Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:30:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
tontsa74

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:02:01 PM

hi, one newbie here and i am sorry if answer is allready here,
but there is so much to learn and i am just confused.

i would like to try mining in this pool, and just first start with my laptop/desktop.
before investing more maybe....
is there miner software to cpu/gpu for win7 32bit with support that stratum url.
and configuration guide? I think I just have some stupid simple issues...
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sentientmcribs

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:02:46 PM

hey guys, so i ran into a problem. i was trying to edit my pool info while drunk (the LAST time ill ever do that), and i accidentally put the user name as X instead of my username. for the past 6 hours i have been mining under that. is there anyway that balance can be transferred to my actual bitcoin account? i can verify its me by showing that my hash rate (12.8Mh/s) is the exact same for my actual user name.

I really hope you get sorted mate, and I'm sure Terk will sort you out, but I couldn't help but laugh Smiley It's the type of thing I would do!

So to drunk-texting and drunk-facebooking, we must now add drunk-mining Tongue

Yes! Terk responded so quickly in the IRC and is gonna make sure the IP address matches to confirm its me. I was so worried! Just switched from middlecoin and i already love this pool based on the quick support. After i fixed the issue and went on IRC, i busted out laughing as well Smiley
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:16:28 PM

This looks pretty interesting. Anyone try Gridseed chip miners on this pool?
shango

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 04:37:36 PM

Only 83% profitability at the moment, anyone know what's up with that ?

Discuss today's profitable coins, mininig and trading alt coins :  cointradertalk.org
Cheap and reliable Cloud Hosting | USA VPS | UK VPS | Australia VPS | US Dedicated Servers
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:51:05 PM

Only 83% profitability at the moment, anyone know what's up with that ?

Yup. Never seen an average under 100% when I was beta testing. Let me see if I can catch Terk on IRC.
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:22:15 PM

You guys don't read.
KC82

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:59:20 PM

Some people don't read and some people don't maths.

Admins claimed that low profit hours would be offset by high profit hours and average out around normal, but the average for the last 24 hours is only 85% LTC. That is a problem.

Just because there is a temporary jump above 100% doesn't guarantee the average will be above 100% if they ware way below that the rest of the time. Maybe they aren't getting DOGE blocks as often as they thought they would. When you're that small variance can be a killer.

I saw this coming and switched to mining LTC yesterday.
Axco

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:03:45 PM

Hi all,

Total newbie to mining, just built my first rig and got it running.

I really like the website and ease of use Terk, well done and keep up the good work.  Wink

I have just increased my hash power from 2 X R9 280x cards that I have been using for the past week in my desktop to 6 x R9 280x cards, built a dedicated mining rig, it will be going up to 8 in total when the riser cables arrive. 2 cards in pc and 6 in the mining rig.

Really struggled to get to grips with setting up, but finally all working now...until the riser cables come and then configure it again. That's when I will probably be asking questions for help.

Nice to be here.  Smiley

Axco.

KC82

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:15:57 PM

The last five hours have seen profits well above 100% LTC, so the issue may have been fixed.
shango

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 07:41:08 PM

Hi all,

Total newbie to mining, just built my first rig and got it running.

I really like the website and ease of use Terk, well done and keep up the good work.  Wink

I have just increased my hash power from 2 X R9 280x cards that I have been using for the past week in my desktop to 6 x R9 280x cards, built a dedicated mining rig, it will be going up to 8 in total when the riser cables arrive. 2 cards in pc and 6 in the mining rig.

Really struggled to get to grips with setting up, but finally all working now...until the riser cables come and then configure it again. That's when I will probably be asking questions for help.

Nice to be here.  Smiley

Axco.

Good luck dude, that's some nice hashpower you will get !

Discuss today's profitable coins, mininig and trading alt coins :  cointradertalk.org
Cheap and reliable Cloud Hosting | USA VPS | UK VPS | Australia VPS | US Dedicated Servers
shango

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 07:42:20 PM

Some people don't read and some people don't maths.

Admins claimed that low profit hours would be offset by high profit hours and average out around normal, but the average for the last 24 hours is only 85% LTC. That is a problem.

Just because there is a temporary jump above 100% doesn't guarantee the average will be above 100% if they ware way below that the rest of the time. Maybe they aren't getting DOGE blocks as often as they thought they would. When you're that small variance can be a killer.

I saw this coming and switched to mining LTC yesterday.

I wish i saw it coming and switch back to middlecoin or something, the payouts there just blew the roof off last week

Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:15:22 PM

So our DOGE affair didn't turn well as the pool has been extremely unlucky. We mined five blocks, but four of them were in the range 50-150k DOGE so were very tiny (DOGE has a random reward between 1 and 1M). That's a really bad luck. The outcome isn't good but I still believe it was worth a try as DOGE was significantly more profitable than other coins during recent days (it isn't any more). I'm really sorry that last 30 hours weren't good. It hurts me as much as it hurts you - I believe there will be a lot of people looking for a new place to point their miners once DOGE rewards halve in few hours and the pool recent stats don't look very encouraging.

The lesson learned here is to don't jump to coins that are too difficult for our hashrate because variance might be a bitch. If there ever will be a coin too difficult for us but we want to mine it anyway, I'll be proxying our mining into p2pool which will eliminate variance.

We stopped mining DOGE couple hours ago and we're back in the green. Last hours results are good and they should continue being this way.

Axco

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:48:31 PM

Hi Terk,

As the saying goes if you don't try you will never know...!

Just a quick question, the stats in the top left corner of the web page do not match the hourly graph stats, do they take time to change back ?

I am new to mining but found your website and found it easier than most of the others to be able to start mining less config for me to do.

I have been here about a week and as you say the pool has been in the green for the vast majority of that time. I was not getting the big reject rates as some others were while you were having very little sleep setting everything up and making updates and working all hours, I am in the UK, but I was only mining with 1.4 Mh. I have just built a dedicated mining rig and still am not getting any problems so far touch wood  Wink

I have found your site very easy to use and like the ease of use, and appreciate your fast responses to peoples questions.  Grin

Never mind about the Doge as the saying goes you have to try these things out to finds out, and then learn from the experience, the latter is the important part. Onwards and upwards.

Keep up the good work.

Axco.
Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:57:24 PM

Just a quick question, the stats in the top left corner of the web page do not match the hourly graph stats, do they take time to change back ?

Top stats: profitability (% LTC and BTC/day per MH/s) are 24-hour averages and they should match 24-hour numbers on stats pages (not last hour numbers). Hashrate is last hour hashrate. Number of users is number of users active within the last 24 hours.

Axco

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:16:44 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me Terk.

Now I understand what you mean by the front page stats will not look inviting to new miners.

People would have to look into the hourly stats or others to see the bigger picture.

I am ready for pointing my mining rig to you now, I have been messing around with it all day trying to get the best set up, I think I must need some of those display port resistors, unless each card gets plugged in to something I just cant get them to run full bore.

I have had to dig out some old monitors from the attic to use for now, but here we go, my hash rate should jump up a bit now, and again a bit more when the riser cables arrive.

Thanks again Terk.

Axco.
chilin_dude

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:20:33 PM

So our DOGE affair didn't turn well as the pool has been extremely unlucky. We mined five blocks, but four of them were in the range 50-150k DOGE so were very tiny (DOGE has a random reward between 1 and 1M). That's a really bad luck. The outcome isn't good but I still believe it was worth a try as DOGE was significantly more profitable than other coins during recent days (it isn't any more). I'm really sorry that last 30 hours weren't good. It hurts me as much as it hurts you - I believe there will be a lot of people looking for a new place to point their miners once DOGE rewards halve in few hours and the pool recent stats don't look very encouraging.

The lesson learned here is to don't jump to coins that are too difficult for our hashrate because variance might be a bitch. If there ever will be a coin too difficult for us but we want to mine it anyway, I'll be proxying our mining into p2pool which will eliminate variance.

We stopped mining DOGE couple hours ago and we're back in the green. Last hours results are good and they should continue being this way.
Huh? This confuses me. The doge block sizes aren't random, they are known as they are being mined, I presumed you were only mining the high block values and not just going off the average block values.
Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:49:06 PM

Huh? This confuses me. The doge block sizes aren't random, they are known as they are being mined, I presumed you were only mining the high block values and not just going off the average block values.

Holy shit, had I known that, we'd be sitting on a nice stock of coins right now. I guess I fucked it up. I thought it is random, just like it's said on the website, in github readme and in the Bitcointalk thread. I'm sorry. I just couldn't feel worse right now.

Could you point me to where I can find details on how to calculate this?

chilin_dude

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:54:07 PM

Holy shit, had I known that, we'd be sitting on a nice stock of coins right now. I guess I fucked it up. I thought it is random, just like it's said on the website, in github readme and in the Bitcointalk thread. I'm sorry. I just couldn't feel worse right now.

Could you point me to where I can find details on how to calculate this?
Its the same as lotto coin as well, you can find the current block value being mined, so obviously you only mine if the value of it is good. Thats why every JUST dogecoin pool never actually achieves the expected amount from coinwarz etc as they just take the 500k block average and use that to extrapolate. When in fact, middlecoin, wafflepool (and yourselves soon) will hop on to all the good value blocks, meaning longterm the dogecoin only pools will under-achieve.

I've posted about this before, here are 3 points of interest:

http://www.reddit.com/r/wafflepool/comments/1wc5si/realtime_profitability_and_hash_rates/cf21qwf?context=3
&
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433634.msg4880646#msg4880646
&
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433634.msg4792853#msg4792853

ps sorry didn't mean to make you feel bad! Can see you're putting in a lot of work to this.
chilin_dude

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:58:29 PM

Did a quick google and this came up too, seems recent and to have some code in it that you can look into possibly? Its about variable block reward coins.
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogemining/comments/1x1p76/something_is_rotten_in_the_state_of_doge_mining/
Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:14:07 PM

Alright, now I see everything in the code. I will modify coin sources to include next block value in blocknotify notifications, so that my core app will know the next block reward immediately.

I guess it is the same in all coins with so-called random rewards? Coinbase transaction value should be known ahead of finding a block hash, am I right?

I'm sorry I didn't know this earlier. I'm jumping to the code to make these changes and check if it works well with other random reward coins. If it does, then our profitability should improve as we have several random coins in our portfolio. Until now I've just been using statistical expected value of rewards distribution.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: