Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:35:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: PAYPAL STARTED MASSIVE ACCOUNT BAN ON ANYTHING BITCOIN RELATED  (Read 66744 times)
minime

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:41:43 AM

yesterday the ceo of ebay said on Bloomberg paypal works on an online wallet which would be able to hold multiple crypto currencies...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:19:47 AM

Paypal has always sort of been a corporate mafia not what the founders intended by any stretch but changes in its philosophy over time

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
vehementchrome

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:26:22 AM

The CEO of paypal has claimed to be a supporter of bitcoin and yet paypal is so adamantly against bitcoin...? Both odd and disappointing.  Undecided

Devtome | Spelunky Guide
BTC: 1FPKfkTUTBir2rnBnWhjPdzGrcerz11P4R
DVC: 17WNPSjjBxQF7gkQiFNe1yoZ1DaSgztM7K
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:28:49 AM

FUCK YOU Paypal - my you rot in HELL!!!!!!!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
newguy05 (OP)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 04:01:44 PM

The CEO of paypal has claimed to be a supporter of bitcoin and yet paypal is so adamantly against bitcoin...? Both odd and disappointing.  Undecided

No it makes perfect sense, it's all a dog and pony show, judge by their actions not words. If the ceo/paypal comes out strongly against btc, everyone will cry foul and anti-competitive practices. So they make news headlines and publicly say they are strong supporters etc.., but in reality their policies are one of the worst and most strict against btc.

I am not an isolated case, it is crystal clear their company wide policy is perm ban if you sell anything btc related - warn then ban no appeal no question, this essentially shuts down btc in one of the dominate online market place.  It doesnt take a genius to figure out why, if btc becomes popular paypal simply cannot charge their 3.5% transaction fee = death.

One of the worst companies out there.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
curt.rowland

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:21:08 PM

i have been buying and selling miners on ebay using paypal for the last 4 weeks including 3 sells and 2 buys in the last week or 2 weeks and i have had absolutely no problems so I'm not sure where all this is coming from.
newguy05 (OP)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 05:43:58 PM

i have been buying and selling miners on ebay using paypal for the last 4 weeks including 3 sells and 2 buys in the last week or 2 weeks and i have had absolutely no problems so I'm not sure where all this is coming from.

Just because it didnt happen to YOU yet doesnt mean it is not happening, what an ignorant statement.

Miner hardware is a gray area, they were banning then backtracked from the backlash as they cannot justify banning mining hardware sales but allow graphic cards. Now noone knows what the policy is on hardware, but on btc physical or otherwise it is clear - zero tolerance.

Also it largely depends on your sales transaction $, everything is automated. As i said many times earlier if you bothered to read, once the system flags your account from a combination of selling btc related items + high transaction $ + unknown criteria, your account will be limited and forwarded to human review. If you are lucky, it's the compliance dept where they make you jump through hoops signing documents and affidavits before restoring your account. But if you are flagged by the risk dept, you just get banned permanently, no appeal.

As long as you stay under the radar and dont get flagged by the system (by keeping transaction $ low) you are fine, once you do, things will move very quickly against you.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
iarsenaux

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:38:20 AM

some big companies should start making a "paypal-like" exchange for bitcoin. how i wish bitmit is still alive to go against ebay Sad
dmcl

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:18:52 PM

FWIW i have sold something in the region of maybe 3000gbp's worth of hashing power for cex.io on ebay with no warnings from paypal or anything. though just today ebay pulled the remaining listings i had up before i intended to re-up my quantity of GHS on cex. they stated listings were pulled as selling of digitally delivered goods are against policy. i see alot of other listings have disappeared also so maybe an ebay wide thing going on.. all good though because if i wish to continue i can simply physically send out the voucher codes which kills two birds with one stone, it sorts out ebays issue on digital delivery and also will stop these stupid scamming motherfuckers trying to say their purchase was an unauthorised transaction (incidentally AFTER the vouchers have been redeemed wouldnt you know).

luckily i expected some people to try and be cute and do something like this so i am now using my new paypal account while my old one sits in a negative balance as its tied to my old bank account (switched banks due to rediculous bank fees) which is essentially now closed and not allowing paypal to debit from that account, that along with removing the credit card i had up as a backup funding source means a big fuck you to paypal if they think they can hold or take my money on a whim when i have supplied what the people have purchased. that negative balance can sit there for the rest of eternity of they dont credit it back to me and discipline the 4 scammers currently trying their luck. good job i was sending all money to my other account after every transaction thinking someone would eventually try and pull a scam.
dottom

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:53:30 AM

they stated listings were pulled as selling of digitally delivered goods are against policy. i see alot of other listings have disappeared also so maybe an ebay wide thing going on..
They pulled them because the scammers are going crazy on anything bitcoin related, including mining contracts.  I lost over $1k and are still getting Paypal reversals.  Each morning I check my inbox and am prepared to groan at the next 'unauthorized' dispute.

I reported every scammer and also contacted as many sellers as I could (daily limit on contacting sellers sucks, but used multiple accounts).  Got many of them to report other fraudulent ebay buyers and maybe between that and all of the Paypal disputes it got their attention.

Or maybe ebay read some of the ebay/paypal community forums because I haven't been quiet about how Paypal screws sellers.  Even with 10 lines of evidence Paypal would rule in buyer's favor.  Seller takes all the risk.  This has killed the secondary in-game currency / virtual goods market too.
dmcl

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:51:28 AM

yea no shortage of scammers tbh..

i  havent been hit too bad as of yet though there are about 27 sold items still awaiting feedback, some as far back as the 31st of last month. i was also getting repeat buyers so i started making people leave feedback for previously bought/redeemed codes before sending out the next one which got it down a little. the way i have been lucky enough to work the paypal account i was using will mean any potential chargebacks wont come out of pocket as paypal cant debit my old bank account so for the time being i have stopped selling while ebay kills off the remaining GHS listings and once theyre all gone ill use my business paypal account for payments and ill relist my GHS and physically post the codes out by recorded delivery which should both shut ebay up and ensure if anyone tries to dispute via paypal ill have proof of delivery to the registered paypal address. ill also not be selling to anyone without a confirmed address..

this will kill sales of small amounts of GHS though as a recorded letter costs X amount and on small amounts of GHS the postage/envelope/paper cost will outweigh the cost of the GHS so ill probably not sell anything under 1GHS once i start relisting. it may boost sales of multiples of a given amount though as i can do postage discounts on buying more at one time as ill be able to add additional codes to the same envelope and it wint significantly increase the letters weight.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:11:04 PM

Keep up with buying and selling on egay and I'm sure you'll find out the hard way!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:23:38 PM

Cancelled my Paypal account and told them that I am a Bitcoin user and there is apparently a conflict. I turned over a 6-digit amount since I have it, none of it Bitcoin related. They don't seem to care.

I can only recommend to ditch them, Bitcoin user or not.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
curt.rowland

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:27:50 PM

Keep up with buying and selling on egay and I'm sure you'll find out the hard way!

My $.02.

Wink

will do crotchity old man!!
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 11:44:37 PM

My $.02.

Wink

will do crotchity old man!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................

That should be "C-R-O-T-C-H-E-T-Y" there Junior and if you are going to try to insult your betters, at least learn to spell!

And by the way, I am not "crotchity" or "crotchety"; I am just one shit-ton smarter than you could ever hope to be!

And.....................................................................

...you may take that "old man" shit and put it where the Sun doesn't shine!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
ZooKeeper74

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:56:25 PM

Paypal is specifically targeting Bitcoin.  As soon as the word Bitcoin comes up, chargebacks are INSTANT and undisputable by the seller. I learnt the hard way that 6 months of localbitcoins feedback doesnt mean shit.

Now just to get his info so I can waste even more money sending a goon to his hovel.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:00:25 AM

Paypal is needing more competition.
It's tough when they are such a clear #1 in online payments.

jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:01:31 AM

I was bidding on some Bitcoin, too.  I checked it this morning and all my "buying" activity was gone.  I was wondering if the seller just cancelled the activity, but a ban on BTC seems more likely.  Now I can't find any BTC sellers on e-bay.
durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:14:37 AM

Well they never supported since day one.

Also people started exchanging lot using paypal that eventually came into notice

yea but i meanpaypal should look at it as a way to make money. if they accepted it as a payment option they could make a lot off of that. i think they should think of it that way then banning it

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:31:02 AM

I smell fear.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: