Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:08:37 AM

I found that the green total already counts the expected as well. This isn't terrible, the wording is a bit funky, though... now I would know to just look at the "total profits" figure alone. Yes, semantics can be argued. Whatever. I'm just reporting on what I saw, and how I was excited for a sec, then let down.

Yes, total = paid out + expected. If the wording is confusing I am open for suggestions on what to change here.

One other thing that made me say "hmm": http://www.clevermining.com/users/page/4  <<< who the hell are these people clogging up the bottom of the charts? laptops? people who mined for 37 seconds? testing data?

Now this is working the way I described before when referring to individual user stats. It takes sum of shares sent by an user within the last 24 hours and divides by 24. Most 8 kH/s users are actually people with 200 kH/s who mined for just an hour.

ixobelle

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:05:31 AM

I totally hear you. I guess "paid plus pending" or something along those lines gets too wordy, but yeah.. I get it: that's what the word total means. I just feel more like "total" implies TOTALLY paid. Not trying to nitpick, the site looks great, and it's obvious you're worked hard on it.

Like I said, once I understood the idea, I could disregard the other column.
Capttech08

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:33:03 AM

Hey hey, pointing 2.5MH/s at it for a test for probably a full 72 hours. If everything checks out I'll point all of the rig at it and move my friends over as well. The site looks great and the fast response to issues and questions is a massive plus for me. Nice work Terk!

BTC Tip Jar: 11tK3hF4KN9t2kZbRgqdafdcNMDyPW2ru
LTC Tip Jar: LMCBpoiy86H5Gw5Evjt9fRRB6h6ipUCN9V
XliptTit

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:48:31 AM

Just to add, I am hanging at #cleavermining at freenode, so if anyone want to come by Smiley
Sovietaced

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:47:05 AM

I am skeptical of the profitability ratings as it seems the only coin that comes remotely close to satisfying that profitability rating is DOGE. If it's legit, bravo.

Of course it's legit. There are ongoing payouts to users based on these numbers.

I agree that the only coin that has similar average long-term profitability is DOGE. But the whole point of coin-switching pool is to pick up a coin that only temporarily has good profitability and then switch to another coin that suddenly started being profitable. This is what this pool does.

Actually we're not even mining DOGE at all. We have too little hashpower for this. All these results come from other coins than DOGE. I really hope that we'll grow quickly to a point where we could start including DOGE as well.

Is your BTC/MH calculated on accepted share megahash or accepted + rejected share hash rate?
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:00:14 AM

Hi Mr. Terk, do you have other servers in other countries? I'm located in the Philippines, Asia. I tried looking for a list of your stratum servers and I could only tell that you have us.clevermining.com. Thanks.

sgsdebruijn

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:19:04 AM

Testing with 3MH for the next 24 hours, lets see what Clever can bring, sick of probs by Middlecoin
borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:23:53 AM

Thought would give it another test again. Still seems high reject rate 8% ish. What is the problem? On middle coin its been 3%ish. Are you working to fix this?
mr bossi

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:44:56 AM

Any plans on adding EU servers? Smiley
andycee

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:09:26 AM

Extra site! Cogratulations!
Are you have server in eu?
i have a ping us.clevermining.com : 8039 ms (packet loss 100 %)  & www.clevermining.com 21.7 ms

Thanks. The server is in the US.

us.clevermining.com doesn't respond to pings so its worthless to try to ping it and that's why you get 100% loss.

Great looking site, well done!

Any particular reason ping reply is disabled ? I'm in the UK and would like to get an idea of latency issues before I start playing.
sgsdebruijn

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:15:46 AM

How often are the individual stats updated? every 5min or what?
zoonosis
Copper Member

Activity: 199
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:28:48 AM

Extra site! Cogratulations!
Are you have server in eu?
i have a ping us.clevermining.com : 8039 ms (packet loss 100 %)  & www.clevermining.com 21.7 ms

Thanks. The server is in the US.

us.clevermining.com doesn't respond to pings so its worthless to try to ping it and that's why you get 100% loss.

Great looking site, well done!

Any particular reason ping reply is disabled ? I'm in the UK and would like to get an idea of latency issues before I start playing.

Just ping without the "us." at the start.
Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:07:58 AM

Is your BTC/MH calculated on accepted share megahash or accepted + rejected share hash rate?

It's based on accepted shares. I know it's not perfect, but I think it doesn't make sense to base it on accepted+rejected as some malicious traffic flooding with invalid shares might easily skew the numbers. It can't do it when the stats are based on accepted hasrate.

Thought would give it another test again. Still seems high reject rate 8% ish. What is the problem? On middle coin its been 3%ish. Are you working to fix this?

Middlecoin is too big to mine some smaller and faster coins which we are sometimes mining. You always get more rejected with faster coins. Additionaly, mining low difficulty coins works better with lowered intensity setting in miners. Please look few pages back and people were discussing tweaks on this. I'm not an expert in this area myself.

Besides that, I'm still investigating and am trying to lower rejected ratio from my side, as the average since launch is a bit higher than average during beta period. I'm not sure if it's something related to the pool itself or just the beta sample was too small and non-representative (with only 15-20 users). I'm investigating and trying to tweak one thing at a time.

Hi Mr. Terk, do you have other servers in other countries? I'm located in the Philippines, Asia. I tried looking for a list of your stratum servers and I could only tell that you have us.clevermining.com. Thanks.

There is only the US server at the moment but I plan on launching Europe and Asia in the future. I don't have a timeline yet. Besides me being very busy with tech issues, we just need to grow a bit for this.

They are updated every hour but I plan on providing more realtime hashrate data very soon.

I guess habits to block everything that's not necessary.

It won't work, as the website is hosted by a CDN and its ping time is not related to the pool server ping time from your location.

borris123

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:17:13 AM

It's based on accepted shares. I know it's not perfect, but I think it doesn't make sense to base it on accepted+rejected as some malicious traffic flooding with invalid shares might easily skew the numbers. It can't do it when the stats are based on accepted hasrate.

Middlecoin is too big to mine some smaller and faster coins which we are sometimes mining. You always get more rejected with faster coins. Additionaly, mining low difficulty coins works better with lowered intensity setting in miners. Please look few pages back and people were discussing tweaks on this. I'm not an expert in this area myself.

Besides that, I'm still investigating and am trying to lower rejected ratio from my side, as the average since launch is a bit higher than average during beta period. I'm not sure if it's something related to the pool itself or just the beta sample was too small and non-representative (with only 15-20 users). I'm investigating and trying to tweak one thing at a time.

There is only the US server at the moment but I plan on launching Europe and Asia in the future. I don't have a timeline yet. Besides me being very busy with tech issues, we just need to grow a bit for this.

They are updated every hour but I plan on providing more realtime hashrate data very soon.

I guess habits to block everything that's not necessary.

It won't work, as the website is hosted by a CDN and its ping time is not related to the pool server ping time from your location.

Thanks for a fast reply. Great support with this server that is why I testing out to see what profits are like. Will try tweaking the settings abit more.

Great work so far really looking forward to adding more Riga in future and aiming them here
sgsdebruijn

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:17:39 AM

Is it possible updating every half hour? 1hour is a long period compared to other pools
Trollope

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:37:17 AM

Hi, when I register with my bitcoin wallet, will a bitcoin-qt wallet work? because i entered my address and there was a payout of about .011 BTC. It didnt appear in my wallet so i clicked the link to the Blockchain website and it shows the transaction into my wallet andthen it shows another transaction out of my wallet on the website when i have no record of this in my bitcoin wallet, do i need to use an online wallet like the one on the blockchain site? P.S. The payout was submitted over 1 day ago thanks Smiley
Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:48:09 AM

Hi, when I register with my bitcoin wallet, will a bitcoin-qt wallet work? because i entered my address and there was a payout of about .011 BTC. It didnt appear in my wallet so i clicked the link to the Blockchain website and it shows the transaction into my wallet andthen it shows another transaction out of my wallet on the website when i have no record of this in my bitcoin wallet, do i need to use an online wallet like the one on the blockchain site? P.S. The payout was submitted over 1 day ago thanks Smiley

Any bitcoin address that you control and are able to receive bitcoins is fine.

If you see outgoing transaction from your wallet it might mean that someone also has access to your wallet and is transferring bitcoins out. It's in a no way related to the pool. But you also should see these activities in your bitcoin-qt wallet (if it's fully synced).

If you can provide the address then perhaps I or someone else might take a look on the blockchain to see what transactions were made.

XliptTit

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:51:06 AM

I have been mining for 6 hours with 3 miners, rejected + stales stabilized at about 5%.I think there are some time-frames that this appears to be higher or lower, but the overall reject rate, according to cgremote is that, which I think it is fine...Could be better but it is a good start

I didnt lower intensity because I am using r9 280x at I-13 but I added --scan-time 1 and --expiry 1
Trollope

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:52:38 AM

Any bitcoin address that you control and are able to receive bitcoins is fine.

If you see outgoing transaction from your wallet it might mean that someone also has access to your wallet and is transferring bitcoins out. It's in a no way related to the pool. But you also should see these activities in your bitcoin-qt wallet (if it's fully synced).

If you can provide the address then perhaps I or someone else might take a look on the blockchain to see what transactions were made.

Thanks, my address is 1FSLz8L6MHFgbQ4b5fWddN2QVtdLU1nBU3 and yeah like you said, the 2nd 2 transactions sho coins being recieved by you but then transfered out without my bitcoin qt wallet noticing? and would the fact that the address was in the "other addresses" collum instead of the "recieve" collum have anything to do with it? I heard that after the addresses change the old ones are still active
Terk (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:52:58 AM

I have been mining for 6 hours with 3 miners, rejected + stales stabilized at about 5%.I think there are some time-frames that this appears to be higher or lower, but the overall reject rate, according to cgremote is that, which I think it is fine...

That makes sense. The timeframes of higher and lower rejects are just timeframes of mining different coins. Some coins just give more rejects than others. We are still mining them though if the profitability difference exceeds rejects difference.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: