Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:43:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:04:32 PM

Coin list?

All coins are auto converted to BitCoins. He won't tell you, to prevent others from "copying his system". I can tell you for a fact that DOGE isn't enabled. (yet)
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:06:59 PM

I read your PM, and i'm testing your pool right now Smiley

If it turns out to be more profitable than doge, i'll stick with it Smiley

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:07:34 PM

Looks promising! I couldn't see any way to set up separate workers though? I'd like to point 5 rigs (20MH/s) at this for a split test with another pool. Just concerned if Vardiff will play nicely without separate workers, or if I'll end up with a stratospheric work difficulty.

Edit: I understand that even with a high work difficulty it all ends up about the same in terms of accepted work, but statistical variance blah blah  Smiley

There is no workers feature (yet), but the vardiff should work fine. I had an user with 70 MH/s during beta and it was working fine.

Also, maximum difficulty is only 512.

zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:08:27 PM

Coin list?

All coins are auto converted to BitCoins. He won't tell you, to prevent others from "copying his system". I can tell you for a fact that DOGE isn't enabled. (yet)

Copying his system? I would like to see what I am mining
erre
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:13:47 PM

Only one VERY IMPORTANT thing: you have to declare the applied fees.

It's not important how much your pool is performing good, if you guarantee good payouts people will continue mining even @ 5% fees, but you have to tell us how much we're paying for the service.

Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:14:16 PM

We are selling all mined coins to exchange them to bitcoins, so what's the difference what coins we were mining? I don't want to disclose neither list of coins nor any other details on how the engine works. I hope most people won't mind as long as profits are good Smiley

zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:19:07 PM

It's not important how much your pool is performing good, if you guarantee good payouts people will continue mining even @ 5% fees, but you have to tell us how much we're paying for the service.

Would be good to know aswell

We are selling all mined coins to exchange them to bitcoins, so what's the difference what coins we were mining? I don't want to disclose neither list of coins nor any other details on how the engine works. I hope most people won't mind as long as profits are good Smiley

I guess..I would still rather see. God forbid you have a bad day.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:19:24 PM

That is true, you must tell us. You can't just say that on the worst days you take as little as 1%, that could still mean in the best days you take 50% lol.
bigb159

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:24:15 PM

What's keeping you from incorporating SHA-256 coins into your pool?
pepperino84

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:26:59 PM

Extra site! Cogratulations!
Are you have server in eu?
i have a ping us.clevermining.com : 8039 ms (packet loss 100 %)  & www.clevermining.com 21.7 ms

Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:30:09 PM

I haven't decided on the final model/numbers and want to see how it's working and what my server cost will be when accommodating bigger overall hashrate and much more users than my closed beta with only 20 users, so for now please just judge based on after-fee profits/stats if it's worth mining here or not.

Currently the fee is progressive as I described earlier (and I want to test if this is a feasible model in a higher scale than in my closed beta), so the fee goes down if the results are worse than average, even down to 1%. What I can tell you is that for example today's fee is lower than you mentioned. It's not like I cut 50%. If I were able to deliver this profitability with sky-high-fee it would mean that other pool admins are either cheating or are straight incompetent, because they deliver lower profits claiming 1-3% fees.

I might post more details about the progressive fee system once I test it/tweak it/decide on its parameters, but I don't want to commit to final numbers just yet. Please give me some time to test this system, see how it's working and how big servers will I need for this - and for now please decide based on post-fee profitability.

Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:31:29 PM

Simply time. Once I clear my urgent todo lists I will look into including sha-256 coins.

Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:32:41 PM

Extra site! Cogratulations!
Are you have server in eu?
i have a ping us.clevermining.com : 8039 ms (packet loss 100 %)  & www.clevermining.com 21.7 ms

Thanks. The server is in the US.

us.clevermining.com doesn't respond to pings so its worthless to try to ping it and that's why you get 100% loss.

bigb159

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:43:49 PM

Simply time. Once I clear my urgent todo lists I will look into including sha-256 coins.

I understand. I love the look and feel and I've heard good reviews. My jalapeno is looking for a new home when SHA-256 coins are available.
BrianB

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:48:44 PM

Thanks!

Do you have an IRC channel by chance?  Going to throw some hash on and try this out!

I haven't been using IRC for more than 10 years. I didn't even consider IRC channel - forum thread is great for support and help.

One other question, I'm seeing 18% rejects (down from 30% when i started).  Is this typical?

It might be a bit higher during first 10-15 minutes before vardiff settles. Besides that, most users have between 1% and 4% rejects.

It sometimes goes up to even to 10-15% while we're mining some very fast coin with new blocks coming every couple seconds, but it's calculated into profitability comparisons and this coin must be more than 20% more profitable than the second best, so that we prefer throw 15% hashpower into stales because remaining 85% will be worth more than 98% of some other coin.

If high rejected ratio persists for more than one-two hours then it means there's something wrong - we usually don't mine fast coins for that long. Has it lowered since you wrote the post?

It hasn't settled down too much, was down to 15% for a bit then climbed back towards 20.  From your stats page:
http://clevermining.com/users/18Ejtf8VbXDaUy4UZrGgJbnWaSfjFUn9yz
Rejected: 1.4 MH/s (22.3%)

Any ideas? I don't mind trying anything, been fine on other pools.  Only problem I sometimes run into is the lower hash rate per card (I am running a stack of 270's) doesn't like crazy high difficulties for a worker.

Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:51:17 PM

It hasn't settled down too much, was down to 15% for a bit then climbed back towards 20.  From your stats page:
http://clevermining.com/users/18Ejtf8VbXDaUy4UZrGgJbnWaSfjFUn9yz
Rejected: 1.4 MH/s (22.3%)

Any ideas? I don't mind trying anything, been fine on other pools.  Only problem I sometimes run into is the lower hash rate per card (I am running a stack of 270's) doesn't like crazy high difficulties for a worker.

A hint that was given to me by one of users: try experimenting with lower intensity as mining fast coins with intensity 20 might give you a lot of rejects. If you experience too many stales, try decreasing intensity (some users had good result with I:16). We mine different coins, some of them are very fast.

erre
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:10:08 PM

I haven't decided on the final model/numbers and want to see how it's working and what my server cost will be when accommodating bigger overall hashrate and much more users than my closed beta with only 20 users, so for now please just judge based on after-fee profits/stats if it's worth mining here or not.

Currently the fee is progressive as I described earlier (and I want to test if this is a feasible model in a higher scale than in my closed beta), so the fee goes down if the results are worse than average, even down to 1%. What I can tell you is that for example today's fee is lower than you mentioned. It's not like I cut 50%. If I were able to deliver this profitability with sky-high-fee it would mean that other pool admins are either cheating or are straight incompetent, because they deliver lower profits claiming 1-3% fees.

I might post more details about the progressive fee system once I test it/tweak it/decide on its parameters, but I don't want to commit to final numbers just yet. Please give me some time to test this system, see how it's working and how big servers will I need for this - and for now please decide based on post-fee profitability.

That's fine for now, i'll judge your pool only by profits made, but your reasonment here have a great bias: the variable here is the fees income, not the server cost. If your pools perform better than expected you could set LOWER fees, while in "bad days" you could need HIGHER fees to mantain the servers.
If you otherwise decided to set variable fees in the way you said for marketing reason it's more understandable. But, either ways, i think you should asap declare how much the fees actually are. No way to test if you're saying the truth since we don't know what coin we're mining so we can't do a accurate estimate of the expected profit (just some guesses based on net difficulty), but knowing how much fees you're paying make the user much more confortable.

PS: me too think that multipool owners are at most cheaters or incompetent. Never find a decent multipool till now (i.e. better than mining doge or whatever on a single pool with ~1%fees, switching coin every 1/2days), i really hope that yours is different

Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:33:49 PM

That's fine for now, i'll judge your pool only by profits made, but your reasonment here have a great bias: the variable here is the fees income, not the server cost. If your pools perform better than expected you could set LOWER fees, while in "bad days" you could need HIGHER fees to mantain the servers.
If you otherwise decided to set variable fees in the way you said for marketing reason it's more understandable. But, either ways, i think you should asap declare how much the fees actually are. No way to test if you're saying the truth since we don't know what coin we're mining so we can't do a accurate estimate of the expected profit (just some guesses based on net difficulty), but knowing how much fees you're paying make the user much more confortable.

PS: me too think that multipool owners are at most cheaters or incompetent. Never find a decent multipool till now (i.e. better than mining doge or whatever on a single pool with ~1%fees, switching coin every 1/2days), i really hope that yours is different

Thanks for understanding. The progressive fee and operating costs have nothing in common. Progressive fee is my attempt at a new model that people will hopefully find attractive as it makes the hit smaller on bad days. You might call it marketing.

Unknown costs. I've just never ran a pool before so I don't know how powerful servers I'll need for this once more people join. I have been beta testing this software for a long time, but it was with 20 users only. I have no idea how it scales and what my costs will be.

What I know is that I was really surprised on how much resources are taken by coin wallets. A single coin or five coins are fine, but when you install and run wallets for dozens of coins, it suddenly starts requiring a very powerful server with lot of RAM, SSD disks (because dozens of coins are constantly writing new blocks into disks) and fast networking. This is what I discovered during my closed beta and I needed to upgrade my wallets server to a much more expensive because of that. This one probably won't change with increasing number of users, but I just want to check what other cost-related surprises are waiting for me before I commit to final fees. While the pool works reliably, this is a work in progress and I'm still testing and tweaking things.

erre
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:57:19 PM

I like the way you show the stats Smiley
I think that, besides of hardware/software issues, one of the biggest problem of multipools is that, when they get bigger, they cannot mine the REALLY most profitable coin without increasing that coin difficulty too much. Maybe splicing the pool could resolve it ?

Malaga

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:59:31 PM

Hello, i have tried the pool but i have a massive amount of rejected( 27000+ ) compared to accepted( 2900 ).
I don't know what is happening on the pool, but i don't think it's normal.
The site itself is very beautiful, i only suggest to give stats displaying a more aggressive timing.
Other than that good work your for your project.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: