Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:48:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Increasing number of altcoin (Good or Bad)??  (Read 362 times)
ninio (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:37:19 AM

I'm just curious if what are the effect of increasing number of altcoins in the market is it good or bad in crypto currency? Do we really need a lot of altcoins in the market ?.
seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:50:17 AM

Well depends on your view, but it is good in the sense we can find the best projects through sheer willingness to see every project to fruition. But it is bad in the sense the saturation of the market will dilute the value of each currency, naturally. As in general in life it usually isn't one way or the other but a little bit of good and bad here.

RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:00:13 AM

This is obviously a bad news for the market, because a growing number of tokens is useless, so the value of these tokens exist just hype, so I don't think these tokens, and makes money more and more diversification.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:02:07 AM

If most of the proejcts are crap and in this bear market then yes is not good because whatever the crappy projects raise in ETH they just dump for fiat, driving the price of eth down and we get useless tokens that don't even reach an exchange, so all they are doing basically is dumpign eth on a large scale, so can't be good really. Only decent projects that grow are good for our crypto economy during a bear market and a bull run.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:03:39 AM

I'm just curious if what are the effect of increasing number of altcoins in the market is it good or bad in crypto currency? Do we really need a lot of altcoins in the market ?.

I think increasing the number of altcoins in the market is not actually bad because it is helping to increase liquidity in the market. These altcoins are emanating from different ICO projects with different utility so they don't have negative effects on the market. It also help to break the monopoly of the market.

randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:07:28 AM

Quantity does not matter, what matters is quality, we would be better off having 10 fantastic projects than 1000 mediocre projects. Many projects leads to good competition but it can also lead to a market which is less attractive for investors because they have to pick their way through all the crap projects.

@rt27

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:09:59 AM

We really need them in order to define what's best. There are so many altcoins that believing they will survive but the reality couldn't denied. There are altcoins won't survive because of decline value and not good enough product in the market.
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:16:53 AM

its good. always competition is much better for future. but only 10% of them will survive in long term. because some projects fail to work on roadmap and other reasons. so we have to do more research before investing there

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jezus

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:26:59 AM

Yes good.There is new altcoin because i have stop in crypto.

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
hani1929

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:27:25 AM

we know that there are many alt coins now , but its depend on your view if it is good or bad. but for me its balance. we can say its good because we can invest to it with a little amount of price and then earn. and its bad when you invested it and hodl and it will scam just like  other altcoin that already existed in the market and in the end theyve got delisted because they dont have any value.

epis11

Activity: 295
Merit: 54

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:51:08 AM

Its either good or bad for me, its good because we can see how people are utilizing blockchain inorder to create new ideas that will be useful in the future and it became bad when an altcoin is just created with no useful usage and just for pump and dump a shitcoin made by developers to become millionaire itself. 
PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 08:18:44 AM

Competition in the market is always useful for its development because to stay in the market a project needs to be good enough this means that good projects will develop under market pressure it will push the entire crypto market up in price and as projects .

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread
randythered

Merit: 103

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:02:29 AM

Competition in the market is always useful for its development because to stay in the market a project needs to be good enough this means that good projects will develop under market pressure it will push the entire crypto market up in price and as projects .

Competition is good to an extent, as long as it's good competition. A bunch of crappy scammy ICOs won't contribute in anyway in terms of competition and will drag down the reputation of all the other altcoins.

silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:04:30 AM

Look how many real companies are on the world. There is still place for new altcoins, but useful altcoins with real use!

Flexystar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 227

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:07:00 AM

It is very bad if we get more and more shit coins around here. The reasons is that they will attract novice investors and some trading one to invest into them heavily and may scam later on if they are meant for that purpose. This way it becomes threatening for the well established currencies like those in Top 100. The market cap is diverted to different coins which may or may not have utility purposes and thus everything goes in vain. I guess this is why it is bad stuff if we keep getting more and more crypto currencies around here.
Proton2233

Merit: 252

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:12:02 AM

The emergence of new altcoins is a very important phenomenon. They create competition in the cryptocurrency market. Each altcoin offers new opportunities. The final consumer always benefits from competition. There is only one advice not to invest in questionable projects.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 09:17:20 AM

I think that it depends on the quality of the atcoin. But the problem is there are more scam altcoin out there so it's absolutely bad for the space. People who are scammed with those  will have a bad experience and they might hate or tell the poeple they know the experience they had with crypto.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:20:34 AM

it is more like inevitable than anything else!

when you create some shitcoin you are creating money for yourself. and when it is very easy to do so and you can make a lot of money out of it sometimes, there is nothing stopping you from doing it. these days with ICOs things got way easier!!!

do we need them? obviously not
are they contributing to anything? not at all
are the damaging? of course. they have filled the market and took the top ranks everywhere with their pumps.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Tipstar

Activity: 1778
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:21:07 AM

Increase in number of choices is never bad. Though people may argue a smaller number would have better growth. But that type of growth would not be sustainable and would be a sort of syndicate to limit the options.
One of the features of crypotcoin are decentralization, no central body to control it.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Persiville

Activity: 144

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:26:22 AM

it is more like inevitable than anything else!

when you create some shitcoin you are creating money for yourself. and when it is very easy to do so and you can make a lot of money out of it sometimes, there is nothing stopping you from doing it. these days with ICOs things got way easier!!!

do we need them? obviously not
are they contributing to anything? not at all
are the damaging? of course. they have filled the market and took the top ranks everywhere with their pumps.

I can see the same picture of it though. It is really inevitable, besides because of its decentralization nobody would stop you from doing it. I have heard also some of people or traders that are making money outnof shit coins, at first i really didn't believe them but once i saw how is being done and the worst is that it is very risky, i just ignored it and think another way of earning.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: