Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:07:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade Vs HODL  (Read 4245 times)
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:03:29 PM

I prefer the hodl method, although that has hurt me very much lately. Day trading does seem like the better route overall, but if requires much more skill and dedication.

Vitalang LLC
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:05:42 PM

Optimal desicion is to keep part for long term (hodl) and other part for day trading. Day trading strategy demands to spend some time every day.
And everybody has his own trading/investment strategy.

events.webinar.ru/1980711/1337195
CryptoGuro1

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:08:26 PM

I got burned on day trading so many times that i do not recommend it

M E D I A   『 https://www.mediaprotocol.org/ 』
P R O T O C O L   ────   ICO: Buy MEDIA Tokens
captaincomet

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:28:32 PM

You have way more options than those two. You can swing trade or position trade. I'd recomend to study more, there are a lot of good free info out there.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:17:08 PM

I prefer the hodl method, although that has hurt me very much lately.

It shouldn't hurt if you play it smart. If you liquidate 10% of your cold wallet(s) during a strong rally, you can almost be sure to buy back at levels significantly lower than where you sold at. It allows you to benefit from this market's fluctuations, but without exposing yourself to the risks associated with short term trading. Not acting at all is fine, but for me personally it's a wasted opportunity that this market from time to time offers. There will be a time where the fluctuations aren't as severe as they have been for years, and thus the opportunities will become rarer and less rewarding overall. It's up to you in the end....
peter_coin

Activity: 92

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 10:29:43 PM

It is different for different minded people. I prefer holding than day trading. Day trading has more risk than holding. Holding is more safe and profitable.
I don't do day trade, I am a holder like you, but holding also has alot of risk. In my own habit of holding I have learnt very tough lessons. I think it's best to have a trading pattern that suits your immediate needs.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:51:16 AM

What is your recommendation for Crypto trading,  Day trading or HODL
Experience in crypto trading big loser or winner

As of now i prefer to choose Hodl than day trading because i don't really know how to read the candlestick and Technical Analysis, but now i starting to do some reaserch on how to read 'cause i want to become a trader someday.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:14:31 AM

taking the decision to hold a coin for a long period of time can minimize the risk of loss, but it all depends on the type of coin we will choose. if we expect to get a faster profit should take a way to do day trading. but if we do daily trading as much as possible should always monitor the movement of market prices in order to read the movement of coins that we trade.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:26:10 AM

Day trading takes a lot of work reasearching charts and coins and a lot of time. You can make it work but you have to know what you are doing. For the average person, it’s probably not worth all the work to do day trading. You can probably do just as well if not better by holding long term and you don’t have to spend a lot of time following the charts.
SinisterS

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:45:45 AM

I say hold, but with a mixture of both. As be patient as if you were fishing and just wait for the right time to sell. And when that time comes, just wait for the right time to buy again, which could be days, weeks, months. That seems to make the most sense to me.
Palmond

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:50:38 AM

For us to hold and we do the tranding in a good way, we benefit in the long run and short term, because bitcoin prices are always increasing every day, with us trading in alt according to our easy earnings in a short time.

psychie

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:19:03 AM

If you are beginner in the crypto world iI would suggest you to hold a potential coins because daily trading is very risky work and need enough time and skills in reading and analyzing the chart, candles and market.
Viscore

Activity: 3052
Merit: 647

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:48:26 AM

We can't commit that we always win, it sometimes we loss also. For the situation that we have, it is better to buy and hold. Selling is a bad idea, though the reason to save from losing too much but it won't make help for it's recovery. Manage to control our emotions and let this bearish market pass by, sunrise will soon to come.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
buivanquan22

Activity: 171

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:02:35 AM

Daily trading is too time consuming for me, not to mention that you do not have a real understanding of technical analysis, will lead to loss of money. I recommend hold long, this will bring higher profits.
neocryptrix

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:06:30 AM

Committing to day trading is a full time job. It's also a very emotional job. I have found that day trading leads me to neglect other aspects of my life that I value. Not to say that I don't do it. I do, but it just comes at a cost, primarily to family. i have set limits with the amount of time that I allow myself to do this. And, what's most often the case, I choose to take long positions on coins for days to weeks, before selling at target levels rather than trying to micro manage every fluctuation of the market, which I have found leads to more emotional, less effective trading.

? HELIOS PROTOCOL ? ?[DAG]?[BLOCKCHAIN]?[PoS]?[Masternodes] Huh[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]Huh
  HuhWebsite  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  | Bounties  | Discord  |  telegram ¦?Huh
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:20:29 AM

Trading requires not only market analysis skills, but also requires patience and thoroughness, very fast price movements occur only brackets within minutes the price can go up and can go down. Most importantly patient and meticulous.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:33:31 AM

It depends on your skill and how many time you got, if you got good analysis skill then day trading can be very ptofitable, but if you only know a littel bit about trading then hold is better, if you don't have time to pay attention to chart and find updated news then you can't become daytrader, hold could be a safer choice for investing
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:02:41 AM

HODL is the best choice you can pick. No matter what you do day trades are useless in terms of profiting your just stacking all your coins and leaving them be because you just have lost your money and keep staking it day by day and at the end you end up getting broke AF. Pick your main coin and focus on it just like BITCOIN And ETH.
anume123

Activity: 700

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:02:50 AM

I think it's better to hold tokens or altcoins but be sure to buy a cheap price and sell it at high prices but it's really worth the time and time to make you big
You have to wait, because in day trade you need it every day and sometimes you lose a lot of panic when it's cheap.

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:20:46 AM

If you want it safe HODL, because if market is down, you can just hodl on the coin until markets starts to recover, once it reached your goal, you can go ahead and sell. While in day trading, regardless if market is bearish or bullish you set a goal as to how much you plan to sell your coin and the price should be reasonable because if your target is to earn 10% in a day, you might not hit your goal, it should be low that by the end of the day or before the day ends you can go ahead and sell and take your profits.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: