Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:51:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 GPU Mining Rig Help.  (Read 333 times)
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:44:13 AM

have you used the PCIe x16 port on MB when plugging in your risers or are all of them plugged in small x1 ports?
I use the PCIe x16 for the main GPU and all the rest are on the x1 ports

When I was installing them 1 by 1 I was using the PCIe x16 port

When you tried to add that GPU one by one, don't use the same port for all GPU. Add every GPU on the different port (each GPUs must be adding on the different port) and also use the different riser while installing each card.
VictorW

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:59:03 AM

I have a Solution... Spilt the rigs into 8 cards... Initially I was doing 11 card rigs.... too many "problems" and to troubleshoot..... Yes it can run... but you need it to run like 20+ days without touching your rigs... I have like some rigs.. ran for 40+ days without touching it...

and above 8 cards, i find you have to use the onboard GPU with windows..  8 cards, can run with the PCIE GPU.. its mainly the Onboard GPU driver sometimes conflict with the PCIE GPU...

I am not very technical... just from experience.... 11 gpu sometimes restart for no reasons.... most likely blue screen... and if onboard GPU needed... you will need a HDMI dummy... otherwise if you set your program to auto run when windows booted.... it will run on PCIE GPU and it will stay in limbo...

I have 12 rigs... and I have limit them to 8 to save me a lot of time....

I just use those Ebay cheap 1600w PSU for the rigs to save money.... ran fine for like 10 months already lol touch wood... worse some to worse change PSU only.. A$130 each... Each rig.. has two 1600w CHEAP PSU each power only 4 cards... hence they can live long....

Some rigs have Corsair 1000W HX1000i.... but it's too expensive and will reduce my days ROI.....

Risers just use Version 006c with 4 capacitors 270uf... those with 3 capacitors and they will have smaller capacitor like 200uf type..  will give problems after 3 months of running.....  

Motherboard Asus Z270Ar or Asus Z370 A..... memory 8gb kingston 2400mhz
vodafone228

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 03:27:45 PM

I have a 12 x 1070 rig too with 2 x 1250w psu they are running fine.  Most likely the problem is with the risers (that includes cable to check too)  and you can try reinstalling driver / cuda to save you some time, just in case its a driver problem.

do you have a prefer riser? Please link me it <3

I bought them locally, not sure about their "brand" sorry. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: