Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:27:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe?  (Read 5649 times)
HighlanderMonk

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:05:01 AM

It might be safe or might be not. Who knows? The safest wallet you can ever choose it is your wallet based on blockchain. That is the best way of keeping assets.
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:06:23 AM

I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

Wallets are more secured than exchanges its only about our usage on how we make it secures,because wallets has the most secured properties than any other sites in cryptoworld.

And if you dont know,exchanges are very vulnerable in hackers ,how many of them becomes a victim just this past year,thats why its not advisable to leave coins in exchanges if we are not going to trade
Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:12:46 AM

Lol what no that is the worst thing you can do. If you can't learn how to protect a wallet from hackers then this may sound harsh but maybe you shouldn't be in crypto. Leaving your assets on an exchange is a 100% no no.
People like this need to be educated briefly about how saving in an exchange is dangerous and must be told the history of mt.Gox and many more. just like as you said, people that have no clue on how to save or secure their wallet shouldn't get into the cryptocurrency world.
Just if someone have the will, they could easily secure their wallet, there's so many tutorials in the internet about how to and people who are originally lazy only the one who said that keeping it safe is such a pain.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:14:26 AM

Coins keep in exchange are not safe in my opinion.Because we have seen lot of time so many exchange has been hacked.So don't hold your coin on exchange and try to keep on your own wallet.

If you keep few or some coins which are not worth much in good exchange is good to go unless you are a long term investors who do not going to see it for next few months than you can store in offline mode. But if you are a short term or trader than you would require it on regular basis and you need to have them on exchange only.
Iron@head

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:15:19 AM

There is no way. Most of them are now erc20 tokens. They will soon need to be replaced with real tokens. At that time, they will still need to be replaced by exchanges. Therefore, they are currently placed on exchanges, and they can refer to their purses after replacement and keep them for a long time.

kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:17:42 AM

t will not minimize but maximize. in exchange sites you don't know your own private keys and they can also be hack or owners take your money and run. there are cases which exchange site got hack and many coins got stolen. better buy hardware wallets. if you want to avoid getting hack in this forum there are tips and guides to learn.
hungblockchain1602
Copper Member

Activity: 378
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:32:06 AM

I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
If you use coins to trade, you can save it on the exchange because it is convenient for exchanging money at different times, if you still keep that coin for a long time nearly 6 months or one year or more longer, it will brings risk for us, for example attacking of hackers. In that case, you can buy hard wallet to save your coins. Now there are many wallets like that.
waiki

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:37:02 AM

So far it is safe if you open through the original link exchange, be careful now many pseudo links to steal our coins.
I suggest you star in that exchange link and make your wallet key using mobile verification code.
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:37:53 AM

It is not recommended to use exchanges to store your cryptocurrency investments unless you are an aggressive trader. Exchanges are prone from hacking and it is the primary target of hackers because they hold huge amount of cryptocurrencies especially big exchanges and there are lots of reported news of an exchange being hacked die to vulnerabilities on their system. And even some exchanges have high level of security i would still choose to secure my coins on my own. It will be safe if you know how to properly secure it.
johnsaributua

Activity: 882
Merit: 265

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 11:40:29 AM

if you want to keep it for a long time, I think you should save it in the platform wallet or in wallet hardware (eg trezor).

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Powerpuff

Activity: 839
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:40:44 AM

There is a common misunderstanding between a “coin” and the private key to access your coin. Understand the difference and you will understand the potential danger of exchanges.
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:47:21 AM

its not a good idea. because exchanges do not give you private keys of your coins. so its not owned by you. anyway i have not seen a big hack in a major exchange after 2015. but keeping them in wallets are always best idea

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jazz1984

Activity: 392
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:47:56 AM

This is not the correct statement that the exchanges are subject to hacking attacks no less than the wallets themselves, and keeping money on the exchanges you expose them to additional risks.
LickKing

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:50:47 AM

Exchanges can also be hacked, and I think that because of the larger number of funds on the exchange, so hackers will prefer to attack them, because the personal wallet is not much money, generally will not attract the attention of hackers, in fact, in the wallet or Very safe.

sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:56:58 AM

It's wrong to keep coins in exchange offices. I understand that you store on different exchanges and think that it minimizes your risks. But in fact, you do not take into account the fact that the risk of hacking hackers is not less on the exchange and this is added to the risk of freezing your funds by the management of the exchange.
Dodongbtc111

Activity: 167
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:15:42 PM

I think you need to trust either your wallet or exchange site. We are already gambling when we invest in cryptocurrency. This fact alone is known that we are taking risk. The factor that is very known at the present is technology it is very risky when something is run by computer.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 01:10:31 PM

No coin is safe to keep on exchanges, because the exchange on any of the perfect days may simply not work and all your coins will disappear.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:23:04 PM

This is just like saying that it is much safer to trust your money to a complete stranger. It is much safer if you keep your coins yourself than keeping it in an exchange. The probability of you being hacked depends on yourself. If you own your private key and is doing precautionary measured the  you will not be hacked. Exchanges are much prone to hackers compared to your wallet which you hold the private key. This is because there is a clear target to be penetrated such as the exchange's domain or server.
caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 01:40:34 PM

I dis this mistake on a smaller exchange called coinsmarkets.com, and i have lost the coins that i was holding there. There have been very many cases with exchanges that were hacked. Now i hold all my coins on the Ledger device, and i never had any problem since then.

GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 03:02:33 PM

No, it is completely opposite. There is more threat that your coins in the wallet stored can be the potential target of hackers rather than keeping it on your own personal wallet. Like the last news that coinrail has been breached by a group of hackers, and lost tons of tokens. You dont want to feel that do you? It is better to store your coins in your own personal cold wallet.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: