Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:43:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The worst ever that could happen  (Read 3531 times)
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:14:33 PM

Sorry to hear your incident, with the address.

Always "label" so your organized.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
renee25

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:20:30 PM

the instawallet guys run bitcoin-central, they shutdown instawallet after someone discovered that they could access instawallet addresses from google...

many coins were stolen and they are trying to pay it back, slowly , as there is no proof of who is the real owner of each of those instawallet addresses.

they should get to you eventually.

Don't donate me: donate to nmc re-base development project.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:33:09 AM

Well, I can't get to excited. They told me they put me in rotation to receive my coins back in June, when they make their next payout to the people that lost money. Honestly it does stink, especially since I can see they already received my coins and moved them into another account. All you guys can clearly see that.

Did anyone hear of any reports of anyone getting paid back since that nightmare? (Which BTW I did lose money when they got hacked)
I remember they implemented some kind of claims system. How did that ever work out? Anyone know? Guess I need to start searching here.

Anyways, for the record, Boussac is the one that I reached out to and the one communicating with me. He just told me he reached out to
Davout and I guess that's who will be paying me back in June. Honestly both of them are ripped to shreds in these forums so I would love to have the pleasure saying they gave me back my coins. It would certainly lend to their credibility if they pay a person back when they don't have to as it was my assholishness that made the mistake in the first place.

Well, I can't do anything other than be patient. I will certainly very happy if they come through. Just don't know why I need to wait until June but I'll wait.

soooooo... they are using your coins to pay customers who lost previous coins?
that stinks of poo.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:15:26 AM

Well, I can't get to excited. They told me they put me in rotation to receive my coins back in June, when they make their next payout to the people that lost money. Honestly it does stink, especially since I can see they already received my coins and moved them into another account. All you guys can clearly see that.

Did anyone hear of any reports of anyone getting paid back since that nightmare? (Which BTW I did lose money when they got hacked)
I remember they implemented some kind of claims system. How did that ever work out? Anyone know? Guess I need to start searching here.

Anyways, for the record, Boussac is the one that I reached out to and the one communicating with me. He just told me he reached out to
Davout and I guess that's who will be paying me back in June. Honestly both of them are ripped to shreds in these forums so I would love to have the pleasure saying they gave me back my coins. It would certainly lend to their credibility if they pay a person back when they don't have to as it was my assholishness that made the mistake in the first place.

Well, I can't do anything other than be patient. I will certainly very happy if they come through. Just don't know why I need to wait until June but I'll wait.

soooooo... they are using your coins to pay customers who lost previous coins?
that stinks of poo.

hm....then whose coins will be used to pay OP?  Huh
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:22:23 PM

I wouldn't expect that you'll get your coins back. Just learn from the experience and be more careful in the future.

And don't borrow BTC anymore. It's a good idea to borrow as few money as possible (except for things like a house or an education), especially in a currency that has risen in value so much as BTC, you'll end up having to pay back way more than what the value was when you loaned it. Imagine BTC going up 10 times in value (don't say that will happen soon, if ever) then you have to spend 10 times as much fiat to buy back the BTC you loaned.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:39:59 AM

hm....then whose coins will be used to pay OP?  Huh

The next person who accidentally sends them 2 BTC?
CryptoMiner (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:10:29 PM

The guy Davout reached out to me unsolicited & on his own letting me know he's aware of the situation and asked if he could send the btc back to the same address the block chain shows they came from. I told him it would be a risky move since I sent them from a website in which my depositing address does not match the address the lost coins were sent from. I could reach out to the site and see what they can do but either way it's risky, no?

I asked if he would send the coins back to the very first depositing address (1DrB37v7pJBwcf9LZngzpxyhjN4eEZDdAVk) for that instawallet which was made on 8-22-2011 since I still have access to that original address.

I'm waiting for a reply now. I'll let you guys know how it goes but it looks like it could be promising. Fingers crossed guys. In case not...who was it asking for my donation address? =)
Duane Vick

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:30:08 AM

If they give back the coins, you should give them a reward for doing so. Perhaps they can use that reward towards paying off their debt.

1FMDNUutcKVTEAph3c8xCvZie7HaCC3xDt If you feel that I've contributed anything worthwhile, please donate.
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

If they give back the coins, you should give them a reward for doing so. Perhaps they can use that reward towards paying off their debt.

I'm prepared to be extremely generous if they do. Honestly the more time that passes, the more it's about the point. I have some confidence. They never had to admit they received anything and they did so that's a good sign. Waiting to hear back.
bok

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:51:17 PM

Oooh,, this sucks..
Keep us informed.

At this moment I have some challenges myself.
0,9 Coins into gox... (A.K.A sponsored to mark)
And a whole lot of coins parked by scammers on BTCjam. Sad
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:39:59 AM

Oooh,, this sucks..
Keep us informed.

At this moment I have some challenges myself.
0,9 Coins into gox... (A.K.A sponsored to mark)
And a whole lot of coins parked by scammers on BTCjam. Sad

Thanks bok. I'll keep you guys informed. Boussac and D=davout want to send the funds back to the wallet address where the coins came from. I need to first confirm the website where I sent the funds from will be able to retrieve the coins if I have them do that. Unfortunately my wallet on the site does not match the address the coins came from when I made the transaction.

What do you mean about scammers parked coins on btcjam? Please explain(You lost me, lol)

Thanks bok!
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:28:40 AM

Guys, I am extremely happy to let you all know that they sent me back every penny today. Yes, the guys at Paymium who ran instawallet just returned almost 4btc to me that I sent to their wallet by complete accident. A wallet address I had not used since 2011. I managed to figure out a way to prove that I was the one that set the coins, and after a few, 3 months ,I got paid back every penny.

I figured I owed it to them, davout and boussac, to let them know how much they made my day today.

Thanks guys!
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:38:40 AM

Guys, I am extremely happy to let you all know that they sent me back every penny today. Yes, the guys at Paymium who ran instawallet just returned almost 4btc to me that I sent to their wallet by complete accident. A wallet address I had not used since 2011. I managed to figure out a way to prove that I was the one that set the coins, and after a few, 3 months ,I got paid back every penny.

I figured I owed it to them, davout and boussac, to let them know how much they made my day today.

Thanks guys!

excellent, glad you finally got that sorted.  Smiley

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Minnlo

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:58:45 AM

Thanks guys!

Glad to see your got it back. To be honest, I am a bit surprised to see they agree to send it back to you. Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: