Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:02:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much money and bitcoins do you need to influence the price?  (Read 1581 times)
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:17:14 AM

if asked how much, I can only answer as much as possible, but if the current situation can attract new investors even if they invest in small capital, but the number of investors may be a lot of influence on price increases, besides that we must continue to provide support and motivation for the old bitcoin holders are not tempted to sell bitcoin at least in the near future, and also actually if it is possible bitcoin attracts large companies or millionaires to join here, maybe it's good we continue to convey positive information about bitcoin and suppress the existence of FUD even though this it has reduced its influence but at least this is one of the efforts we can do to pump prices back up again
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:40:57 AM

You need an amount of bitcoin that worth billions for a guaranteed change in the price movement. These can't be done by only one man or whale and it needs to be an organized group. They might have done it before but regulations are strict now so that is why we rarely see a large fluctuation today.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:48:04 AM

You need an amount of bitcoin that worth billions for a guaranteed change in the price movement. These can't be done by only one man or whale and it needs to be an organized group. They might have done it before but regulations are strict now so that is why we rarely see a large fluctuation today.
they can work together to achieve common goals. with action they are working on, it will certainly affect the psychology of other traders. and finally have a broad impact, so they succeed
PaulRobertT

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:41:12 AM

This question is really hard to answer, we can not exactly know how much we should invest in it, if anyone knows it will no longer be called the bitcoin market anymore.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1414
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 08:11:13 AM

manipulating the price of bitcoin, it might only take around 15 BTC plus the luck factor. 15 BTC is used to pay mass media around the world to post things about bitcoin, and even though it is a hoax. The main purpose of this false news dissemination is, to create an atmosphere of panic throughout the community, whether it is panic sell which will cause prices to fall, or panic buy which causes prices to rise. If this fails, then the price will not change, because manipulating the price of Bitcoin is not as easy as manipulating altcoin prices that have a small daily trading volume
margaret22

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:17:02 AM

It depends on which coin we talk about. To influence Bitcoin's price by your own, you would need a lot of them for sure, which I think not many Bitcoin investor has. And also, as I heard, big whales trade in OTC markets, which does not influence Bitcoin's price.

Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:29:01 AM

It depends if you want to do short term influence or long term influence. Short term I would say even 100-200k could do the trick right now because of the low volume and low price. But if you want to affect things long term (where the big boys play) you would need somewhere around 10-20M. Take away a couple zeros if you are able to use margin websites.

How much money and Bitcoins do you need to influence the price? A Huge some of investment for one single transaction would influence the trading price market put in by investors on specific coin as posted on the market. Market investment by the consumer's into Crypto Currency Market would change the market structure dependent on the Volume of investment made. To the price as to much still it is dependent on the investors decision if he has the Million whom willing to lost for a single transaction.?
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 09:47:37 AM

If we are talking about minor exchanges for sure 1000+btc and something like 100k+USD and u can easily manipulate the price on minor markets.
Id you wanna be huge whale marketmaker so maybe 20k+ bitcoins and 2-4M USD will be fine to start  Tongue
It should not even be about minor exchanges, it basically just has to do more with the volume of the market in any of those exchanges. Manipulating is actually not an easy task as you will really need to be reading some emotions on the charts, and this is how manipulators tend to do their thing.

Look for the perfect moment, instigate bullish momentum, get people to participate, and then before you know it, you will see the volume increasing the more until you get to a point where you are able to offload. But at the same time, you will also really need to be careful which market you are actually trying to manipulate, so as a whale, you do not eventually get burned.
cintamoni

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:08:29 AM

if asked how much, I can only answer as much as possible, but if the current situation can attract new investors even if they invest in small capital, but the number of investors may be a lot of influence on price increases, besides that we must continue to provide support and motivation for the old bitcoin holders are not tempted to sell bitcoin at least in the near future, and also actually if it is possible bitcoin attracts large companies or millionaires to join here, maybe it's good we continue to convey positive information about bitcoin and suppress the existence of FUD even though this it has reduced its influence but at least this is one of the efforts we can do to pump prices back up again
Market is to much down and i don't think it come back with the invest of $1000 or $2000. We need more investor if we want to make bitcoin more unstable. I think only big companies can now do something.
domarakooth

Activity: 94
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:09:25 AM

I don't think we need any kind of invest to bring back the last price of bitcoins. We should stop listening the false news about bitcoins and the fomo which government makes. I believe panic selling are the only fault which makes bitcoin fall down.
hsyncl

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 10:11:17 AM

Which is very important for what coin you trade in the market. While this figure can be incredibly high in Btc trading, you can also determine the price in the market with very small numbers in a newly entered coin.

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:13:15 PM

In my opinion, it must have been more demands on the market to influence the price. So, let us encourage people to adopt or involve in bitcoin for us to build market demand.
That is not what this is about. Sure, more demand will most definitely affect the movement of the price upward, but in this case, the OP is referring to manipulations and how much you will really need to be able to achieve that, assuming you are a whale. You will need a lot actually, but how much you will need, will depend on how big the market you are manipulating is.

Most times, low volume coins are always easier to manipulate than big volume coins, so in that case, the volume of the market you are trying to manipulate will somehow be directly proportional to the volume of your own pocket.
jjohnathn

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:24:10 AM

A investment with millions can effect the market and bring back the real price which was in December.Better to invite more people to invest with bitcoin to make it influence.
Rejevunator

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:25:08 AM

We have to spared bitcoin everywhere so people come back and invest with bitcoins make the supply decrease and increase the demand. More the demand, better it is for the bitcoins.
Adhichan

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:32:05 AM

It depends on which coin we talk about. To influence Bitcoin's price by your own, you would need a lot of them for sure, which I think not many Bitcoin investor has. And also, as I heard, big whales trade in OTC markets, which does not influence Bitcoin's price.
individual investors could influence to bitcoin price in market.it would need huge money to did it and only big speculators that have several consortium member able to make price move up and down.
Big-bigger-bitcoin

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:49:27 AM

I don't think we need any kind of invest to bring back the last price of bitcoins. We should stop listening the false news about bitcoins and the fomo which government makes. I believe panic selling are the only fault which makes bitcoin fall down.
Yes that is very right, I think we need to remain positive and should spread good news about the project, I do not think that now it is so easy to influence the bitcoin price, because now the bitcoin investors area increasing from time to time.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:38:37 AM

I think they are quite different stuff. If you have money (enough money) than you do not need influence and if you have enough influence over people than you do not need money. Now money is "easier" part, not that its easier to have that much money but it is easier for me to explain honestly.

If you have couple hundred million dollars that you can spend on bitcoin that is enough to actually put stuff over the ressistance or support, whenever bitcoin is close to one of them you can spend some money to throw it to the other side and it will keep moving that side quickly.

Influence on the other hand is a difficult one. Crypto currency world is a very decentralized world, we are so decentralized that we can't really trust on anyone and there are really very few people that could change the crypto world. Maybe if satoshi comesback and says something but we may not even believe that, maybe vitalik could say something that would drop ethereum but even that could be temporary.
johnalyn

Activity: 314

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:50:23 AM

I think it depends to a investors if he want to put a big or small amount of his money to influence the current markets value and I think having your own investments to offer in bitcoin is enough to support and make his value increase no matter what happened.

Code:
◆Telegram ◆Twitter  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper ◆Reddit
         ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚         
calya

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:54:36 AM

I think it depends to a investors if he want to put a big or small amount of his money to influence the current markets value and I think having your own investments to offer in bitcoin is enough to support and make his value increase no matter what happened.
any amount of money coming to market could make bitcoin price move,although maybe just give small influence.this is not important for us.better to think how to make bitcoin price recovered again.
Abu Shadow

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:44:58 PM

If the SEC says that the high price increase of last year was manipulation, then they must bring the proof. Let's do our own

informal assessment of the situation and determine what would be needed to cause that kind of a spike in the price.  Wink
I'd always believed  that the market has been manipulated but you made me shook my head after reading your point about this topic.

$1 billion isn't enough and even $10 Billion will only give small impact to the price of bitcoin which can move for about +$100 to it's price. (IMO)

Can't say on how much money is needed to make the price move and start manipulating it. I'd say if there is, then it can be a big group that has more $50 billion.
This data shock me for that big amount of money needed to influence the bitcoin price. If it's correct then it shows that no single person could manipulate the bitcoin price with the use of his own money. It should be a group of whales that can influence and those bad news that will panic the investors to sell their bitcoin.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: