Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:32:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Agilmine - Your REAL Altcoin FPGA miner [Updated! 8/16]  (Read 5205 times)
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 01:22:53 AM

Nice introduction.

I await your further elaboration on specs and other use details.

I always knew FPGA devices would be prominent at some point;  but most people don't understand the linearity of a FPGA vs. a common CPU/GPU.

Will the bitstreams be open-source as to allow community additions and enhancements?

Trust me;  if you manufacture and sell the hardware;  people would rather buy it than remanufacture the hardware themselves.  It's a no-brainer.

Encrypting and locking down bitstreams with hard coded fees are a HUGE turn off in my eyes.  Mining was never intended to be that way.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arm_race (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 9

Contact dev@agilmine.com for our FPGA miner info!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 02:04:20 AM

Nice introduction.

I always knew FPGA devices would be prominent at some point;  but most people don't understand the linearity of a FPGA vs. a common CPU/GPU.

Will the bitstreams be open-source as to allow community additions and enhancements?

Trust me;  if you manufacture and sell the hardware;  people would rather buy it than remanufacture the hardware themselves.  It's a no-brainer.

Encrypting and locking down bitstreams with hard coded fees are a HUGE turn off in my eyes.  Mining was never intended to be that way.

at this point, we are more pro open than close, i would just feel so wrong by forcing a dev fee on the miners, which i really hate personally being a miner myself. but we also need to figure out a way to protect the copy right, these bitfiles worth months of hardwork, it would also be wrong if someone just steal it and use on some cheaper clones..

Agilmine Altcoin FPGA Miner (dev@agilmine.com)
Discord: https://discord.gg/R36gzXM
Mailist Product Update: http://eepurl.com/dMfjhQ
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 02:40:58 AM

at this point, we are more pro open than close, i would just feel so wrong by forcing a dev fee on the miners, which i really hate personally being a miner myself. but we also need to figure out a way to protect the copy right, these bitfiles worth months of hardwork, it would also be wrong if someone just steal it and use on some cheaper clones..

As long as hardware costs aren't unrealistic, I would be in to purchase one this being the case.

People on this site can be animals, on either side of the coin.  so as long as you approach the sales and claims in a realistic manner... things should go well for you in that regard.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:39:36 AM

Nice introduction.

I don't mind a devfee. I pay JCE CN miner 1,5% devfee and it's normal.
I pay SRB 0,85% devfee and it's normal.
I pay phoenix miner 0,65% devfee.
Up to 2% is reasonnable, especially with "exotic" algos, although I won't pay more than 2% for ETASH.
miki_cba

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:16:59 AM

hi, please have in mind people that not live in USA or europa ($ 400 is like a little more of the half of the monthly salary for example). i really love try this in argentina but normally no shippings or they are expensive ones, bad politics (50% tax in anything that cost more than 25usd) and really bad currency exchange rate haha.

i dont know why im very curious on the way that FPGA works and what can do.

please keep us updated with this.
Great work.

arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 04:05:39 AM

hi, please have in mind people that not live in USA or europa ($ 400 is like a little more of the half of the monthly salary for example). i really love try this in argentina but normally no shippings or they are expensive ones, bad politics (50% tax in anything that cost more than 25usd) and really bad currency exchange rate haha.

i dont know why im very curious on the way that FPGA works and what can do.

please keep us updated with this.
Great work.

true. we will have to look into how to best serve you guys internationally.
for the price, unofficially, I have confidence to bring it down below $400 if we receive enough order, which i can use to negotiate better deal with the suppliers/manufacturers, but i don't want it to sound like some scam to some people so i will keep quite for now, and share more info later when we have a viable product for sale.  Wink Smiley
it is still not cheap, but you are looking at a mining device that is equivalent to gpu miner performance (on some algo) at 20w power consumption. setting up a gpu rig requires motherboard, cpu, ssd, etc, the overall expense would be much higher than our fpga solution.

the fpga board is expensive to make, i feel like i would be lucky if i don't lose too much money working on this project  Sad
but it is fun Grin

chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:24:51 AM

Why is Your name of the thread so similar to other one running FPGA sales? Do You REALLY need to emphasize that it is REAL product? I mean, every buyer expects real product.

arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 07:19:53 PM

Why is Your name of the thread so similar to other one running FPGA sales? Do You REALLY need to emphasize that it is REAL product? I mean, every buyer expects real product.

I don't know about the other thread you are referring to. Agilmine means an "agile" miner, which can evolve and adapt to different algo. inspired by Agilent actually  Grin
buyers all expect real products, but what they get in the end? there are just so many scammers nowadays.

markiz73

Activity: 1190
Merit: 641

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:50:11 PM

Nice introduction.

I don't mind a devfee. I pay JCE CN miner 1,5% devfee and it's normal.
I pay SRB 0,85% devfee and it's normal.
I pay phoenix miner 0,65% devfee.
Up to 2% is reasonnable, especially with "exotic" algos, although I won't pay more than 2% for ETASH.

Is a devfee a problem for you?
People will still find ways how not to pay developers.

The most important is the profit and payback of this equipment. Dev, for example, increase the devfee and reduce the cost.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 08:47:51 PM

Is a devfee a problem for you?
People will still find ways how not to pay developers.

The most important is the profit and payback of this equipment. Dev, for example, increase the devfee and reduce the cost.

perpetual never ending fees, are not the answer. 

Relying on a devfee to cover the hardware costs is an insane idea to be frank... not a winning strategy for the dev or the hardware.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:58:26 PM

OP, do you have any tech spec from your hardware design?
At least also provide us your spec, so we can really judge the performance of your fpga miner. Is it really worth to invest or not.
I myself play around already with legit and top of the line fpga development board, therefore able to give you hints at least on the performance wise based on your fpga chips and algorithm.
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 04:20:52 AM

Updated! Cheers  Grin

NoIdeaAsWell

Activity: 47
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:35:54 AM

Nope !
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 02:33:50 PM

if you can please share your thoughts, i hope this be a grassroots movement that we can continuously learn and improve our product. thanks.

Nope !

arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 04:44:40 AM

for those who think this is a scam. we are ready to send demo boards to reputable forum member for verification and review soon.  Wink

lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:11:39 AM
Merited by VoskCoin (1)

for those who think this is a scam. we are ready to send demo boards to reputable forum member for verification and review soon.  Wink

Send it to Vosk, he will give you an in-depth unbiased YouTube review and he has tons of followers
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 06:54:17 AM

vosk or phillipma are my suggestions from this end =)

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Belg

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

So which chip are you using?
You mention 28nm so I'm guessing Xilinx 7-series?
Perhaps the Artix7-200T?
The hashrates seems reasonable for that at least.

Is USB the only communication interface with the host?
Seems a bit limiting to only have that as interface.
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 02:01:36 PM

No, we are using Microchip Polarfire series flash based fpga chips, new product this year.
This is only our first prototype, we can add a tiny PCIe to the final product. but it will add a small design risk for the change, and i'd like to know how many customers may ask for it? and for what usage? thanks.

So which chip are you using?
You mention 28nm so I'm guessing Xilinx 7-series?
Perhaps the Artix7-200T?
The hashrates seems reasonable for that at least.

Is USB the only communication interface with the host?
Seems a bit limiting to only have that as interface.

hiroshidw

Activity: 490
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:21:12 PM
Merited by VoskCoin (1)

vosk or phillipma are my suggestions from this end =)

I agree with you, send to one of this users or better, sent do both
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: