Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:16:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Choosing a cryptocurrency for Long term investments  (Read 418 times)
Bit talk (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:18:33 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 08:13:51 AM by Bit talk
Merited by coinmela (1)

❇️Choosing a cryptocurrency for long-term investments: check list

>>>Market share – compare the market cap of a currency with the total market cap.

>>>Usability – check, if there is a demand for its features and if there are active users of this blockchain already.

>>>Transactions volume – demonstrates if there is an interest towards the coin among market participants.

>>>Liquidity – low liquidity leads to high volatility, so the price may change drastically. High liquidity makes the market less volatile and more stable.

>>>Development of the technologies. If the technology laying in a basis of a currency can’t approached indicated goals, the project will not survive for long. Explore the road map and monitor all the upgrades.

>>>Market news. That’s what can significantly impact the currency’s rate. That’s why it’s important not only monitor news, but to react quickly as well.

I hope this post help for all investors  all the best
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto Debate

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:58:55 AM

we are waiting for this type of posts because when we plan for long term investment confusing for which coin we will select thanks for this merit post, this is help for all long term investors if i have Smerit surely provide this post   
Bit talk (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:15:11 AM

thank you to CD, if have any new points please add/share in this form for help to all investors 
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:16:51 AM

You can also add some precautions that investors shouldn't depend on the shout of the crowd.

Most of those coins are being hyped by different types of marketing and that's not how to choose a long term investment.  Overall you're list is a summary of it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
fransxavariustintin

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:23:17 AM

the information you provide is very good, as a beginner investor, I am very helpful with the information you provide, so far I only focus on the large and small volume of the market, I do not pay attention to other points for long-term investment, I hope the other beginners also pay attention to these points.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:25:16 AM

The quality of the project is important whike we are looking for a coin to invest in long term so choosing the coin based on the market cap value is not the right thing I think because if a good project at its ealry days then it may not have high market cap value or pick the coin already reputed then it involves less risks.
nguyet91btc

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:29:03 AM

>>>Market share – compare the market cap of a currency with the total market cap.

>>>Usability – check, if there is a demand for its features and if there are active users of this blockchain already.

>>>Transactions volume – demonstrates if there is an interest towards the coin among market participants.

>>>Liquidity – low liquidity leads to high volatility, so the price may change drastically. High liquidity makes the market less volatile and more stable.

>>>Development of the technologies. If the technology laying in a basis of a currency can’t approached indicated goals, the project will not survive for long. Explore the road map and monitor all the upgrades.

>>>Market news. That’s what can significantly impact the currency’s rate. That’s why it’s important not only monitor news, but to react quickly as well.

Thank you for your sharing. I would like to contribute the following ideas:
1. Project development team.
2. How did they achieve the goal of the roadmap?
loicuagio1979

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:32:57 AM

1. "compare the market cap of a currency with the total market cap." --> What do you use this information for? I think it's useless
2. "Usability – check". Tell me guy how do you check? and more important, how do you evaluate this?
3. " Transactions volume – demonstrates" it's too common and it depends on each coin and market situation also.

-> I don't think that will help because your information is not placed in specific cases and there are a number of important changes/examples which need to be made.
cryptoking33

Activity: 79
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:34:05 AM

This is an interesting post because the facts and features you stated above are very obvious. You need to carefully study the above features before you invest your hard earn money. However you need to know the project team you are dealing with if they have experience or not.

★☆★ Ultra ★☆★
Next-generation games distribution platform !
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:37:47 AM

I hope this post help for all investors  all the best

Good post. You've practically listed down the most essential tips in a very concise manner.

My only comment is grammar and the fact that you could have formatted it in a neater way as such:

• Market share – compare the market cap of a currency with the total market cap.
  • Usability – check, if there is a demand for its features and if there are active users of this blockchain already.
  • Transactions volume – demonstrates if there is an interest towards the coin among market participants.
  • Liquidity – low liquidity leads to high volatility, so the price may change drastically. High liquidity makes the market less volatile and more stable.
  • Development of the technology. If the technology can’t approach indicated goals, the project will not survive for long. Explore the road map and monitor updates.
  • Market news. That’s what can significantly impact the currency’s rate. That’s why it’s important not only monitor news, but to react quickly as well.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
kenellis2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:39:03 AM

I alway review a project via:
1. Development team.
2. Community
3. Follow roadmap.
4. Practical application
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:11:00 AM

Choosing a cryptocurrency for long term investments you should look at the product which this project offers, you need to know if it is a product that people will be using for years to come because that is how a project survives, when people use it, look at adoption and how loyal the investors are to the project that will give you your answer
VuLDK

Activity: 284
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:23:34 AM

Now choose eth to invest in the long term. With eth's current price , this is a good time to buy. Bitcoin prices are at a record low , never since the beginning of the year , and eth's prices come down. Eth is a coin , full of potential and worth investing , it's just behind bitcoin. Saving eth now is essential to the end of the year when it's rising to us , we can sell and make profit
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 11:31:36 AM

its the usability of the coin that I'm more after though.

monitoring the news from the developers are the hardest to keep up when you are busy of the other things you do. but its very profitable to have the information before anyone else expect something to happen because you can take advantage of the news.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 11:45:17 AM

There are many different criteria in choosing a cryptocurrency for long term holding. Your point prove to be reasonable and helpful especially for newbie. In my case, I choose to pick those crypto which are established and has a solid community already. Ethereum and bitcoin, of course, cannot be ignored they are always on my list. I also added, Komodo and Lisk for its technology.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:48:40 AM

[/b][/i]>>>Market share – compare the market cap of a currency with the total market cap.
pointless comparison. having a bigger market cap does not mean it can give you more profit (in fact the big market cap altcoins are known to give far less profit than the small ones). i have made gigantic profits from coins that didn't even have  1/10000 of the biggest market cap in the past multiple times!!!

this is a good factor to check but the problem is all the altcoins are the same  when it comes to usability, they have none!

this doesn't necessarily show you whether the coin is good or not but from this you may be able to detect dumps. since usually during the dumps the whales and miners start moving their coins to exchanges to sell which increases the transaction volume.

when seeking profit you want more volatility instead of low volatility.

i would say regarding liquidity there is a minimum that the  coin should have only to be able to support the amount you want to put it. it needs to be higher then that amount so that when you buy and then  later one dump the  coin you don't disturb the market much.

i completely agree with this. hopefully people pay more attention to this factor instead of silly things such as market cap.

that is like bread and butter when it comes to altcoins. 90% of the pump and dumps start with the news.
and for those who keep asking me how to find pumps, this here is one of the many ways you can use to detect pumps early on.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:59:37 AM

Thank you for sharing this information but I use simple way because too many opinion can make me confused. I only see from coinmarketcap list, see chart history and take open transactions. Besides that our experience also can use to decides what coins we should take as investment product. Keep going and see you all on the top.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
BIT WRLD

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:32:06 PM

Very good post and this is right time to buying coins, this post very helpful for new in this market, if I have Smarits I will give merit for this post thank you 
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:35:03 PM

You seems have good understanding about the marketplace fluctuations and good potential coins. I see you have shared the tips to find the good coins mate. Along with that you share the good coins like top 5 coins to invest to all the time.
Then the newbies will be use of it bro. I really appreciate your efforts for helping the newbie investors does not know about the crypto marketplace.
Bit talk (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:18:47 PM

thanks to all for sharing your knowledge on this forum
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: