Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:27:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe?  (Read 5649 times)
bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:53:26 PM

I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

Nah! with the recent scenario of hacking with different exchanges it's never wise to keep your funds in exchanges due to the fact you don't have any control to it when something unexpected happen, so its better to put your funds where you have the control using priv keys/ cold wallet / offline wallet.
jonsky05

Activity: 229
Merit: 1

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:53:34 PM

I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
If you want to be safe your coins don't put in any exchanges if your not ready to trade it much better to put in your hard wallet that have private key so your coin is really safe. Some exchanges is attacking of hackers even the big exchange got hack too so is not all safe.

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:58:17 PM

Exchange can be hacked. And the wallet can also be hacked. But according to my research, more wallets are more vulnerable than Exchange. Because I see almost every day there is a case of the stolen coin from the wallet. And hopefully, there is a new anti-hacker technology for the crypto wallet.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:59:16 PM

yes they are very secure, but not on all exchange sites, large exchange sites are usually very secure, hackers are not easy to penetrate...these are some big exchange sites that are very hard on hackers attack = HitBtc, Kraken, Poloneix, Binance and Bittrex, this site is all I highly recommend.

alahmadcoin

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:09:08 AM

I think it relies upon the exchange where they store it, on the off chance that I save money on the exchange that requires google authenticator and I think if so the tokens or coins that we guard on the exchange will be.
Paniudto

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:41:01 AM

yes they are very secure, but not on all exchange sites, large exchange sites are usually very secure, hackers are not easy to penetrate...these are some big exchange sites that are very hard on hackers attack = HitBtc, Kraken, Poloneix, Binance and Bittrex, this site is all I highly recommend.
Kucoin is not in the list, what do you think of them? I would suggest to spread your portfolio to more than one centralized exchanges if you are comfortable with them.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:35:33 AM

If you want to be safe your coins don't put in any exchanges if your not ready to trade it much better to put in your hard wallet that have private key so your coin is really safe. Some exchanges is attacking of hackers even the big exchange got hack too so is not all safe.

yes, it is always better if we can save it in hardware wallet so we can watch directly our coins, manage the coins and do whatever we want and we can secure our coins from the attackers. maybe if we want to sell our coins with instant selling, we can send it to the exchanges and after the coin is sold, we need to send back the profit to the hardware wallet so we don't have to worry about anything.

zap2per

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:16:26 PM

But that's the whole point it's not easy for hackers to hack them but that's always a possibility. No exchange is safe.
yoerumo

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:52:13 PM

For a wallet programmer (wallet phishing), yes, you possibly protected. Be that as it may, if DDoS assault happened and a site cut down, a few or possibly the greater part of the benefits inside that specific trade will most likely be gone. Equipment wallet is ideal, for me, and just best wallet to hold your advantage.
Kocret02

Activity: 1176
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:56:31 PM

I do not recommend to always keep an asset on exchange because it could be one of the causes of hacker attacks that could steal our assets. it's better to keep the assets in the wallet offline and be safer from all things detrimental.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
mari12

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:33:39 AM

It is still a risky thing to do.  As a matter of fact, I think everything in this market is quite risky. Being a part of crypto itself is risky. Well, life itself is risky, so? Grin
The exchanges could also get hacked, anything can happen. It's no safer than keeping the coins in the wallet, in my own opinion.
salita23

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:37:25 AM

All Exchanges are not created equal and one can still lose exchange coins due to exchange getting hacked or shutdown due to government regulation or some other reason. So it is useful to keep a good portion of your coins in your own wallet. To reduce the risk, use multiple exchanges and multiple wallets too.

That might happen depends on the rules of the government but other else depends on the value of the coins. Though it is not a reason to drop out the exchanged because their is a way to go through. After exchange put it in your wallt so that you will be able to use in neccessary way.
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:44:13 AM

no secure guarantees, exchanges like mt gox and btc-e ever hacked.
never store your old coins in the exchanger, save your coins into an offline wallet to secure it
Aggioni

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:16:12 PM

In my opinion, the main thing is just not to keep all coins in only one place. Even MEW can be hacked and there is a possibility to lose everything.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:18:33 PM

You are having the feeling on wrong way because it is totally an opposite thing where you do keep your tokens on an exchange. Havent you seen the recent or past situations of exchange hacks? If you are then you can able to identify yourself about your current situation if its still safe to put up or store coins in there. Even just using your own wallet and do only have your own access you can still have the risk on getting hacked depending on how safe you do keep up your keys.
Eric Medeiross

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:03:47 PM

For safety and risk reduction, leave your money in the purse
Nigmar

Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:14:19 AM

Individuals like this should be instructed quickly about how sparing in a trade is hazardous and must be told the historical backdrop of mt.Gox and some more. much the same as you stated, individuals that have no idea on the most proficient method to spare or secure their wallet shouldn't get into the digital currency world.
Just on the off chance that somebody have the will, they could without much of a stretch secure their wallet, there's such a significant number of instructional exercises in the web about how to and individuals who are initially lethargic just the person who said that protecting it is such a torment.
nemey

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:26:10 AM

Every saving the crypto will have the risks of losing them because of hacks and other factors. But, i also have some coins on exchanges and still keep them there. So far, it is good enough and no problems exactly. however, I must be also more careful in managing the coins and account.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
akbarals9425

Merit: 4

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:29:53 AM

is not dangerous if save in exchange, although there is no case of lost altcoin in excange it but risky too, like one day altcoin we have decided contract with excange trus not registered in excange how altcoin our fate can still be pull

►► D E A L J O Y - Earn Crypto by shopping online  (https://dealjoy.io)◄◄
asritajudin

Activity: 352

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:32:57 AM

Although keeping your coin in the exchange is safe but I think it is better and will be safer if you keep the funds in the appropriate wallet other than in and exchange because while they are in this wallet, you are in total control as long as your personal information are kept safe and you do not disclose it to a third party.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: