Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POW][XPP] PrivatePay - Secure and Private | Payment Ecosystem | Revolusion  (Read 8134 times)
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:00:58 PM

10% PREMINE?HuhHuhHuh??
ARE YOU JOKING???
Project dead already!

Don't bother with this, it's literally a copy of Masari with no new additions whatsoever.

It also doesn't have much of a roadmap except for "Our Mission" in the OP which is not only vague but it's also a pretty silly analogy in itself. Because, if "Jilian" has spent a lot of time mining and accumulating the coin, she definitely knows how to exchange them to FIAT, it's not really rocket science. The "actual" roadmap is also pretty vague and somewhat unrealistic.

One of the members of the "core" team said that Whitepaper is "really wanted by many" and "I will let the guys draft one out" as if it is a mundane piece that contains a bunch of buzzwords and gibberish. Well, let me tell you, if you're looking for real investors who know what they are doing, then you better draft an impeccable whitepaper and make sure to cover every aspect of your future plans or else it'll look amateurish and forced.

The "core" team introduction is laughable. If you want to be a legal entity (you said you do), listing common names like Andrew, Jake, and Jessica without actually linking to any profile from a reputable site is just as good as me saying Michael Jordan is my dad.

You have tackled one of the most impossible things in crypto and that's the introduction of ATM's alongside with >your debit cards. In order for anyone to believe in that story, you will have to deliver a well-written whitepaper, links to core team's profiles, a comprehensive roadmap, and much more.

Given that you failed to deliver all of those by now, it's safe to assume you're playing around that 10% premine and waiting for a listing or two in order to exit like dozens of other similar coins did.

Have fun.

I love how all of a sudden an "impeccable" whitepaper and real, full names become of paramount importance to some people. Oh, and only for some coins. Did Bitcoin have a whitepaper? Do you know who Nakamoto is? Then why is it relevant now?

Judge them on whether or not they're delivering what they promise, not their Microsoft Word skills.

Bitcoin did have a whitepaper.  Perhaps you should educate yourself before displaying your ignorance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tf2addict

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:03:30 PM

This is not a legit project.  The market seems to agree so far given that the market cap of this coin is literally in the bottom 0.1% of all coins.

The 10% premine is almost worthless, especially given that they won't be able to sell it without collapsing the price even more.
overboardsea123s

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:33:40 AM

Is there any tutorial to set up the miner? I keep seeing these new coins list XMR miners copied/pasted same "Getting Started" page but never works.
BrotherBTC

Activity: 202
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:48:48 AM

Meet Adevplus and join the airdrop

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4683149
tf2addict

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:00:36 PM

Does anyone know the current circulating supply of PrivatePay?
andnet

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:24:03 PM

PP dead for mining. RIP
cr1pt9

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:42:33 AM

Does anyone know the current circulating supply of PrivatePay?

Premine was 10%, 1.84m coins that developers hold + 350-400k mined, my guess based on the current block height and block reward.

~2.2m (market cap ~60k usd)

Very low coin price is keeping developers from getting away with money. 50k usd(what developers hold) won't make you rich and it's impossible to dump 1.84m coins without significant drop in value, so you're looking at 10-20k usd getaway money. This project has most certainly burned more than this so far Smiley If the project shows any real value soon, it's going to make an easy 10-15x jump in price short term.
tf2addict

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:19:07 AM

This project is such a blatant scam.  So glad the price keeps dumping.
tf2addict

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:59:23 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2018, 12:56:11 AM by tf2addict

This project is such a blatant scam.  So glad the price keeps dumping.

don't see how it is a blatant scam? can you explain why?

Do you really think a small anonymous team is going to be able to hook up with a major debit card provider?  And how are they going to handle instant payments/debits?  This is no small feat from a technical perspective, just look at ETN and Graft as examples.  And their whitepaper is totally lacking in real information.  Who is "Phil Reynolds"?  His last name wasn't even listed on the bitcointalk thread initially IIRC, it was added later.  Is there any way to verify his name?  Why not post a link to his LinkedIn page or something?

If I were going to design a scam coin it would look very similar to this.  So far the market agrees with me.  Just look at the trades and volume on Trade Ogre.  Every day more XPP is dumped than could possibly have been mined and with almost every sale the price drops further.  The bulk of volume has to be coming from the pre-mine.  Of course the team could easily refute this by publishing the view keys.
ron992

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:25:34 PM

Smiley scam?
CoinClasse

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:19:45 PM

Smiley scam?
  Probably yes  Huh
PrivatePayNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 09:17:40 PM

Can't wait to prove you wrong Smiley

Do you really think a small anonymous team is going to be able to hook up with a major debit card provider?  And how are they going to handle instant payments/debits?  This is no small feat from a technical perspective, just look at ETN and Graft as examples.  And their whitepaper is totally lacking in real information.  Who is "Phil Reynolds"?  His last name wasn't even listed on the bitcointalk thread initially IIRC, it was added later.  Is there any way to verify his name?  Why not post a link to his LinkedIn page or something?

If I were going to design a scam coin it would look very similar to this.  So far the market agrees with me.  Just look at the trades and volume on Trade Ogre.  Every day more XPP is dumped than could possibly have been mined and with almost every sale the price drops further.  The bulk of volume has to be coming from the pre-mine.  Of course the team could easily refute this by publishing the view keys.

Will share details of the premine on Discord/Telegram later today when one dev comes online. Nothing has been sold. All profiles details will be updated in the near future.

cr1pt9

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:57:27 AM

Can't wait to prove you wrong Smiley

Do you really think a small anonymous team is going to be able to hook up with a major debit card provider?  And how are they going to handle instant payments/debits?  This is no small feat from a technical perspective, just look at ETN and Graft as examples.  And their whitepaper is totally lacking in real information.  Who is "Phil Reynolds"?  His last name wasn't even listed on the bitcointalk thread initially IIRC, it was added later.  Is there any way to verify his name?  Why not post a link to his LinkedIn page or something?

If I were going to design a scam coin it would look very similar to this.  So far the market agrees with me.  Just look at the trades and volume on Trade Ogre.  Every day more XPP is dumped than could possibly have been mined and with almost every sale the price drops further.  The bulk of volume has to be coming from the pre-mine.  Of course the team could easily refute this by publishing the view keys.

Will share details of the premine on Discord/Telegram later today when one dev comes online. Nothing has been sold. All profiles details will be updated in the near future.

Premine is starting to look really bad since there was a large number of scam projects. But I don't see a lot of other models how you can actually hold an "equity" in the project you're building besides premine or some other coin distribution (like % of block reward). I'm 100% ok with it since this is not a community coin Smiley

This is also a project where I learned how miners can be greedy and the extent of it Cheesy

My only suggestion to developers would be a bit more responsiveness. Crypto is a fast community and some people tend to generate a lot of negative sentiment in no time.
FlatWorld

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:11:00 PM

Will there be a bounty campaign for this project?
PrivatePayNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 07:12:44 PM

Will there be a bounty campaign for this project?

Yes, please contact us on our Telegram or Discord.
tf2addict

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:36:32 AM

Well the xpp team just released a video of the pre-mine in the wallet that is still intact and not spent, so finally i can start to calm down on this project and enjoy what they are going to release next high hopes for this project now

A video proves nothing, in fact that just reenforces my belief it's a scam.  For one thing it would take five minutes to create a fake wallet to show just this.  Why didn't they do a show_transfers command, at least make it a little more believable (not that they couldn't be faked as well but at least it would be a lot more work).

Post the wallet view key so we can verify real-time.  You can always move the balance to a new wallet if you don't want the view key out there forever.
PrivatePayNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 10:16:55 AM

Well the xpp team just released a video of the pre-mine in the wallet that is still intact and not spent, so finally i can start to calm down on this project and enjoy what they are going to release next high hopes for this project now

A video proves nothing, in fact that just reenforces my belief it's a scam.  For one thing it would take five minutes to create a fake wallet to show just this.  Why didn't they do a show_transfers command, at least make it a little more believable (not that they couldn't be faked as well but at least it would be a lot more work).

Post the wallet view key so we can verify real-time.  You can always move the balance to a new wallet if you don't want the view key out there forever.

Hi, the first point was to show the community the premine, the viewkey is basically useless and will not show "spent". We will do this again next week with show_transfers.
DonGato
Copper Member

Activity: 63
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:52:45 AM

There will never be a private pay debit card. network hash is under 1 MH, coin price is heading to zero soon enough.

Devs made no effort to counter the claims that this was blatant scam coin. only thing said in rebuttal was "cant wait to prove you wrong" well you better hurry up before you get delisted.
tf2addict

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:13:02 PM

Hi, the first point was to show the community the premine, the viewkey is basically useless and will not show "spent". We will do this again next week with show_transfers.

damned if you do damned if you don't tf2addict is a fud spreader professional haha

private pay can you do some videos of the card working please just so we can show these fud spreaders what you guys are doing please look forward to seeing some results

Yes indeed, release some more videos "proving" things.  Meanwhile the market cap of XPP is down to $23k and continuing to fall.  There are dead shit coins that have larger market caps than that.

Why wait until "next week" to do a video showing show_transfers?   Gonna take you that long to fake the wallet?
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 07:23:21 AM

i'm devastated, can't believe Wirex added RIPPLE before adding PrivatePay to their debit card app.

Cheesy

how very dare they  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: