Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:34:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RollerBot - Alpha testing begins soon!  (Read 18575 times)
area

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:49:27 AM

This is not fast enough moving forward, so I'm going to be overhauling the cache system to spread the load among even more threads

This is a good idea in an ideal world, but are the exchanges going to be okay with you hammering the APIs in this fashion? The (public) orderbook APIs are usually more forgiving, but still, especially if

cache daemons will need to be spawned for each user as well

I could see exchanges starting to blacklist IPs.

Also, if it wasn't clear from my first post (likely), I would be interested in beta testing when things get that far.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shaun2007182

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:30:38 PM

this is exciting although I did not understand all what you said some off it I did.  Cannot wait to see your baby in motion.  Grin

USDe - GYWpEVSNJMdiirfx5fxqrY6rJGnLtsFDJV

★★★  USDe    THE FREE PEOPLE'S CURRENCY  ★★★
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 01:11:18 PM

Jon

All exchanges?
which exchanges are covered by your system?

Maybe you can also charge users per exchange basis
Personally I only use a few main exchanges like Cryptsy, btc-e and Coinex for trading,
and I do not trade all the pairs.

jondecker76 (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:26:42 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 04:37:03 PM by jondecker76

This is not fast enough moving forward, so I'm going to be overhauling the cache system to spread the load among even more threads

This is a good idea in an ideal world, but are the exchanges going to be okay with you hammering the APIs in this fashion? The (public) orderbook APIs are usually more forgiving, but still, especially if

cache daemons will need to be spawned for each user as well

I could see exchanges starting to blacklist IPs.

Also, if it wasn't clear from my first post (likely), I would be interested in beta testing when things get that far.

I've got things hashed out a bit more.  The only APIs that I absolutely have to call even if nobody is using a certain exchange/tradepair is the trade data (to maintain my own tradebook on the back end fur the purpose of calculating slopes EMAs, etc against).  Since these tradebook API calls are almost always public calls, and since they normally keep a large span of time, I can call these infrequently when the backend determines that nobody is running a plugin against a specific exchange/tradepair.

Regarding orderbooks, I have no need to keep a local copy, so i can spawn those daemons as needed (In real world, there will be many currency pairs at any given time that simply won't be being used).

So basically, Based on whether a tradepair is being used or not:
-tradehistory daemons will kick into either high speed mode or slow speed mode
-orderbook daemons will either kick on or off as needed

As far as private API calls, all I really need is balance data and a data on the user's current open orders, so these calls will just be treated normally as I do now.

I have already been in talks with many of the exchanges and they know what I am doing and have a list of the IP addresses the daemons run on. I'm quite positive that this shouldn't be a problem.  If ever becomes one, I can simply launch daemons in different AWS zones to spread out among more IP addresses (though I don't foresee needing to happen at all)

RollerBot Advanced Trading Platform
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447727.0
BTC Donations for development: 1H36oTJsi3adFh68wwzz95tPP2xoAoTmhC
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:36:36 PM

Jon

All exchanges?

Personally I only use a few main exchanges like Cryptsy, btc-e and Coinex for trading,

I currently support MtGox, BTC-e, Bter, Cryptsy, Crypto-Trade, Coins-e, CoinEx, Bitstamp, C-Cex.io and Vircurex
I have plans of eventually supporting every exchange out there that exposes a full trade API, including some of the big hitters in Asia.

As far as the points system goes, imagine that you get 10 points for a certain fee.  Rules would be like:
*1 point for each exchange to run on
*1 point for each trade pair to run
*1 point for each trade plugin to run

With that example, 10 points could get you:

Cryptsy(1 point) running EMA(1 point) on LTC-BTC(1 point) and DOGE-BTC(1 point)
BTC-e (1 point) running Variance(1 point) and EMA(1 point) on EUR-USD(1 point), PPC-BTC(1 point), and XPM-BTC(1 point)

Basically you could build your strategy with the number of points allotted.  Of course, I will have higher tiers where more points will be included at a better cost-per-point, but I have a lot of details to work out yet.

Also keep in mind that I am building a full "strategy" system.  You could save the above example as "My 10-point BTC-e/Cryptsy strategy", and make one or more entirely different strategies and switch between them at any time.  The point won't be to lock anyone in to one strategy, only con help put a cap on the amount of load it puts on the servers.

I would imagine that most users will be like yourself, wanting to trade their favorite pairs in a few different exchanges.  But I also want to be prepared for the "Big dogs" that want o bite into everything they can.

penguinpyro

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:06:33 PM

I have sent PMs to those inquiring about beta testing

im also interested if testing spots are available
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:24:33 PM

More great happenings today.

I have purchased the domain name and am hard at work getting the website put together.  I'll post more on this once the website coding is done (probably in a few weeks).  By then I should have the move to Amazon AWS complete and can start working on getting some beta testers started.

As I get closer to starting the beta program, I'll contact more people for testing.

shaun2007182

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:24:15 PM

More great happenings today.

I have purchased the domain name and am hard at work getting the website put together.  I'll post more on this once the website coding is done (probably in a few weeks).  By then I should have the move to Amazon AWS complete and can start working on getting some beta testers started.

As I get closer to starting the beta program, I'll contact more people for testing.

all sounding good to me wish i could offer some help but i am thick lol

ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 08:08:56 AM

points system sounds feasible.
do rope in the beta testers once its online,
thanks.

Jon

All exchanges?

I currently support MtGox, BTC-e, Bter, Cryptsy, Crypto-Trade, Coins-e, CoinEx, Bitstamp, C-Cex.io and Vircurex
I have plans of eventually supporting every exchange out there that exposes a full trade API, including some of the big hitters in Asia.

As far as the points system goes, imagine that you get 10 points for a certain fee.  Rules would be like:
*1 point for each exchange to run on
*1 point for each trade pair to run
*1 point for each trade plugin to run

With that example, 10 points could get you:

Cryptsy(1 point) running EMA(1 point) on LTC-BTC(1 point) and DOGE-BTC(1 point)
BTC-e (1 point) running Variance(1 point) and EMA(1 point) on EUR-USD(1 point), PPC-BTC(1 point), and XPM-BTC(1 point)

Basically you could build your strategy with the number of points allotted.  Of course, I will have higher tiers where more points will be included at a better cost-per-point, but I have a lot of details to work out yet.

Also keep in mind that I am building a full "strategy" system.  You could save the above example as "My 10-point BTC-e/Cryptsy strategy", and make one or more entirely different strategies and switch between them at any time.  The point won't be to lock anyone in to one strategy, only con help put a cap on the amount of load it puts on the servers.

I would imagine that most users will be like yourself, wanting to trade their favorite pairs in a few different exchanges.  But I also want to be prepared for the "Big dogs" that want o bite into everything they can.

Juel

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:31:24 PM

This looks amazing! Great work!!!

Im up for beta testing also! Sign me up!

dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:29:56 PM

Would love to test this and subscribe in the future
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:03:12 PM

Working mainly on the website today.  Just standard HTML5/JQuery stuff, nothing too exciting.  Mainly just working on the basic website template and some of the settings and configuration screens. Hopefully I'll be on Amazon AWS by the end of this week so I can really get busy!

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:39:30 AM

Wrapping up for the night

Got a pretty good start on the website.  I concentrated mostly on Add/Edit/Delete exchange accounts.  This is now mostly finished, a little more to do on it tomorrow then I'll start working on the web interface for building strategies.

Here is a quick screen grab of part of the website showing how the account settings are coming along (API keys blacked out for obvious reasons)

ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:33:11 AM

Got a pretty good start on the website.  I concentrated mostly on Add/Edit/Delete exchange accounts.  This is now mostly finished, a little more to do on it tomorrow then I'll start working on the web interface for building strategies.

Here is a quick screen grab of part of the website showing how the account settings are coming along (API keys blacked out for obvious reasons)

thank you for the daily updates.
eager to test your service once it's online.

maursader

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:04:37 AM

Bump for Jon. Awesome progress!!
shaun2007182

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:17:27 AM

looks clear and concise cooll

Juel

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:37:04 PM

Nice!!! It looks amazing! keep the god work m8!!
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:10:44 PM

Just posting a quick update

A lot of stuff going on.
-The move to Amazon EC2 should be complete tomorrow
-I am almost done with all of the CRUD interface code for the website to safely interact with the database. Extra care is being taken to ensure MySQL injection is guarded against. All queries are properly escaped and parameterized and internally generated authentication tokens are also used to ensure passed-in parameters are not tampered with.
- A lot of effort is going into the user authentication and authorization system.  Security is absolutely the number 1 concern and protection is being built-in for just about any attack imaginable.
- Along with security, I made a change to the accounts interaction of the website.  Public and private keys will never be shown once they are entered.  Under public or private keys in the display, it will either show as "<entered>" or <not entered>".  They can be changed, but they will never be viewable after they are entered.
- I've brought in a jquery/jqwidgets expert to help with the interface.  I absolutely hate working with javascript (it's so messy) so this will free my hands to get back into the guts of Rollerbot.  FYI, this second party does not have access to the server or the database, only the the CRUD interface that I have built to allow UI interaction.  On top of that, the CRUD interface is currently pointed to a test database.  Rest assured that I will remain the only person with full access to sensitive information (including database schema, database contents, etc.).  I can't stress enough that security is my number one focus.

I'll post more updates as they come.  I may be quiet for a few days while I wrap up some of these loose ends.  Also, I have to remember the wife on Valentine's day - she's been awful supportive of my full-time dedication to getting Rollerbot out to the community.

Thanks again everybody for the support and interest in this project

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:28:02 PM

Why would you sell access to pairs when you could just make it an investment fund with other people investing money ?
You could earn much faster ( people get 90% of the money made on their investments and you keep 10 %) and it could be simpler.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:01:45 PM

Why would you sell access to pairs when you could just make it an investment fund with other people investing money ?
You could earn much faster ( people get 90% of the money made on their investments and you keep 10 %) and it could be simpler.

I have thought of this as well, but I also must ensure I'm complying with local laws.  When you get into supplying actual investments and such the laws get very stringent and it's something that I'd rather not get into at this point.  Legally speaking, it is much easier to ensure full compliance by providing a service rather than directly handling the money of others as an investment.
Perhaps as things progress and I can get proper legal advice on this it may be revisited, but for now this is the model that I am going to follow for the named reasons.

It's not totally out of the question, but I have not received appropriate legal advice on such a setup at this point.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: