Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:30:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a bitcoin REALLY worth?  (Read 1432 times)
vuquang1763164@gmail.com

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:10:09 AM

Bitcoin has a huge value and it will not change as Blockchain brings it. This is the technology of the times

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:56:04 AM

I see the whole thing that has been going on all year with the price of bitcoin, and how it was from way back when it started.

And I have to wonder, when will it end?  Will it keep going up and up, will it level off, or will it just one day suddenly crash and burn like HilLIARy Clinton on election day 11/8/16?

What sets the price?  How do we determine the price?  As near as I can tell, we get our belief of price from the exchanges.  The exchanges say a btc was worth 3000 last month, 5000 last week, 7000 today, etc, and we all just blindly go along with it and base our transactions off of that.  That's how many US Dollars you can get for a bitcoin, and really, what else matters?  Btc could be a million dollars or ONE DOLLAR tomorrow, and everyone would just be going "well, that's the exchange price".  And if that's the amount of money you can convert your bitcoins to dollars for, then that is it.  The exchange won't give you more.  A private buyer you meet in person won't give you more.

With institutional money, bitcoin futures, and hedge funds starting to invest in bitcoin, I think that'll bring more stability and a future to high bitcoin prices.  But we are still dealing with an intangible asset that exists only in computers, so there's no real reason to support these high prices other than "Well, that's what you can buy them for on the exchanges".  Or "That's what the futures market / hedge fund prices them at".  It is BELIEF of the price, and nothing else.  At least with a bar of gold, you can do something with it, no matter what its price is.

Will btc be around for a long time at big money, or will they be the Beanie Babies of 2018?

Will Antminer S9's still be sold on ebay for over $3000 by greedy bastards who were able to place large orders with Bitmain and are now simply reselling them for sheer profit?  Or will used S9's be going for $300 a year from now?

It seems that most of you don't remember me, or were not here in 2013 / 2014.  I repeatedly warned people over and over not to buy ASICs based on the btc price at the time.  And I was 100% correct in my assertions.  And even in 2015 - 2016, I was still correct that ASICs were a bad investment.  It was only with the huge rise in bitcoin prices this year that significant profits could finally be made, but where and when will it end?  Banks are beginning to understand the concept of the blockchain and how it can make their transactions more secure, but that means nothing for the price of bitcoin or any other coin.  Banks don't need any coin to be successful to implement the blockchain idea in their own transaction histories.

People say that bitcoin can replace cash.  Well, I wouldn't go that far.  I see bitcoin as a way to get more money, more US Dollars.  True, a piece of paper may not have much other than the US government backing it, but that's better than a group of coin exchanges, mostly based in other countries saying what my coins are worth.  Gemini is the only licensed, regulated, US based exchange that I would trust.

So what's in store for bitcoin prices in 2018?  And the question that should be placed above all others is, "How much money can I (and I mean ME, not you) get out of bitcoin?".

Bitcoin is given a chance to people become rich or to make their life become comfortable, no obligation to make a big volume of fund for investment this is universal business through digital virtual currency rich or poor are accepted. but before we go into bitcoin era we need to learned enough about bitcoin and enough research the advantage and disadvantage of bitcoin.
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:28:54 AM

I think that most simply are afraid to invest in bitcoin because of the low price on the market. Since the price falls without raising. Short-term raise does not encourage people to invest even 100$. But you need to study the market and try if you want to get profit even in this situation.
silviyako

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

The value of bitcoin will always depend on Supply and Demand. as all things are. the stability of value may only happeen if it will be regulated, which is for me, a very small chance of happening/
takesomethingaway

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:27:13 AM

I think that's because of its transparency and random growth that makes it so interesting
Batask

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:47:07 AM

I think that's because of its transparency and random growth that makes it so interesting

Bitcoin is worth a million, but bitcoin dont have a stable price, it changes from time to time, bitcoin is unique many people wanted bitcoin because in bitcoin you can earn profit, just be patient thats what we need here in crypto world.
aryadiningrat123

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:50:07 AM

For me bitcoin is so valuable so bitcoin is a very good digital currency and bitcoin is also a very profitable investment for me so bitcoin is a very valuable asset for me
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:54:51 AM

It is only worth as much as our support and belief in it. If you are looking for an intrinsic value in it, you will find nothing most probably. There is the technology, nevertheless. However, the technology will also be in the same page with the coin. The technology is also worth as much as the adoption and support it gets from the people. Without all these, Bitcoin and its technology are nothing.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:41:16 AM

Some peoples said bitcoin worth more than 1millions dollar and some said more. I think let market decide it because market is fair place to determine price. But i do believe bitcoin have value in digital world right now because we need fast currency with lower fee.

collision00

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:56:22 AM

Additionally with respect to the possibility that bitcoin is something that doesn't exist in reality and is essentially "numbers on a screen", this is basically the case for any fiat money also. In contrast with the aggregate market esteem, the measure of money going around is small to the point that all of cash exchanges are being done carefully and no physical cash switches hands, entirely like bitcoin.
jakedeez

ICO is evil

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:27:01 AM

The value of bitcoin will always depend on Supply and Demand. as all things are. the stability of value may only happeen if it will be regulated, which is for me, a very small chance of happening/

For today, where a big amount of people know about Bitcoin, but they are smart and they look on the market, there's a price for it, and they really don't want to invest even $100. Because waiting for the prophet about 1 year or in $10, this is ridiculous
polyballz

Activity: 454

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:40:46 AM

I see the whole thing that has been going on all year with the price of bitcoin, and how it was from way back when it started.

And I have to wonder, when will it end?  Will it keep going up and up, will it level off, or will it just one day suddenly crash and burn like HilLIARy Clinton on election day 11/8/16?

What sets the price?  How do we determine the price?  As near as I can tell, we get our belief of price from the exchanges.  The exchanges say a btc was worth 3000 last month, 5000 last week, 7000 today, etc, and we all just blindly go along with it and base our transactions off of that.  That's how many US Dollars you can get for a bitcoin, and really, what else matters?  Btc could be a million dollars or ONE DOLLAR tomorrow, and everyone would just be going "well, that's the exchange price".  And if that's the amount of money you can convert your bitcoins to dollars for, then that is it.  The exchange won't give you more.  A private buyer you meet in person won't give you more.

With institutional money, bitcoin futures, and hedge funds starting to invest in bitcoin, I think that'll bring more stability and a future to high bitcoin prices.  But we are still dealing with an intangible asset that exists only in computers, so there's no real reason to support these high prices other than "Well, that's what you can buy them for on the exchanges".  Or "That's what the futures market / hedge fund prices them at".  It is BELIEF of the price, and nothing else.  At least with a bar of gold, you can do something with it, no matter what its price is.

Will btc be around for a long time at big money, or will they be the Beanie Babies of 2018?

Will Antminer S9's still be sold on ebay for over $3000 by greedy bastards who were able to place large orders with Bitmain and are now simply reselling them for sheer profit?  Or will used S9's be going for $300 a year from now?

It seems that most of you don't remember me, or were not here in 2013 / 2014.  I repeatedly warned people over and over not to buy ASICs based on the btc price at the time.  And I was 100% correct in my assertions.  And even in 2015 - 2016, I was still correct that ASICs were a bad investment.  It was only with the huge rise in bitcoin prices this year that significant profits could finally be made, but where and when will it end?  Banks are beginning to understand the concept of the blockchain and how it can make their transactions more secure, but that means nothing for the price of bitcoin or any other coin.  Banks don't need any coin to be successful to implement the blockchain idea in their own transaction histories.

People say that bitcoin can replace cash.  Well, I wouldn't go that far.  I see bitcoin as a way to get more money, more US Dollars.  True, a piece of paper may not have much other than the US government backing it, but that's better than a group of coin exchanges, mostly based in other countries saying what my coins are worth.  Gemini is the only licensed, regulated, US based exchange that I would trust.

So what's in store for bitcoin prices in 2018?  And the question that should be placed above all others is, "How much money can I (and I mean ME, not you) get out of bitcoin?".
Bitcoin is a valuable digital currency for global transactions that can slash bank transaction costs or cut transaction time and everything is easy done. But nowadays Bitcoin is more popularly used as a future investment that can multiply assets. But it all can not be separated from the risks that must be faced. Bitcoin prices are determined by market demand.
Criptomen

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:01:22 AM

Because of full decentralization, the absence of a regulator as such, which if necessary could take control of the situation on the market, the price of the crypto currency is formed solely on the basis of the demand for the asset from buyers and sellers. We do not take into account now the facts about which we do not know, for example, possible manipulations by robots on the markets. Based on this it is difficult to calculate the exact cost of bitcoin at the moment, the lower and upper limit will be far away from each other.
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:13:48 AM

Of Bitcoin's very valuable Bitcoin is crypto currency, the most popular in the digital world, besides bitcoin has a high value, as more and more people want to buy it.
Yes, bitcoin is really worth it cause the value are continues increasing and bitcoin is most popular digital currency that give high profit.  People are wanted to buy bitcoin and they want to invest and to earn profit.
VladPanin7

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:20:24 AM

Here is the concept of supply and demand for trade in the coin, everything is understandable to everyone,
but can not the bitcoin code also influence its price?
If I'm not mistaken, then its production will become more complicated with time.
cryptokia

Activity: 198

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:49:44 PM

I`m thinking that Bitcoin is worth of the peoples idea of buying it everyday. And for now on it becomes stronger daily because of the news about those every each countries that are allowing and accepting it.
MobyCrypt

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:47:45 PM

What sets the price?  How do we determine the price?

There this little known principle that doesn't seem to be taught any longer.  It's called Supply and Demand.  That is how Bitcoin price, and the price of everything else for that matter, is set in this place I like to call the real world.

LoL, and the funny thing is that no matter how many times you'd repeat this statements, those who didn't get it until now are very likely not to get it even later, ever. There are basic things which are beyond the understanding of most of the people.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
jakedeez

ICO is evil

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:34:49 AM

Bitcoin is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. The market will determine it's price. The advantage with Bitcoin is that there is a cap on the number of coins that will be produced, so supply and demand principles will be in effect. Compare that to fiat where it is printed to infinity. The more that's printed, the less it's worth. Fiat depends on peoples ""faith and confidence"" in it.

I think it depends first of all on your knowledge about the structure and others things connected with the crypto world. But the result is a personal choice, to invest in it or not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: