Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:36:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade Vs HODL  (Read 4245 times)
bitgoldpanther1978

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:54:33 PM

It depends on whether you have bought the coins at high price or just planning to buy.

If you have bought the coins at high price, better to hold until the price is higher.

If you're just planning to buy coins, day trade would be okay with the current situation wherein the price is up and down. Little profit will do everyday.
Agapelove

Activity: 425
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:03:29 PM

Day trading is highly recommended for fluctuating prices. Although this will need extra efforts everyday. You need to monitor the prices time and time again. And don't expect higher profit everyday. While holding will just need your patience and juat wait for the price to up and up. You're decision.
xitrum

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:09:22 PM

What is your recommendation for Crypto trading,  Day trading or HODL
Experience in crypto trading big loser or winner
You can see that the market is down in the long run so at this time you should only trade the day, hold high risk because the bitcoin price will be able to fall sharply in the coming time and will drag That is the price of altcoin fell sharply. The market is in a downtrend stage and so the bitcoin price will probably decrease at any time.

pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:31:37 AM

You can't contradistinction these two types of trade. These are completely different types of trade. There are coins and situations where it is better to trade daily, but there are coins and situations when it is better to hold them. For example, lately it's very difficult to trade bitcoin daily, because the price is too unpredictable, so it was more accurate to hold them. But the last 10 days the price of bitcoin was in the flat, so it was possible to conduct several excellent short term deals.
As you see, everything is very individual. And also you can simultaneously trade one coin daily, while holding others. I think that many people do just that.
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:10:44 AM

Hold is good option to earn huge profit but I love day trading everyday I earn money  it's good for day trading 
But when  market down hold is good option

It seems like that, when the market recovers, all of our waiting will be paid off, I am always confident and optimistic that this year the market can repeat like last year, the important thing is not to panic and continue to wait for the right time to sell that is the end of the year.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:33:44 AM

I don't have a good experience on day trading, have lost some amount but not that big though. I just can't keep up the pace with the bot traders. On holding also i don't have good things to share either. Coins which i hold suddenly depreciate, i don't know what tokens to hold.

With my experience i could say that everything is dependent with time. If you are in the right place at a right time, chances are you are going to gain profit more. If you buy coins which is cheap now and hold and it surge then you are lucky.
quality.crypto

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:32:25 AM

In this case, the only experience matters because it depends on the situation of the people, i think most of the people will go for holding, cryptocurrency is a biggest volatile market and people find it very difficult to make through day trading. I hope holder will make a very good profit compared to the day trader.
baozi2015

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:48:33 AM

I chose HODL, the reason is actually very simple, that is easy, i just need to spend money to buy, and then wait for the price to be sold properly, the time i HODL could be one day, one week, one month, or even one year. And Day trading is too tired, you need to watch the K line every day and know about all kinds of related news the first time.
3-tails

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:30:35 AM

I'm in the camp that tried day trading and didn't like it. You have to be there ALWAYS or you will miss out. If you want a life and don't bot, you're sunk.  

And then there's the fact that the best way to do day trading is with a lot of coins so even small ups can net a profit. Of course large amounts on the line also makes it even riskier.

I short term hodl, reassessing two or three times a month. This allows me to react to changes and gain money without having to have a ton of time tied up in something super risky. I also have some longer term hodl that is reassessed every six months. This lets me have a cushion just in case something goes wrong.
DanTalksCrypto

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:52:50 AM

Have you thought about trying depth chart analysis for your day trading? It's what I do to view short-term sentiment and momentum, and then trade off it. I am now making 1-2% consistently on the majority of my trades, getting in and out quickly. Losses are contained when the market moves against you.

The discord community I learned this from are great. Check it out: Voodoo Crypto Discord

Any questions, let me know!
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:22:50 AM

it's better to choose to trade daily because when you hold hold it will make you lose and make you unable to use the trading capital that you have as much as possible.
ojanamon

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:16:27 AM

If you long term investment  hold is better for you. It makes more profit. But day trading is better for trader. I like to use both of them
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:41:50 PM

There are many difference between day trading and long term investment like strategies and techniques. Both of them are profitable and effective if you will use your strategy in suitable investment.
Fantastickarl

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:47:16 AM

Everyone has different strategies and different things that works for them. Myself, I dont like day trading as it makes me lose money. I prefer long term HODL and cashing in on bigger profits. This is what I prefer
Showmethebtc

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:52:38 AM

personal idea
I think the current market is more suitable for day trading, because the market is falling very fast, and daily trading allows us to respond in time!
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:58:28 AM

Classic hodl strategy doesn't work on this bear market. It is better to catch some small upside moves bounces

If you have some experience and skills, you can try to do it. yes, the risk is very high still, nevertheless, it can give you quick and not bad returns. Holding works as well but it takes time to earn here.
lavishlifing

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:31:39 PM

I don't recommend day trading right now, because
of the current unstable market. hence, long-term
trades is great in this kind of market.
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:31:56 PM

At present the price of coins is constantly falling, so there is no reason for us to trade in the day, because if you choose to trade in the day you will lose money early.
Chronos_angel

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:46:09 PM

I am not fully a trader but will use the opportunity if there is one coin or several that have the potential to generate profits, and for Hold I will choose a coin that in its habit will crawl up for a long time, for example bitcoin.
tnabielec

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 03:58:07 PM

I've never recommended daytrading to anyone, especially not for beginners. Here's the reasoning:

It takes alot of hours from your day, when you're trading there's no leaving from the computer for x hours. You sit and analyze your positions, leaving your position open unguarded can be a very punishing.

You need to know how to do TA and do it FAST, there's no time for second quessing yourself.

There's alot less room for error in daytrading than in swing-trading/hodling.

All in all, i wouldn't recommend.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: