Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Publicly traded mining business?  (Read 2345 times)
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:23:38 PM

If you produce a professional quality business plan for this, such as I would expect from a "real world" investment opportunity, which demonstrates to me you are serious and competent, I pledge to match whatever Peter L initially invests in you up to the BTC equivalent of £250.

If you deliver ~10% annual return over the first 6 months of operation, I'll double my investment. If you deliver ~10% annual return over the next 6 months, I'll double my investment again.

I want Bitcoin to succeed and I will put my hard earned money where my mouth is.

If you can offer me three verifiable examples of your solid reputation via sites such as Ebay etc ... I will double the investment pledges made above.

Feel free to PM me.

Ben, here is the business plan.

Executive Summary
Through superior management, effective leveraging of technology and a focus on results, BitCorp Mining Company (BitCO) will become the pre-eminent commercial Bitcoin Miner.  

Objectives
1. Increase mining capacity when cost effective, up to 15 GH/s.
2. Generate sufficient excess BTC to pay a stable and generous dividend.
3. Develop a well informed, financially savvy investor base.

Mission
BitCorp is built on the assumption that there is a distinct lack of trustworthy and responsible Bitcoin mining businesses.  We aim to change that perception by being unquestionably trustworthy and responsible, while also displaying the utmost professional ability.  Our number one priority is our shareholders.  To that end, we strive to create value through honest dealing and solid dividend payments.

Keys to Success
1. Differentiate from fly-by-night operators.
2. Build solid reputation that makes investors want to get involved.  
3. Increase share price through consistent and unfailing monthly dividends.

Company Summary
BitCo is a mature organization with stable operations.  Through our network of 26 miners, we are able to maintain a stable mining capacity of 10 GH/s.  Our technical know-how allows us to achieve fantastic up-time with few unplanned outages.  Our cost structure is very low due to favorable cooling methods as well as very cheap electricity.

Company Ownership
BitCO is currently majority owned by its founder, with a minority stake being held by our CTO.  No other individuals currently have an ownership stake.  

Company History
BitCO has been successful in BTC mining from its very first day of operation.  Started in February of 2011, BitCO has grown organically to its current size.  

Past Performance                       June                        July                                   Aug
Production (in BTC)                                 63.7                        85.9                                121.35
Operating Expenses (in BTC)                   31.5                        45.2                                  55.6
Free BTC flow                                 32.2                        40.7                                  65.75

Balance Sheet: August
Short-term Assets
Cash:  BTC 127.55
Accounts receivable:  BTC 80
Total Short-term Assets:  BTC 207.55

Long-term Assets
Capital Assets:  $7,502
Total Long-term Assets:  $7,502
Total Assets:  $7,502

Company Locations and Facilities
We have three locations:
1)   A residential office, with 3,000 MH/s of capacity.  Upgradable and expandable.
2)   2,000 SF class A office space with 3,000 MH/s of capacity.  Nearly maxed out on capacity.
3)   3.500 SF class A office space with 4,500 MH/s of capacity.  Large additional capacity.  

Products and Services
BitCO engages in 2 lines of business.  The primary business activity is the mining of Bitcoin.  The secondary business is the occasional selling of a mining contract to 3rd parties.  When management finds it advantageous, they engage in mining contracts that are short-term in nature and encompass a portion of BitCO’s capacity.

Competitive Comparison
BitCO has built a cutting edge, highly reliable network of miners.  Our operations are not what you would find in a garage of a teenager stealing their parents electricity.  All of our machines are state of the art, properly cooled, and adequately protected from the elements (read: no naked motherboards lying on boxes).

Main Competitors
There are currently several mining companies already is existence, but we do not view them as competitors.  Namely, since we are not competing for customers of a product, but merely mining a commodity, we do not compete.  That being said, we aim to be the pre-eminent investment opportunity in the Bitcoin mining community for the reasons stated above.

Strategy and Implementation Summary
Our strategy is to continue to operate professionally, and provide great returns to our shareholders.  We would like to broaden ownership of BitCO in order to both unlock value, as well as broaden the investment opportunities available for BTC.  We plan to implement our strategy with a private placement of a small number of shares to interested parties that meet our criteria.  

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
322i0n

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 09:30:32 PM

will this be offered on glbse.com?

Supporting The Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation
BTC: 1C1w6t1dMkEXeCntURxDiBiWsTbdJbvTr9
NMC: N6uNpVPAdpTur4Hwr8Sqgd6kxcKPto4S2T
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:39:30 PM

will this be offered on glbse.com?

I really don't think I want to go that route. 

I am considering offering shares on the forum.  Originally I would like to find 5 "angel" investors that are interested.  After several months of successful operations, they will be able to give an assessment to the forum. 

If they are thrilled with their investment and the ROI is has had, then I believe more people will want in.  My end goal is to create a market for the shares that can be freely traded amongst the BTC community. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:56:48 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2011, 10:12:09 PM by Otoh

I'd like in, if I meet your investor criteria, as possible angel or more general shareholder

Edit: eBay messaged one of my ID/feedbacks there

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 10:08:39 PM

So how would you handle dividends and share ownership? Would you keep a record of all shareholders + their bitcoin addresses, and each time a trade is made they register it with you?

I was thinking about this.

At first I would do exactly as you suggest.  I would keep the record of the 5-10 original shareholders as well as their information if they choose to share more than their address.  When more shares are issued, I will probably have to explore listing on an exchange.  If I feel I can handle the record keeping for 50-75 shares, I might continue handling it "in house".  I am thinking something like daily clearing would be adequate....just process any daily trades once nightly and update my records accordingly. 

I would like to restrict trading for the first few months, ie, a lock-up period in order to prove the company is viable before creating a market for the shares. 

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:01:38 PM

I'm wondering how many total shares there will be (yours included) and how much each share will cost for the initial investment?  Just got a work bonus so I'm in a position to invest.
stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:20:29 PM

What's the long term capital asset?  The amount of cash you have on reserve?  Hardware/equipment cost?
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:27:04 PM

I'm wondering how many total shares there will be (yours included) and how much each share will cost for the initial investment?  Just got a work bonus so I'm in a position to invest.

We currently have 1,000 shares outstanding (and will issue no more).  I own the majority of those shares, my CTO owns the remainder.  We are willing to sell 100 of these shares to angel investors at a annual yield of 15%.  This would translate into a per share price of 8 BTC.  Each share would initially pay monthly dividends of .1 BTC, with room for increases as seen fit.

yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:28:56 PM

What's the long term capital asset?  The amount of cash you have on reserve?  Hardware/equipment cost?

The long term capital assets consist entirely of BitCO's hardware.  Cash (on reserve) is held entirely in BTC and is listed in short term assets. 

stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 12:01:50 AM

The long term capital assets consist entirely of BitCO's hardware.  Cash (on reserve) is held entirely in BTC and is listed in short term assets. 

7.5k of hardware is hashing out 10 gh?  That is impressive considering the hardware is well protected.
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 01:12:51 AM

7.5k of hardware is hashing out 10 gh?  That is impressive considering the hardware is well protected.

I had 8 workstations with 2 open PCIx slots each.  I did not count the sunk cost of the workstations in the capital assets.

Hope that makes a little more sense. 

yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:31:04 PM

For those of you interested in making an investment, please get in touch with me through a PM.  We can discuss details as well as determine an appropriate initial stake.

I will probably re-post my business plan on a new thread to facilitate further interest. 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: