,LTC-BTC,LTC-CNY,LTC-EUR,LTC-RUR,LTC-USD,MAX-BTC,MAX-CNY,MEC-BTC,MEC-CNY,MEC-LTC,MEM-LTC,MEOW-BTC,MINT-BTC,MINT-CNY,MMC-BTC,MMC-CNY,MNC-BTC,MOON-BTC,MOON-DOGE,MOON-LTC,MST-LTC,NAN-BTC,NBL-BTC,NEC-BTC,NET-BTC,NET-CNY,NET-LTC,NET-XPM,NIB-BTC,NMC-BTC,NMC-CNY,NMC-LTC,NMC-USD,NOBL-BTC,NOBL-DOGE,NOBL-LTC,NRB-BTC,NUC-BTC,NVC-BTC,NVC-USD,NXT-BTC,NXT-CNY,NXT-LTC,ORB-BTC,ORB-LTC,OSC-BTC,PHS-BTC,PPC-BTC,PPC-CNY,PPC-LTC,PPC-USD,PPC-XPM,PTS-BTC,PTS-CNY,PWC-BTC,PXC-BTC,PXC-LTC,PYC-BTC,Points-BTC,QRK-BTC,QRK-CNY,QRK-LTC,QRK-XPM,RCH-BTC,RCH-LTC,REC-BTC,REC-LTC,RED-BTC,RED-CNY,RED-LTC,RPC-BTC,RYC-LTC,SBC-BTC,SBC-LTC,SMC-BTC,SMC-DOGE,SMC-LTC,SPT-BTC,SRC-BTC,SRC-CNY,STR-BTC,SXC-BTC,SXC-DOGE,SXC-LTC,TAG-BTC,TAG-CNY,TAG-DOGE,TAG-LTC,TEA-BTC,TEA-DOGE,TEA-LTC,TEK-BTC,TGC-BTC,TGC-LTC,TIPS-CNY,TIPS-LTC,TIX-CNY,TIX-LTC,TIX-XPM,TRC-BTC,UNO-BTC,UNO-DOGE,USD-BTC,USD-RUR,VLC-BTC,VLC-LTC,VTC-BTC,VTC-CNY,VTC-DOGE,VTC-LTC,WDC-BTC,WDC-CNY,WDC-DOGE,WDC-LTC,XJO-BTC,XNC-BTC,XNC-LTC,XPM-BTC,XPM-CNY,XPM-LTC,YAC-BTC,YAC-CNY,YAC-LTC,YBC-BTC,ZCC-BTC,ZCC-CNY,ZEIT-BTC,ZEIT-DOGE,ZEIT-LTC,ZET-BTC,ZET-CNY,ZET-DOGE,ZET-LTC
Improving the format of the daily report.  I'm going to start including the number of supported currencies and markets each day. The numbers above are actual numbers - Rollerbot now supports 147 different currencies in 272 different markets! (and that's just with 3 of the exchanges having fully passed the new verification testing!)

Sick in bed today again, but I still got some good things done. Cryptsy, BTC-e and BTer are all fully verified via automated testing.  BTer was a real PITA, as they have a pretty nasty bug in their API which reports a meaningless order_id on placement of a new order.  Luckily I've found a suitable workaround that passed 1000 iterations of full verification testing.
Vircurex is 95% verified with just some small changes to do in the order system to pass the new verification testing.
Coins-e and CoinEx are both very close to passing the new verification testing as well.

The automated testing system is really paying off.  It has already found many small inconsistencies and bugs that would have otherwise made it through to production release.  From now on, any change made to one of the exchange API interface files will automatically trigger a verification test to run to help ensure nothing sneaks through to the production environment.

Tomorrow I will continue to work on getting full verification testing done on more of the exchanges (I have 15 of them technically done when it comes to programming, I just have to run the tests and make any necessary changes)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: