Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:55:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you buy bitcoin in December 2017?  (Read 1507 times)
Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:07:30 PM

It is an undisputed fact that those are affected much by this sudden drop in bitcoin price are those who bought it in December last year when bitcoin was skyrocketing. I understand the emotional trauma you are going through. Nobody will be happy watching his investment losing value like that. I want to encourage you that the downfall of a man is not the end. In June 2017, nobody ever thought of bitcoin hitting $20k by December 2017 and that is the beauty of bitcoin. It takes only minutes for bitcoin price to either rise or fall. Never dump your coin out of fear. Let's keep our fingers  crossed and hope for the best. If you understand that Bitcoin is a long term investment, you wouldn't panic when the price falls within some short period of time. We will all laugh soon
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:22:18 PM

You are quite correct. People who invested during mid December and late December will be worried now, that is if they are not long time believers because since its ATH, it has not got to $13,000
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:28:21 PM

If you understand that Bitcoin is a long term investment, you wouldn't panic when the price falls within some short period of time. We will all laugh soon

This is the funny thing though. Most people who put money in the December rush likely wanted to earn easy bucks by riding the wave. Lots of them have probably already cut their losses and sold low (I'm assuming that panic selling was a huge factor in the massive slide). I can't imagine casual users being very enthusiastic about their investment dropping around 30% of what it once was lol.

Still, you're not wrong. Those who are still HODLing on, you don't lose any money until you sell at a loss. No one really has any idea when Bitcoin will reach such heights again, but if Bitcoin's development proceeds as it should, I feel like it's an inevitability. Wait until you break even at least!

BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:31:37 PM

No, I haven't but I know quite few people who have.
Maybe from current perspective this doesn't look as very wise decision but back then everyone was expecting that Bitcoin price will go far over 20000$ in just few months. That didn't happen and to my opinion it will not happen so soon again but those who have bought bitcoin at such high price just have to wait and hold long enough to avoid complete loss and disaster.
jose111

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:37:04 PM

Actually no, because it's really not advisable to buy in the pump season because there's a high tendency that we can encountered a much decreasing value or much lower value.  It is really sad that we are encountered a long period of dump and our investment are slowly decreasing. However, despite of many dips we've been experienced we still  believe and supporting this system because for sure that after this dump there will be a biggest pump will happen.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:39:28 PM

I did buy Bitcoin in December 2017 during the ATH and I don't regret it and I don't panic as many other people do. I have been watching Bitcoin for some time and I understand that it is a temporary state. Bitcoin value is going to increase because of many upcoming events. The transaction fees and speed seems to be much better than a few months ago which is positive and might affect the price.

karim30

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:49:27 PM

I do not buy bitcoin at the time of December 2017. But I know some friends bought bitcoin at that time for nearly 20k usd. I understand their situation now. If they sell at the highest price in 2018 is 9k7 usd then they still have half the loss compared to buying
Pendularin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:53:20 PM

It is an undisputed fact that those are affected much by this sudden drop in bitcoin price are those who bought it in December last year when bitcoin was skyrocketing. I understand the emotional trauma you are going through. Nobody will be happy watching his investment losing value like that. I want to encourage you that the downfall of a man is not the end. In June 2017, nobody ever thought of bitcoin hitting $20k by December 2017 and that is the beauty of bitcoin. It takes only minutes for bitcoin price to either rise or fall. Never dump your coin out of fear. Let's keep our fingers  crossed and hope for the best. If you understand that Bitcoin is a long term investment, you wouldn't panic when the price falls within some short period of time. We will all laugh soon
I dont buy bitcoin in December because I know its not advisable to buy bitcoin in pump season and the price of it is quite bad thats why I decided not to buy .
vktrglbr

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:53:43 PM

I bought in September 2017. But in December i opened some altcoin deals. Thank you for motivational post. Its really hard, but I believe all will be a rocket. Averaging my positions - its good way and decision.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1936
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 01:57:54 PM

No, because this time I have selling. Actually mid-2017 year I have buy bitcoin and save it my wallet.then when Bitcoin price going big up 2017 last year then quickly I sold out my bitcoin.this same time now i have hold some Bitcoin and I'm also waiting pumping days when Bitcoin price going to moon...
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:59:24 PM

no i didn't it even i was sold some of my bitcoin at that month however people in my country were buy bitcoin at december 2017 and they're already lost their money because when the price fall rapidly they already being an panic sellers and indeed those who buy bitcoin at high price only expect bitcoin rise up continue but in fact correction price happened
agatha90

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:01:07 PM

There is a little I bought in the month of December, only about 200 $, I feel sorry why when bitcoin skyrocketed I did not sell it, I still keep holding up to reach $ 20,000, it turns out I guess I miss.
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:05:45 PM

true, december is coming to welcome bitcoin awakening, panic is a desperate attitude that leads to loss, let us support cryptocurrency

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

Vanes_brz

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 02:05:54 PM

I didn't buy in December.. but I sympathize with those who did it! The main thing is not to sell!!! otherwise, fix the minus.. wait.. wait.. and the cue ball goes up again!
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:06:00 PM

I bought a small amount of Bitcoin at this time, and switched to altcoin after that time, when I predicted the market would explode altcoin after Bitcoin, but in fact not yet this moment, I hope occurring at the end of 2018
DarLim11

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:10:30 PM

I did bought some but in the end I just lost money in it. I entered the market at the wrong time. But that can help me learn more about the mistakes I am doing.

Entering the market is very crucial to maximize profit or atleast not lose money.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:11:12 PM

Fortunately no,but i have been selling my coin in november when i need some money.No one expect that december bitcoin can reach the ATH,what a shame.I know that we just have to wait again,because it takes a long time to make bitcoin reach the new ATH,so let's just wait and don't lose hope because bitcoin still have future.
cryptokingdom

Activity: 236

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 02:16:02 PM

You just ask question that touches what I did this morning, there was a particular fraction of bitcoin I bought last year December and I have a pressing need for money today and I decided to sell the bitcoin today but the money I got is far smaller than the amount I invested.

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:18:22 PM

Clearly not, as i already figured that once it reaches $10k and still rises, it's absolutely pure hysteria from that point onward, and indeed I'm correct. Several signs suggest that it's already overbought and overpriced while the media is just catching up, enticing people to buy in and add fire to the flame when clearly it couldn't hold any longer. Those who bought in late are the ones who thought they're in for a quick buck without analyzing the price and the market conditions deeper, and the only thing left for them to keep the losses at a minimum is to wait for it to at least get in the $10k ranges and call it quits from then on.

paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:25:43 PM

If you are not new into bitcoin you woundnt buy bitcoin at that price unless you are at short term and not in long term. I sell some bitcoin on december that time but I did not reach 20k usd on that point. I sell it at around 17k to 18k still no regret even bitcoin value goes up into 20k its a win win situation for me at that time. The biggest amount that I got for a certain period of month only.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: