Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some ICO is not scam  (Read 2342 times)
siorapokk
Copper Member

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:46:58 PM

You are right. On the one hand, the market is overwhelmed with a lot of trash projects that will never collect any soft cap and will only scam the investors. But on the other hand, there are a lot of great projects left. You just need to search better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xialan_lu

Activity: 335
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:03:14 PM

Definitely not all ICO are scam but most of them is yes. That's why it's kinda hard to find a legit one. Making investing in ICO is one of the most risky investment in crypto world. Many have loss in this kind of investment resulting into people lossing trust in ICO. Like when they hear or read ICO, they will only think of one word and that is scam.

I agree with you, even though there are some ICO that have achieved hardcap but there is no guarantee to success, for example like Monvid after ICO ends with their hardcap running away. it seems at this time we need institutions that can protect investors from scam ICO or maybe set term and conditions that are very difficult to run a crowdfunding
Krabat

Activity: 546
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:09:09 PM

Now, when the market is after a strong fall, there are very few such projects that deserve real trust from investors. And while the situation does not change in the direction of the beginning of a bullish trend, I think the number of good projects will remain the same - small.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:17:23 PM

Definitely not all ICO are scam but most of them is yes. That's why it's kinda hard to find a legit one. Making investing in ICO is one of the most risky investment in crypto world. Many have loss in this kind of investment resulting into people lossing trust in ICO. Like when they hear or read ICO, they will only think of one word and that is scam.

I agree with you, even though there are some ICO that have achieved hardcap but there is no guarantee to success, for example like Monvid after ICO ends with their hardcap running away. it seems at this time we need institutions that can protect investors from scam ICO or maybe set term and conditions that are very difficult to run a crowdfunding
If there will be an intervention from the regulators and that will put ico on the so many regulations. Some of them are not scam but it's almost more than 90% of them are scam coins. Look at CMC and there were less than 300 coins that's still exist. This is a difficult situation when a good project being disappeared caused by scam ico.
Airelves09

Activity: 298
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 03:34:01 PM

Investing in ICO means choosing a good real project. The details needed to be explored. Including websites,Team,Technology and The community.

readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 05:02:15 PM

I always first study the project, the roadmap, White Paper. If I do not understand technology, I ask for help in telegram. You must always remember that you are investing your own money and you need to know everything about the company before giving them money.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 05:04:06 PM

Some ICO are scam and most of them are legit.
We should never jump into any ICO with out studying the project.
Let me remid you that in this community, knowledge is the basic principle to have to be successful.
Businesscase

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:35:19 PM

Yes, this is good advices, but what can I add for them it`s check team, investors supporting. Yes, investing in ICO - it`s a big risk, but this risk can provide you a huge profit if you choose a good one.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:41:27 PM

The topic of the topic is certainly very funny, especially if you understand that now the situation as a whole with ICO processes is very, very difficult, because the market is full of fake projects that only steal money and nothing more. Of course there are good projects.
hidingyou

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:00:39 AM

Yes some of ICO's are not a scam, Actually we can find a good ICO if we have time to search of them.
But we need to be careful always because as of now ill think have some ICO are scam.
Yes, there are ICO project that are legit we just need to read there platform they produce .I believe it's more worth if we're able to decide with our own perception in terms of choosing.Don't ignore other projects because we can't determine the flow how it goes.

Xetonica

Activity: 706
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:33:17 AM

yes it might not all, but too many scammed project used the way of ico defamed it
That's true they are to many scam ICO's are now.
If we do not search of them and we invest directly maybe your money will going to lose if the ICO's it was a scam. Must better to ask first and read some of them info.
hongus

Activity: 736

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:40:03 AM

Hello, let me clear this doubt some people said that all ICO is a scam but I don't believe them because I have invested in some ICO and make a good fortune, let me give you some clue to invest.
1. When you want to invest first of all research about the particular ico you want to invest in, try to check their Whitepaper because some ICO copy text from another ICO white papers
2. Try to check their LinkedIn profile though that does'nt matter because some fake LinkedIn profile.
3.Try to know their real location even though some use VPN to hide their location.
4.website professional matters a lot because some don't even know how to build website and they are claiming that they are in to Blockchain
5. Despite all this..involving in ICO is a big risk

Your advice is helpful. But scammers are constantly improving the quality of projects. And it aggravates our situation. I make quality sites. Make quality white papers. Even registers sites in those countries that are needed for ICO.

ryanfromrethink

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:27:15 AM

Hello, let me clear this doubt some people said that all ICO is a scam but I don't believe them because I have invested in some ICO and make a good fortune, let me give you some clue to invest.
1. When you want to invest first of all research about the particular ico you want to invest in, try to check their Whitepaper because some ICO copy text from another ICO white papers
2. Try to check their LinkedIn profile though that does'nt matter because some fake LinkedIn profile.
3.Try to know their real location even though some use VPN to hide their location.
4.website professional matters a lot because some don't even know how to build website and they are claiming that they are in to Blockchain

It's good that there are people who realize this and begin to protect the ICO.It seems to me that this is the norm that some of them are scam and people lose their money. In an unregulated market this is the norm. But you can not think that the whole market is
Moxivuki

Activity: 294

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:30:40 AM

Hello, I am a scholar. I want to ask you how can you find out the real location of the project? what should I do? This is very important to me, I hope to get your help!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:41:15 AM

Hello, I am a scholar. I want to ask you how can you find out the real location of the project? what should I do? This is very important to me, I hope to get your help!
You can try to find their address on the google maps and see the real photos from this place. It can say a quite many about location. And often you can find some info in the linkedin profile.

I see some projects that made a great work without any ICO and other funds raising. That projects need pay attention more then most of ICO
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 351

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 07:45:03 AM

Yeah that is why before we are stepping into a particular project we need to gather informations that will pinpoint their legitimacy. Though there are also ICO's that are considered not scam however they just have a less potential idea or some might have failed due to lack of exposure. That is why I love being a bounty hunter because I only need to invest my time and effort and the risk I take is minimal unlike big players that invest their own money.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Goodnuel
Copper Member

Activity: 381
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 07:50:17 AM

Yes, not all icos are scams. A lot of really strong and interesting projects with a solid team keeps coming up every day, but the scam icos are also increasing on a daily basis.

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
Harvey-Connan

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:54:59 AM

Some big ICO have enough all of condition but it is still a scam. Everything can be faked in this world. This is what make people don't believe in ICO anymore and they said that 90% of ICO are scam.
chakhigh

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:19:46 AM

Yes, I do agree, some ICOs are not Scam! Research and checking is an important factor before any investment. I love projects with useful and practical products. But, the team delivery is important too. The team MUST be dedicated to deliver. I love the actual ARROUND ico, and I see the practicality behind it. However, like many other good projects, the team HAS TO deliver in the long run.. https://arround.io

Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 08:29:52 AM

Of course as an investor with ico and as a bounty hunter, I myself believed that there are so many legit crypto projects as compared with those scam project. As an investors we already knew that we're taking risk in putting our money every time we participate in tokensale but I also believed that before we invest our money we are wiser and smarter enough to dyor before making decisions to invest with any particular crypto project out there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: