Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:21:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: It is hard to detect scammed bounty campaign..  (Read 37243 times)
Henry4457

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:54:01 AM

I believe you use the same level of scrutiny  to check bounties as you do with projects you are investing in, you will reduce drastically  your chances of being a victim of bounty scams
loansdd876

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:36:37 PM

It is not difficult at all. First of all, analyze the team behind the project and if the members of there team were participating in the successful  ICOs before. And the second factor is the concept of the project - it must be really well-thought and attract people into the project.
konflikkastil

Activity: 880
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 01:41:44 PM

indeed for now it is very difficult to determine the project is really real or just a scam because now they have a website design, whitepaper is perfect for that we must be careful and to avoid it we join a bounty manager who already has a big name

JuggSlash

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:59:26 PM

Yes, it is actually hard especially if they were professional in scamming people to fund their project
pinoyrichkids

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 02:06:46 PM

Thats correct., nowadays its really hard to detect the scam projects, at first its looking good after all, its gone, been a victim of this type of bounty even a multiple times and my efforts were not paid off., its really really hurting me, just like savedroid for example, been promoting this project since the start of the campaign, just to find out after the promotion, that the project is not working, i mean you know, look at the status now of this project, seems like they are not working anymore for their customers.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:11:21 AM

indeed for now it is very difficult to determine the project is really real or just a scam because now they have a website design, whitepaper is perfect for that we must be careful and to avoid it we join a bounty manager who already has a big name
The question a lot of people should be asking themselves is how experienced investors select where they want to invest. It is as simple as checking for the team to see if they can actually deliver, taking time to do some diligence on the project without wasting so much time on it, see if there is actually a product and how it can work in real life. With these things in check, there is no way anyone can be a victim of a scammed bounty.

Even experienced investors also may get slipped down but that must be an exceptional case as no one could be right all the times and for all 100% hence we need to be careful in another way. That another way must be diversification. Yes, we must invest at least two or more ICOs in order to suppress the potential risks. 
RaiNain

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:13:56 AM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?

Bounty scam is usually not from the dev party and also the admin of the ico is not willing to pay bounty participants, but usually scam a bounty due to a number of technical things such as not the number of coin ico they are sold so they can not pay bounty participants.
Bendz

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:17:53 AM

I also experienced the same thing, most I can only anticipate it by looking at the first website, then see the activity of the community in the telegram, and the last I always follow the bounty that if already have many participants.
EricJones

Activity: 156

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:15:34 AM

It is hard to detect scam bounties but that does not mean that it is impossible to do so. The one thing that I have found that scam bounties have in common is that you can never find the people behind the project and when there is faces behind the project when you check with these people there is no evidence that they are even working with such a project
Ciumex

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:18:14 AM

There are bounty campaigns that are obvious scam because of their websites and presentations. Because if you analyze their websites and whitepaper and all of its presentations, you can see it's not presentable. But there are campaigns that looks promising and will end up scam too. So I guess, let's all pray that we do not encounter such that. But its unavoidable.
akonrupom

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:26:21 AM

There are many bounties campaign and sometimes they do not give us rewards. It's not an easy thing to detect scams, scammer today are smart and they learn too. They will do their best to scam others. Many scammers are well educated people.
Well I agree to find difficult proofs of honesty of ICO, but nevertheless it is possible. It is necessary to read not one rating website and will get acquainted with the idea of the company and already further to make the decision to participate in her or not. Most I can only anticipate it by looking at the first website, then see the activity of the community in the telegram, and the last I always follow the bounty that if already have many participants.
arkaasay

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:29:32 AM

I used to experience this, after experiencing bounty scam for a few times, now I always do the first before before joining any bounty.
iellai

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 09:32:14 AM

Yes. It is true. Sometimes you cant say it is a scam even after a few weeks of doing bounty. Even after it ended. What I do is, check the background of the team handling the bounty.  And ask around. Like a common friend or be part of a community that do bounties too. It helps a lot to detect what is a scam and what is not.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:43:42 AM

To choose a bounty campaign, I advise you to look at the status of the manager on this forum. The higher the status, the more reliable. This does not give a 100% guarantee, but most of the scams come from managers with the status of Newbie.

See the ICO rating on sites such as ICOBench and others. Do not join companies with a rating below 60% (3.5 on ICOBench).

Do not join the company from any managers from Amazix.

P.S. In choosing a bounty, this free table can help you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19fLkDCH0E4uOrYlgqAVixmCIOGupLl8cLRlwttvXsT8/edit#gid=0
Your tips are correct, but confusing is one-why can not we join campaigns with bonuses run by Amazix managers? In the end, they have many successful projects, which they lead.
Marusia22

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:44:02 AM

It's hard to find out that a certain bounty campaign is a scam. Even the most popular bounty campaign that seems very legit but later on you'll find out that it's a scam. I experienced that once. I was in that campaign for almost 2 months then suddenly I found out that they are no longer active and devs cannot be contacted anymore. That's how it is. We just let it pass and move on.
Yes, I fully agree with you. I've been in the company for a month, but I do not have any doubts about my company's unreliability. The most important thing in my opinion is the table which should be updated every week and more telegrams to contact the site administrator. And do you think, if not secret.
hani1929

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 10:11:33 AM

That's true, Ive heard also that one of my friend, they do signature campaign for almost 2 months  and they don't get paid anything some of my friend also its been a year and they didn't receive payments from their signature campaign. its really hard to hard to detect if they're good bounty or not. Because in first theyre good project and then in the middle of their project its just got scammed away and we do give our time to do our task and we didn't get paid.

Kirmalew

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:32:17 PM

Users from time to time don't get awarded the tokens or these are not much but that's crypto world and they might capture more in another occasion.
sjadn12912999

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:52:19 AM

I believe you can avoid some scam bounty and the best way to avoid some scam bounty is to join bounties been manager by some good managers, there are many good bounty managers in the forum so join their bounty and you will avoid scam.
Lima0396

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:56:38 AM

Its very hard as some trusted bounty manager too do fall for this  just because most of them dont do much screening before accepting the project just because of the money they want to make...
kelincrad

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:14:29 AM

It is almost impossible to do. Because they are well disguised. Even the most experienced can easily get caught in the Scam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: