Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:06:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RollerBot - Alpha testing begins soon!  (Read 18577 times)
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:49:46 PM

Just posting a quick update

A lot of stuff going on.
-The move to Amazon EC2 should be complete tomorrow
-I am almost done with all of the CRUD interface code for the website to safely interact with the database. Extra care is being taken to ensure MySQL injection is guarded against. All queries are properly escaped and parameterized and internally generated authentication tokens are also used to ensure passed-in parameters are not tampered with.
- A lot of effort is going into the user authentication and authorization system.  Security is absolutely the number 1 concern and protection is being built-in for just about any attack imaginable.
- Along with security, I made a change to the accounts interaction of the website.  Public and private keys will never be shown once they are entered.  Under public or private keys in the display, it will either show as "<entered>" or <not entered>".  They can be changed, but they will never be viewable after they are entered.
- I've brought in a jquery/jqwidgets expert to help with the interface.  I absolutely hate working with javascript (it's so messy) so this will free my hands to get back into the guts of Rollerbot.  FYI, this second party does not have access to the server or the database, only the the CRUD interface that I have built to allow UI interaction.  On top of that, the CRUD interface is currently pointed to a test database.  Rest assured that I will remain the only person with full access to sensitive information (including database schema, database contents, etc.).  I can't stress enough that security is my number one focus.

I'll post more updates as they come.  I may be quiet for a few days while I wrap up some of these loose ends.  Also, I have to remember the wife on Valentine's day - she's been awful supportive of my full-time dedication to getting Rollerbot out to the community.

Thanks again everybody for the support and interest in this project

Never forget the missus on Valentine's day.
Mental note.

@jondecker76, Have a good weekend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shaun2007182

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:01:41 PM

yes my wife moans im on the pc all the time lol.

keep up the good work.  cannot wait to see this working

USDe - GYWpEVSNJMdiirfx5fxqrY6rJGnLtsFDJV

★★★  USDe    THE FREE PEOPLE'S CURRENCY  ★★★
penguinpyro

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:08:42 AM

Why would you sell access to pairs when you could just make it an investment fund with other people investing money ?
You could earn much faster ( people get 90% of the money made on their investments and you keep 10 %) and it could be simpler.

personally that sounds dumb as hell, who on these forums would give btc to someone offering to give them more later?
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:40:02 AM

I'd like to beta test as well. I actively trade on btce and bitfinex.
vmmo96

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:43:55 AM

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
jondecker76 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:51:43 AM

Things are still going well with Rollerbot

The servers at Amazon AWS are all set up now.  Over the next week I'll be working on moving the cache system into the Elastiweb Redis in-memory cache, working on imrovements to the API daemon system and getting things running again.

The UI is coming along nicely and there is now full ability to Add/Edit/Delete exchange accounts, and partial support for building strategies.  I'll post some pictures in the next couple of days

RollerBot Advanced Trading Platform
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447727.0
BTC Donations for development: 1H36oTJsi3adFh68wwzz95tPP2xoAoTmhC
maursader

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:32:27 AM

Really looking forward to seeing updates, the screenshots specifically!
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:02:24 AM

I have not done as much trading as I would like due to the difficulty in messing around on each exchange so much.
When you are ready for testers I would like to be one for it.

ozlitecoin

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:49:27 PM

looks fantastic. count me in for testing or any other help you need.
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:07:56 PM

Just posting some shots of the progress so far.
The UI is coming along nicely.  The user registration/authorization/authentication system is up and working.
Exchange accounts can be added/edited/deleted from your profile
Strategy names and descriptions can now be Added/edited/deleted. 

Much of the work now has to go into the strategy system.  This is how setting up your account and strategies will work:
- After registration, you go into your profile settings and add Exchange accounts.  You can setup multiple accounts per exchange, and select from all of the supported exchanges Rollerbot has to offer.
- After you have all of your exchange accounts set up (more can be added at any time), then you will be ready to create your first strategy.  Under the "Strategies" tab you will create a strategy name and description.  Selecting one of these strategies once entered will bring you to an area where the strategy can be configured.  This will be done by selecting one or more of your accounts, defining the trade pairs for each account, then finally which trading plugins you want to run for each trade pair for each account.  You will be able to configure this any way you want - multiple plugins per trade pair (even multiple instances of the same plugin), one plugin per tradepair - whatever you want.
- Manage your settings.  Each plugin instance has it's own settings group.  For every single plugin under every tradepair under every account you have individual settings so that you can fine-tune your strategy.
- Make as many strategies as you want.  Only one strategy can be active at a time, but you can switch between them on the fly.  Switch to a high risk strategy during times of high market volatility, and then to a lower risk hold position during flat market times with one click.

Here are some sneak peeks of the UI so far:

Exchange accounts list:

Editing existing account:

Adding new account:

Strategies list:

Editing a strategy:

Back to work!

maursader

Activity: 509

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:06:15 PM

Looks good Jon!
Hektek

Activity: 329

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:43:16 PM

Hi there

Any chance to join the Beta Test, the Tool looks really awesome!

best regards

Hektek

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:49:19 PM

Hi there

best regards

Hektek

In time I'll go through all of the beta test requests and send out some information.  I'm going to do my best to get as many of you guys as possible into the beta to give things a good test.  My goal is to have things ready by March 15th to kick off the beta.  If things go well, hopefully even sooner Smiley

ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 09:56:14 PM

This looks awesome! Put me in for beta tester and reseller if you are planning to accept that!

wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:35:11 AM

Sounds awesome! Would love to help on the beta tester side at the least
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:32:52 AM

Just popping in real quick.
I spent most of today getting the Amazon AWS redis Elasticache setup.  Everything seems to be working now, so now I need to go through the code that uses the old disk-based cache and update it to use the blazing fast redis cache.  Considering that the cache is normally under a 500+ I/O per second load, this should end up being a tremendous speed-up due to reducing all that disk I/O.

I also have the database fully setup on the new server.  Hopefully these next changes go smoothly and I can actually fire the rollerbot backend up very soon to start storing trade history locally again.

zebaroo

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:46:48 PM

As a software developer of 15 years, your approach and choice of technology sounds spot-on to me, and so I've registered on this forum simply to request to be a beta tester when you're ready.  I have plenty of Linux command line experience (if that's still a concern now that you're building a UI), and I'm excited to see the project progress!

zebaroo
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:03:50 PM

As a software developer of 15 years, your approach and choice of technology sounds spot-on to me, and so I've registered on this forum simply to request to be a beta tester when you're ready.  I have plenty of Linux command line experience (if that's still a concern now that you're building a UI), and I'm excited to see the project progress!

zebaroo

Thanks for stopping in!
It's nice to hear from from someone that understands the choices in underlying technology (as well as the difficulty in implementing some of it). 
It was pretty hard to take a step back from a perfectly running system only to tear it down and implement things properly for a fully scalable commercial system.  It is delaying the launch date, but in the end things will be done correctly and it will be worth it. 

I'll be in touch!

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:18:38 AM

Daily update on the thread.

The new api daemon system (including new cache integration and load throttling) has been the focus for the day.  It's about 75% done at the moment -  all of the backend daemon changes are done (mainly common (public) API calls).  I just have to get the frontend to start it's own daemon process for individual authenticated user API calls.

For now I've limited my tests to cryptsy.  Over 320 API calls have to be cached in the background.  In my tests, this throttled to just under 40 threads, keeping the local cache at 10 seconds of age.  Each additional user only adds 2 API calls to the total - so you can see where the heaviest lifting is done on the backend server and that adding additional users has very low impact on the overall load.  Anyways, in my tests tonight the processor usage was much lower than expected (0.03 as reported by top).

Moving forward, I have to finish adapting the rest of the exchanges to use the new daemon and cache system, and add the ability to the plugin system to have backend plugins (to be used by the Rollerbot Platform, such as plugins to store trade data to the database), as well as frontend plugins (to be used by individual users, such as trade bot plugins).

Lastly, I started drafting a plugin API.  This one is a ways out, be eventually I hope to provide an API to interface the Rollerbot platform for those who wish to code their own plugins.  I'll probably open-source at least one or two of the simpler plugins as examples.  This will let users that have programming experience program their own plugins (and even share them systemwide with Rollerbot users if they want).  In all actuality it will be the same API that I use to make the plugins, but with the plugin includes dynamically included to protect the source code behind Rollerbot (in which case it's more of an issue of documentation).

That should be it for the night.  I'll check back in tomorrow.  There is a good chance that the entire backend should be back up and running tomorrow and I can actually get some real-life benchmarks.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:44:00 AM

That will be great.
I'm not good at trading on my own and this would be a godsend.
Thanks

Hi there

best regards

Hektek

In time I'll go through all of the beta test requests and send out some information.  I'm going to do my best to get as many of you guys as possible into the beta to give things a good test.  My goal is to have things ready by March 15th to kick off the beta.  If things go well, hopefully even sooner Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: