Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:57:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe?  (Read 5649 times)
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:47:13 AM

I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
I do not think that is a good idea. There are exchangers which are being hacked. If you really want to keep your coins there, you must choose a very secured exchanger.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
Layers318

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 01:56:32 AM

Exchange sites are not meant for permanent safe keeping of coins. Exchange sites are meant for temporary holding of coins in order to facilitate trading on the site. Due to the frequent periodic maintenance, an investor may lose his money when saved on the exchange site.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
benjamin11

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:48:06 AM

I think thats not a good idea. Hackers can even penetrate exchanges. In fact, most hackers are actually targeting exhanges. In the previous months, there are numerous exchange sites that has been hacked and a lot of coins, tokens or crypto has been compromise and a lot of investors are lost a lot of money.
segotiwul

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:55:18 AM

if stored in the wallet most likely very safe, but if stored in the market most likely to be able to hackers. this is what I have experienced especially in coins that have a high exchange rate.
ravinesolz

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:16:43 AM

if stored in the wallet most likely very safe, but if stored in the market most likely to be able to hackers. this is what I have experienced especially in coins that have a high exchange rate.
They are not safe from everything, coins can be put inside of a paper wallet for storage as well.

campusnet

Activity: 481
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:21:00 AM

like some of the cases on the exchanger has ever been exposed to hackers is sure it can be very risky if we keep asec coin we have. but I think the security of a Exchange already felt very secure, but still it can be exploited.

ghosong

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:35:12 AM

I believe in big exchanges like binance because they walk here for a long time but there are still no guarantees on trading sites here like if they get hacked by some bad guys so our currencies can be hacked and actually I use 12 trading sites now so I only rely on their popularity in crypto so it's good for investment even though trading is very risky but we have many here who have good reputation and if I get a scam then I will look for other trading sites to secure me again from hackers.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:40:21 AM

like some of the cases on the exchanger has ever been exposed to hackers is sure it can be very risky if we keep asec coin we have. but I think the security of a Exchange already felt very secure, but still it can be exploited.

no one is safe online but even in offline we are still prone to risk . in the case of cryptos , you can only secure your funds in full control if you put them on an offline storage such as hardware wallets  .  storing them on any exchanger is only recomended if you are trading them on a regular basis but if you dont actively trading them , then it isnt really advisable to hoard your coins on there because there is a risk of scamming or the exchange itself can also shutdown without prior notice .
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:51:44 AM

I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

It eliminates the risk of someone hacking your computer and stealing your coins from it, however, it opens up new risk.  I would even say it is more risky keeping your coins on an exchange than on a PC or cold wallet.  If the exchange itself gets hacked or shut down you will lose your coins.  Cryptsy.com was an exchange and the owner claims it was hacked, and then all of a sudden disappeared with everyones Bitcoin, Litecoin and whatever else was stored on that exchange.  BTC-E was shut down bu the government, I do not know what happened to the coins in this case.

If you must store your coins on an exchange spread your coins around.  Do not keep them all on the same exchange.  And make sure you have a complex password and 2-Factor authentication set up.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:53:51 AM

In my opinion , yes they are safe but I can't say that they are at 100% safe level because they are only exchange and if you will have  to access your account then surely you will needed to give email id and password and as we know that in the present time it is not much tedious for a hacker to access your email id and also your password by reset .
And second thing that there can be vulnerability in the programming of the exchange , and also there are even beside this many ways to inject Thier program to ACCESS the exchange , so here we can't say theya are safe .
Here I don't mean that they are fully unsafe , but here you need to remain clear in your mind that exchange are not just toys , they are improving theirself time to time with better updation by Thier team developers , a simple example we can have is yobit , since many people says that yobit is scam exchange but it was hacked by hackers once but now it is fully protected and a small activity ( about attack over the site ) they block every transaction for withdrawal .
And that why I didn't found anything bad in this thing , that we should have our altcoins at exchange , they are 99.99% safe .
But if you are willing to hold your altcoins assets for long term of one to two years then it will be better to use official wallets and take backup of your wallet for sure safety .
Ragnar Lothbrok

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:55:17 AM

I think yes, because we will not lose our private key, but my advice is better we choose the right exchange to store the coins we have.
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:31:22 AM

i do not feel well when i have my coins on a exchange. i prefer to store my coins on my own paper wallet. it feels safer for me.
geopard

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:35:27 AM

In any case, everywhere there is a risk of being attacked by hackers. Exchanges are no exception. I would advise you to keep the coins in your wallet after encrypting it. And store the wallet on an external resource such as a hard drive. And on the account of tokens and in particular the ERC-20 wallet. Be careful a lot of phishing sites. A private key passwords, etc. keep also on external resources.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
Pandji02

Activity: 896
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:00:16 AM

it is very unsafe to store coins on the exchange, the exchange can be hacked at any time. I suggest you save a coin in a wallet that you have a private key or you can use hardwallet.
67semih

Activity: 630
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 09:04:05 AM

All exchanges can be hacked. So if you want to keep your investment safe, put them in paper wallets. So you can have a comfy sleep..
zk-SNARK

Activity: 168

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:52:06 PM

I trust the binance. but the safest one ledger nano s.if you will still continue to investing coins. you need a hardware wallet. surely we need to keep our coins in exchanges sometimes for trading or for to be fast. but i always send my coins to my hardware wallet. exchanges are not 100 percentage safe ..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:24:03 PM

Exchanges are being regulated, our money doesn't belong to us. We can lose them easily. Besides hxchanges have a long history of being hacked and losing customer funds. You may want to use hardware wallet, which is much more secure and convenient at the same time.
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:41:41 PM

There is no place that is entirely safe for storing coins. Every place has a risk of being hacked. Wherever you choose to save your coins, continue to observe and maintain the confidentiality of your personal data so that it cannot be touched by other people or malware. It would also be better to save coins in some wallets so that if something bad happens, your coins can be saved and you will not lose all the assets you have.
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:47:09 PM

Exchanges are not really created for the purpose of keeping coins. Although, if you decide to keep your coin on exchange, you must ensure that you have put in place all the necessary security measures that are needed, because we have heard incidences of hackers hacking some exchange wallets too.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:47:27 AM

No, it still not safe because you don't own the key of your wallet address.
Just use the exchange for trading only, not for holding your coins for long term.
Hackers can get the exchange wallet too, there were few exchanges have been hacked.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: